[D1-MIUI Changelog]

Status
Not open for further replies.

publicanimal

Reaction score
A quick chipping in of my two-cents: Since Chrome-to-Phone is available in the Market, I don't think it needs to be included as a system application. I'll be removing it from the zip before I install this.

That said: THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I can't wait to install this.

This may be a stupid question, but is it as easy as just pulling out what you don't want then zipping it back up and flashing? Sorry to be a noob, but I've never done this before. Just flashed existing ROMs.

Not a stupid question.

The key is DON'T UNZIP. If you ever want to edit an update.zip, open the zip in 7-Zip or WinRAR without unzipping/extracting the file and delete the files you don't want to flash.

You can also add files that you DO want to flash.

This is the method I used to create the AllInOne fixes update for Zen's V2.

kwattro

Reaction score

publicanimal

Reaction score
SLAYER OR CHEVY???
1000 OR 11OO???

What do you guys think?

Well it's a personal choice. But I've been having stellar luck with Chevy's ULV 1200 and keeping the CPU button on the notification bar options unlit (which underclocks your CPU).

Also good to be using the latest kernels:
Index of /froyo/kernels2

on the ulv 1200 hows wifi? battery? and temp?

No issues w/ wifi. Battery life is stellar, with this ROM I've been getting way better battery life than I've gotten on the past few ROMs that I've flashed. The temps are very low, the back of my phone has been cool to the touch virtually 100% of the time.

The reason I keep the CPU toggle unlit was because I had it that way when I first installed Miui when I had no idea what the CPU toggle did and performance has been so smooth that I see no reason to up the clock speeds. Having the CPU toggle unlit underclocks by about 200 MHz - Right now I get just over 1200 as a Quadrant score.

publicanimal

Reaction score
So the op has been updated along with the rom. Enjoy, please report bugs on the bug/issue tracker on the site.

Here to be exact (Issues - d1-miui - Project Hosting on Google Code)

I notice that you removed CarHomeGoogle.apk from /system/app but left CarHomeLauncher.apk. Very nice, that kept me from having to make that change myself. :D
^^^^^^^^^^(duh should have read the changelog before I posted that.)

I still think Chrome to Phone should be removed... I think having it in /system/app might interfere with getting updates from the market?

EDIT: To be clear, I am a Chrome to Phone user, I just prefer to have it in /data/app with the rest of my market apps

EDIT 2: As others have posted, locations are still not working with the update. GPS locations work fine, it is the network locations that are the issue.

Last edited:

jjfreak5

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with apps disappearing? They aren't getting uninstalled because I can find them in settings > applications > all, but if I move one accidentally right on top of another one that one will just disappear. Like I know before calendar disappeared, and this time another one did, but I don't remember what app it was...

Edit: This time my gmail app is gone...

Still says it is installed, but I cannot get it onto my home screens...

Last edited:

kwattro

Reaction score
kernel

Well it's a personal choice. But I've been having stellar luck with Chevy's ULV 1200 and keeping the CPU button on the notification bar options unlit (which underclocks your CPU).

Also good to be using the latest kernels:
Index of /froyo/kernels2

on the ulv 1200 hows wifi? battery? and temp?

No issues w/ wifi. Battery life is stellar, with this ROM I've been getting way better battery life than I've gotten on the past few ROMs that I've flashed. The temps are very low, the back of my phone has been cool to the touch virtually 100% of the time.

The reason I keep the CPU toggle unlit was because I had it that way when I first installed Miui when I had no idea what the CPU toggle did and performance has been so smooth that I see no reason to up the clock speeds. Having the CPU toggle unlit underclocks by about 200 MHz - Right now I get just over 1200 as a Quadrant score.

With Chev LV 1100, it was very stable with short term movie playback, seeking through movie and for 3d game play. I ran quadrant 5 times while on charger. Very fast and stable but temp increase was quicker than normal, it became pretty sluggish and very warm

#1- 1373
#2- 1473
#3- 1549
#4- 1470
#5- 1482

1470 AVERAGE

With Slayer 1100, these are my scores, same tests ran. Temps 6 degrees lower, reached 101f and a lil warm but not sluggish
was still snappy and kept taking the torture

#1-1218
#2-1626
#3-1639
#4-1650
#5-1625

1552 AVERAGE

SLAYER IT IS!!!

Last edited:
Z

ZeroBarrier

OK, v3.1, where do I start...

Network Location = still broken and still doesn't display an accept/decline
Launcher = crashes at every reboot, wasn't doing that on v3

For now, I'm rolling back to v3, as it seems to me it's one less problem till network location gets fixed.

publicanimal

Reaction score
OK, v3.1, where do I start...

Network Location = still broken and still doesn't display an accept/decline
Launcher = crashes at every reboot, wasn't doing that on v3

For now, I'm rolling back to v3, as it seems to me it's one less problem till network location gets fixed.

Good call, I'm rolling back to v3 as well. It could just be all the home screen organizing I have been doing but v3.1 seems to have been eating though my battery like nobody's business.

I was not having any issues w/ launcher force closes with v3 once I changed the kernel. The stock Droid froyo kernel is probably just a bad fit for this ROM since it is ported from a device with a 1.0 GHz processor.

EDIT: Regarding network location...
come to think of it, upon install after a data wipe and after logging into my Google Account, no Miui ROM has given me the option of using network location. There is usually a screen with two boxes to check/uncheck, followed by a second screen with one box asking if I'd like to use network locations. This second screen with the single box has always been absent.

Presumably this was one of the reasons we had to install over another ROM in order to get network locations to work with previous versions of this ROM.... something to think about.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I got the second screen to check network location. At least after logging back into google I had 2 screens I usually just hit next or finish and didn't read them though.

Sent from somewhere...

publicanimal

Reaction score
I got the second screen to check network location. At least after logging back into google I had 2 screens I usually just hit next or finish and didn't read them though.

Sent from somewhere...

Ah ok. Well whatever the third box is, it isn't present on Miui and IS present on every other ROM I've ever tried. I thought that might be a contributing factor to the problem.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Yes, and it wasn't absent for me in previous MIUI ROM versions.

GavLoc

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to this whole rooting thing, was wondering if i need to wipe my cache and data before putting this on my phone(motorola Droid1)? thanks. Sincerely, noob rooter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.