DMUpdater updated to root Droid 1, Droid X, and EVO 4G within app

balticzar

Reaction score
Well, I thought it was pretty clear until I downloaded and it downloaded as a .Zip. OK, so I will change the extension to .APK.

Sorry. Still getting my legs in here.

kyle94481

Reaction score
Hah I spent 2 hours trying to root my phone tonight, having errors with the SPrecovery method. Tried this and rooted in under a minute. FML :/

Reaction score
i read someones post saying that it works on mac. how do you get it to do that because everytime i click the link i dont get anything?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
i read someones post saying that it works on mac. how do you get it to do that because everytime i click the link i dont get anything?
It's all done from your phone now! Meaning you don't need to use your computer at all to root now. Which for us Mac users is awesome because if you had 2.1 stock on your Droid, you had to literally jump through fire to run RSDlite on your Mac to root your phone before. Just download the apk on the first page and let the app do the rest!

PS No one literally jumped through fire to root (atleast not that I know of, and if someone did, is it on youtube?)

kyle94481

Reaction score
Successfully installed Bugless Beast 4.4 with this root. Everything seems to be working fine for now.

Reaction score
so how long does it take i have been in sprecovery for about 4 mina at the part that says select packages to install

kyle94481

Reaction score
You don't need to be in SPrecovery.
STEPS

1. Download the file from the link provided at the op.
2. Mount your Phone.
3. Move the file to a directory on your phone.
4. Install Astro File Manager if needed.
5. Open Astro and locate the file you put into the sd card.
6. Press it, and then press Open App Manager. (You may need to go into settings > applications > tick Unknown Sources if needed.
7. Install the file.
8. Open the file and press Root My Phone
9. ???
10. Profit.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need to be in SPrecovery.
STEPS

1. Download the file from the link provided at the op.
2. Mount your Phone.
3. Move the file to a directory on your phone.
4. Install Astro File Manager if needed.
5. Open Astro and locate the file you put into the sd card.
6. Press it, and then press Open App Manager. (You may need to go into settings > applications > tick Unknown Sources if needed.
7. Install the file.
8. Open the file and press Root My Phone
9. ???
10. Profit.

I think they already rooted and are wondering what the next step is????

kyle94481

Reaction score
Well in that case, if you're referring to the stage when it's installing the update, yes it will take a while. Mine took over 4 minutes if you were wondering. Now I have BB installed and everything is working beautifully.

Mojo

Reaction score
Has anyone had sprecovery just dissapear? I rooted, flashed sprecovery, I can reboot into sprecovery but once I reboot again next time I boot into recovery, its just the normal recovery. I have to flash sprecovery again.

angler1

Reaction score
Has anyone had sprecovery just dissapear? I rooted, flashed sprecovery, I can reboot into sprecovery but once I reboot again next time I boot into recovery, its just the normal recovery. I have to flash sprecovery again.

I have had that happen but only when using the old DM. Haven't tried the new one yet. Seemed if you didn't flash a rom immediately you would loose sprecovery. Kinda weird.

Mojo

Reaction score
Yeah it is weird... I've put froyo on now, all seems well so far so we shall see.