DMUpdater updated to root Droid 1, Droid X, and EVO 4G within app

antjonz

Reaction score
question

where do you download the .APK file to, the computer desktop or the Droid? And how do you install it? My desktop doesn't have a program associated with this file to open it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to this team, good to see they are working on new stuff for the community

zfly9

Reaction score
So this is all you need if your stock 2.1? I can just download this, click root, and I'm good?

If so, how do you apply a rom after? (If this is general knowledge, I'll look it up, sorry, just not sure if it's any different)

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
If I do this, what happens if VZ rolls out 2.2 next week? Will I get notified and if I do update it takes me back to stock 2.2, right?

Damn, I don't see how you guys keep up with this stuff. Now that the rooting has been made painless, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to flash a ROM.

I'm just gonna stand pat I guess.

balticzar

Reaction score
Quick question, the post and instructions say that this is an .apk file. But the download is a .zip. Do we have to rename the extension to .apk and intstall via Astro or Linda? Thanks.

Droid X
Stock

droidman101

Reaction score
If I do this, what happens if VZ rolls out 2.2 next week? Will I get notified and if I do update it takes me back to stock 2.2, right?

Damn, I don't see how you guys keep up with this stuff. Now that the rooting has been made painless, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to flash a ROM.

I'm just gonna stand pat I guess.

1. sprecovery will block it if you hit accept, so no
2. there are many tutorials here on flashing roms :)

bje1982

Reaction score
So will this be updated to work with froyo at some point? Probably the only people that will need to root pretty soon will be people that already took the ota right?

droidman101

Reaction score
So will this be updated to work with froyo at some point? Probably the only people that will need to root pretty soon will be people that already took the ota right?

1. yes, in fact it will
2. umm, if you need to root this will work (soon) no matter what.