D1-Miui-1.4.22

zmaster

Reaction score
This is a heads up to anyone interested in installing the BnB Market with 1.4.22 – which by the way is quite beautiful. Download it here, post #798:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-inversion-conversion/105022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk-80.html

Flash 1.4.22, but don’t sign into Google. Immediately boot into recovery and flash the BnB Market.

The Market in 1.4.22 is 2.3.4 and if you sign into Google before flashing the BnB Market, it will immediately update to the ugly green and white market. Then it will be too late to easily change it to the themed Market.

You could probably use the same process for any of the other themed 2.3.6 Markets, though I’m not sure. If you’ve already flashed 1.4.22 and can’t stand the stock Market, I’d say it’s worth re-flashing just to get the BnB Market; it’s that nice.

Flashed it, but how do I change the text in the market so it's readable ? I now have black on black .

I have black on black too, did you get any answers hot to change it?

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
This is a heads up to anyone interested in installing the BnB Market with 1.4.22 – which by the way is quite beautiful. Download it here, post #798:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-inversion-conversion/105022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk-80.html

Flash 1.4.22, but don’t sign into Google. Immediately boot into recovery and flash the BnB Market.

The Market in 1.4.22 is 2.3.4 and if you sign into Google before flashing the BnB Market, it will immediately update to the ugly green and white market. Then it will be too late to easily change it to the themed Market.

You could probably use the same process for any of the other themed 2.3.6 Markets, though I’m not sure. If you’ve already flashed 1.4.22 and can’t stand the stock Market, I’d say it’s worth re-flashing just to get the BnB Market; it’s that nice.

Flashed it, but how do I change the text in the market so it's readable ? I now have black on black .

I'm not sure if this'll work for a modded market, but several of my stock MIUI 1.4.22 apps had black on black. I went into settings, manage applications, found the app that was misbehaving, and turned on the option for it to run in compatibility mode, and the text now is white.

Reaction score

I would suggest making a separate thread for discussing this. I have no problems with anyone modding 1.4.22, but I cannot problem solve any issues that come up with doing this. I would prefer any bugs listed in this thread to be related to the 1.4.22 build, not bugs with different mods. It makes it easier for users to find information too.

I'm not sure if this'll work for a modded market, but several of my stock MIUI 1.4.22 apps had black on black. I went into settings, manage applications, found the app that was misbehaving, and turned on the option for it to run in compatibility mode, and the text now is white.

Yes that’s the fix for black on black text. Though please note that as per magiman7’s suggestion a separate thread has been started for this mod:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/143225-successfully-flashing-bnb-market-2-3-6-1-4-22-a.html

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I only posted the fix because I've had to apply it to the stock MIUI 1.4 browser and email apps too, so it's a needed implementation for the stock apps occasionally.

I would suggest making a separate thread for discussing this. I have no problems with anyone modding 1.4.22, but I cannot problem solve any issues that come up with doing this. I would prefer any bugs listed in this thread to be related to the 1.4.22 build, not bugs with different mods. It makes it easier for users to find information too.

Yes that’s the fix for black on black text. Though please note that as per magiman7’s suggestion a separate thread has been started for this mod:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/143225-successfully-flashing-bnb-market-2-3-6-1-4-22-a.html

g_what

Reaction score
When I try to play videos on my phone (that I have previously recorded myself, not from youtube, etc.) they are jerky and sometimes done even play. The audio also just sounds like static.

On top of this I have had multiple FCs when trying to use the camera. Typically I am able to take one picture, then the camera FCs. I am also unable to record video. It just doesn't register that I am pressing either the physical button or the screen to start recording.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

This (and sub-par battery life) are the only issues I have thus far with the rom. Everything else is great.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that the phone (the actual phone application) FCs occasionally. This is very frustrating and I don't know how I forgot about it. I was just reminded though because it just happened while I was on the phone with my gf. I also had this problem with 1.4.15: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/141373-d1-miui-1-4-15-gingerbread-15.html#post1470815
Again, anyone else having this problem??

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Could someone point me in the right direction for the lock screen widget. That was left out of this version but suppose to be available ala carte.

Thanks

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

abtre

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the quality using the new MIUI camera? I've altered multiple settings, but it's always still the same blur despite the lens being clean.

zmaster

Reaction score
On top of this I have had multiple FCs when trying to use the camera. Typically I am able to take one picture, then the camera FCs. I am also unable to record video. It just doesn't register that I am pressing either the physical button or the screen to start recording.

Is anyone else having similar issues?
i do too have problem with the camera. i can shot pictures no problems, but the video part an issue. i would press button on the screen, it would record, but in few second it will freez the phone, cannot stop recording. at the end there is actually no recoding stored.
any solutions to fix this?

Reaction score
Could someone point me in the right direction for the lock screen widget. That was left out of this version but suppose to be available ala carte.

Thanks

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

I’m also interested in finding where to download the lock screen widget.

Trofn8er

Reaction score
Miui backup

If coming from 1.2.11.0 ( I know it's been awhile ) can I still use Miui back-up to save all me apps and data?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If coming from 1.2.11.0 ( I know it's been awhile ) can I still use Miui back-up to save all me apps and data?

If you are restoring apps, the best answer I can give is maybe. Some people have had success with doing this with some apps and others have not. I would say go ahead and try it. When you are restoring, I would recommend restoring 1 app at a time and making sure it does not cause any FC issues with your phone. If an app gives you a problem, remove it and install fresh from the market.

If you are trying to restore system data, then no, that will not work at all.

Trofn8er

Reaction score
OK thanks. one more quick question....so can I move any old data over to the this rom? What if I use TIBU?

If you are restoring apps, the best answer I can give is maybe. Some people have had success with doing this with some apps and others have not. I would say go ahead and try it. When you are restoring, I would recommend restoring 1 app at a time and making sure it does not cause any FC issues with your phone. If an app gives you a problem, remove it and install fresh from the market.

jdm627

Reaction score

I did in this way but after some app gave me again Fc any way I am very happy with your work. Iphone theme gave me fc with settings.

kamisan

Reaction score
tibu and restoring in latest miui

I found bluetooth parings, playlists restored fine. App specific like pandora, radiotime, (apps where you have a login to use them) worked but I went as clean as possible otherwise, wipe, wipe wipe, (sounds like 4th grade all over again) :p
clean install, re install apps and restore app specific data worked the best I have two D1's and did not do it on one and ended up re wiping and installing.

So many items are labled different and some in different folders, restoring them is asking for issues.

This rom needs tweeking just to get it to behave like the better froyo versions. (I am creating an ext3 partition on a new sd card as I type)
Vmheap upped to 44mb, auto mem manager allowing visible and foreground app more mem and things are pretty smooth. Still cannot upload on certain apps. (droid forums for one) but I can on facebook and email and texting.

just my .02 worth, re install is worth it over restore.