D1-miui-1.4.15 (Gingerbread)

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
[Updated] D1-miui-1.4.15c (Gingerbread)

D1-MIUI-1.4.15c.1 - Gingerbread

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA according to the miui.cn developers.(and concured upon by MagiMan7, TP4Bama, and Jamazelle) MIUI build based off of the 1.4.15 build from china(MIUI.CN)

I have updated the build to include the updated language packs (version 1c). I have been able to flash 1.4.15c over 1.4.15 with only wiping cache. If you run into problems, reflash after wiping data

D1-MIUI-1.4.15.c.1 UPDATE!!!
CVPCS has found and fixed the 3G dropped signal error on the Droid because he is the man. Jamezelle kanged his fix and incorporated it into Miui. The credit for the fix all goes to CVPCS (Follow him on twitter because he is a cool guy @cvpcs). All credit for adding this fix to D1-Miui goes to Jamezelle. I just copied over the file he made into my current build.

This build was ported to the droid by MagiMan7 with the extensive help of Jamezelle and TP4Bama (a true team effort on this one) and translations to english were done by MarkHUK from MIUI Android - Welcome to MIUI Developers

This build was based off of CM7. I used the latest nightly (39) for my source files. You will see vast improvements over the 1.4.8 build. I am still trying to work on the WMA audio bug, but I don't have any WMA audio files, so it is hard for me to test. Regardless, I thought what I had was releasable anyway.

*I am not planning to take TP4BAMA's place, just helping out so he can focus on studying*

Follow him on twitter @tp4bama for real time updates!

Follow me on twitter @magiman7 for real time updates on what I am doing.

Have questions about the UI? hoppermi created a GREAT GUIDE read it, learn it!
whiskeycoke manages our THEME THREAD HERE at droid forums so a big thanks to him as well!

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
"MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama and/or Jamezelle" nor miui.cn developers are
 not liable in anyway, */

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Flashing zip files over the rom after flashing might cause reboots while downloading market apps, make a backup before flashing zips!
  • Apps dont automatically load, use miui backup app to load apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes or reboots when accessing settings, try another theme or switch to the stock default theme.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! also there is a problem across all build with problems attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts.
  • Downloading from 3g hangs (See fix below)
  • WMA audio playback does not work
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

CHANGELOG: STICKY THREAD IN THIS SECTION.

Local changes by ME:
  • Google apps removed for easier updating from market.
  • Car Home was added because it cannot be found on the market
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 32mb
  • Compcache working from install
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. Or backup apps data with Titanium Backup from the market (Not thoroughly tested yet)
  3. NANDROID BACKUP!
  4. Wipe Data/factory reset
  5. Flash this rom
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup or Titanium backup
  7. DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes... You have been warned.

DOWNLOAD
Be sure to NANDROID backup!

1.4.15 D1-MIUI-1.4.15

1.4.15c D1-MIUI-1.4.15c

1.4.15c.1 D1-MIUI-1.4.15c.1

Themers: I have no idea what may have changed with the transition to gingerbread.

DOWNLOAD FIX
If you cannot download apps from the market, while the market is trying to download an app, go into the Dowloads app and click menu button. Select Use Wifi. Press Menu again and select Download using Mobile Network. If the apps do not start downloading, back out of the Download app and go into
Settings -> Programs -> Manage Programs -> All Tab
Select Downloads and Force Stop. If the download still does not start. Force Stop Market and then go back and try to re-download your app via the market. You should only have to do this fix once and all downloads should work afterwards, even if you switch back and forth between 3G and Wifi.

Last edited:

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Grab the sofa! Man Im up way to early lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

KevonnnAPV

Reaction score
D/l now! Excited to see how well this works. Thanks guys!

vjaamm

Reaction score
Any way to get the mms to lock into memory?

hoppermi

Reaction score
Thanks Brothers!

My desk clock needed an upgrade;) This is looking really nice.

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
I have been away from minuit for a while waiting for gingerbread. Does this rom support compcache?

mjh68

Reaction score
Thank you for such a quick port ! Magiman, Welcome back Bama ! Hope your MCAT's went well . Downloading now, hopefully my phone can run this version. Couldn't get past all the reboots even with the suggested fixes.

mjh68

Reaction score
Does this have the updated language pack?

I don't think so because it still has the chinese boot animation.

The rom is running very well so far, haven't had a single force close or soft reboot since loading it up ! Love the UI changes and really digging it so far.
Strictly kept it stock so far, doesn't sound like the old themes are playing well with this version and unsure about kernels. I was running Deprime's kernel on CM so wonder if anyone has tried it on MIUI ?

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Just booted up with Deprimed and so far things seem a little smoother than the default kernel.

I think the language pack is there since text prediction is working correctly. Still a few random Chinese characters here and there though.

Also, I'm seeing a few spots where black text is on black backgrounds and white text is on white backgrounds.

The orange loading circle looks bad in some places, can we get that changed back to grey?

Other than that all seems well :)

dryny

Reaction score
The email app is unusable with black text on a black background. Is that something that is easy to change? Also, others have mentioned heap size and compcache, how does that work?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bmx24

Reaction score
hey thanks for this i really like how you stepped up to the plate and did this i was waiting on the gb miui for a while you single handedly brought me babk to muiu :)

hoppermi

Reaction score
The email app is unusable with black text on a black background. Is that something that is easy to change? Also, others have mentioned heap size and compcache, how does that work?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I believe you need to turn on/off compatibility mode for the offending app, using manage applications.