D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

djbrent2

Reaction score
i was actually waiting for a final version of Froyo MIUI, but thanks for the work.

excellentnuke

Reaction score
i was actually waiting for a final version of Froyo MIUI, but thanks for the work.

IIRC, the April releases were the first GB updates for all phones. The Froyo that was released prior to April is the final Froyo MIUI build.

@OP: May I suggest asking other devs how they stabilized GB on the D1? Seems like that would help a lot.

Brnelson80

Reaction score
Thank you OP for your hard work on this ROM with bama out. I had to revert to last FROYO build due to stability issues (which I expected based on the early nature of the GB ROM). My phone rebooted in the middle of a work phone call which was the clincher for me. The work on the UI is fantastic though. Keeps me from upgrading my phone for sure. Thank you again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

bejank

Reaction score
Loving the update but for some reason when i installed the rom i clicked on my downloads and saw that my phone was downloading a Motorola update and im not sure why it would?Anyone else get the same thing?
Yeah I got the same thing. Just cancelled it and went on my way :p.

mjh68

Reaction score
Love the new changes, but way to unstable on my phone unfortunately :(
Launcher keeps force closing, soft reboots when trying to change things in the settings and a hard lock up while charging that required a battery pull.
I started with a full wipe and clean install , launcher kept force closing.. tried to fix permissions with rom manager , but still happens.
I do like the new UI elements so will check back with the next update and see if it is better.

t.hendy

Reaction score
I as well have noticed soft reboots randomly when I'm tinkering around on the phone.

I changed the launcher to compatibility mode, but would someone be so kind as to briefly explain how I can also increase my VM Heap and switch to the 32m compcache as posted earlier?

if these simple workarounds increase the overall performance until a more stable build is constructed then thats what I want to do.

Thanks all :)

Oh I love the tv screen turning off effect on the lockscreen in GB now,

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Holy Shnikes!
How the hell did you all do this?
JZ, thanks for your return to help, it's like straight out of Superman II.
Magi, how did you pull off raising JZ from the depths of the nether world? Please God, tell me you didn't bury him in that Pet Cemetery. Oh please, Oh please.... Oh please.
No doubt this will have bugs galore, but what GB ROM hasn't in initial iterations? crickets .....
Plus it is MIUI, so bugs are always expected to an extent. Thanks all who put this joint project together. I wish I could have assisted but was busy with another joint project.
AALLAAAABBAAAAMMMAAAA MAAANNN,
Nice to see you've not been chewed up and spit out by the MCAT prep. Don't be playing too much with this present from the gods. There will be plenty of time to play with yourself, after the test.
Back to the books and cadavers.

Finally I just can't pass up this opportunity as it presents itself to us literally every week in the latest release thread.

x25064
Are you kidding me?
You sound like the type that goes to a sold out show just so you can complain at the ticket window.
Orders a Big Mac medium rare and then yells at the staff when the burger isn't pink.
Are you under some odd impression that the Chinese developers hop over to DF to read what America and other countries think of their progress?
If not, why the insanity of reposting week in and week out?
Here let me fix those issues for you, unroot and flash back to stock.
No more MIUI issues, problem addressed and solved for the rest of your OGs life.
Oh you could just ring up China and ask the operator to connect you to 555-MIUI.
Then when you've got them on the phone tell them about the problematic issues they refuse to address.
Make sure you have English to Chinese dictionary, one for each dialect. Don't speak Shanghainese to someone who only understands Cantonese, then they'll never be able to help.
Easier thing would be send a letter, since they all share the same (alphabet) characters, regardless of region.
That is where the problem will be solved, not here by the great people who've pitched in to port this to us all.

Wait, maybe they can reverse engineer a way to port you to China....

Thanks again for everyone who helped in any way with this.

x
It would be wise to respond with impressive silence. Much like the sound of one hand clapping.(ancient koan or saying from Asia)
As any post will more than likely just make a bigger mockery of yourself. Adding to everyones enjoyment, as everyone loves to laugh.
Actually scratch that, I have no rights to bar us from further hilarity.
If anyone thinks this to be flaming, please explain how. And then, explain how reposting an incessant inane complaint every week to people who have no ability to address it, is not.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
magiman7 great job on the port not having any serious problems but there are a few broken things that im not sure are related to the build or the port of it. also was curious as to why no app tab in notification bar is that something you took out cause it wasnt working or was it not included in the milestone build

It was not intentional. I think it is related to the issue with the overlay with the notification bar. When you drag down for notifications, if you look at the top notification bar you can see a glitch with it drawing icons (radio and 3g icon maybe?) where it shouldn't. It looks like a framework issue, so I don't know if it was a translation issue, problem with the original milestone build, or something I did.

IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
how I can also increase my VM Heap and switch to the 32m compcache as posted earlier?

The easiest way to increase heap is to get a program from the market VM Heap Tool. If you want, you can also grab it from xda here. [APP] VM Heap Tool - give your apps more space to breathe! - xda-developers

I have mine set to 32 mb. There is a balance between having it too low (and programs want to access more memory) and too high (programs hold on to too much memory and your phone runs out). Stock is 24, 32 seems to have helped my phone.

IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

nick12

Reaction score
Changing the vm heap to 32 helped me with the force closes (I think), but I still get a ton of reboots. I also haven't been able to get my gps to work yet in any apps, even though it's turned on. Is anyone else seeing that?

Overall, I have to say this is pretty much what I expected... It looks very slick, has some really nice new features (equalizer, downloads app, notes app, etc), and it actually seems pretty quick. I may just be in my head, but internet browsing feels quicker. On the other hand though, also as I expected, it's a big step back in stability. Here's to hoping it gets better in future versions.

Anyway, thanks so much for jumping on porting this. I was totally convinced it would be at least a month before I got to play around with this.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Reboot, Reboot, Reboot, Reboot. I haven't even restored everything yet. It looks fantastic, but it is very buggy. Thanks guys for the hard work. I like it much better than the Froyo rom. It will only get better. I just hope it can be relatively stable considering the limited memory in the D1.

patrush

Reaction score
Its so great that our loved droid finally got touched by miui 1.4 it need a lot of work tough...
Fc'ed so many times on me and some random reboot...
I'll wait some more for stable port as cm7 released today it carry a lot of hope for many custom rom...

qkpony

Reaction score
Not sure everything seams good other than market stays art saying downloading. Wont advance from that. Any help or input would beer cool.