D1-Miui-1.4.29

beaton3344

Reaction score
I'm on 1.4.22 version 29 to buggy yet. But I used tibu to restore my apps. Worked fine for me but do not restore data just app. Then run fix permissions. Running perfect for me. Miui is fast and stable rom one of the top for me. Still having 3g issue which drives me crazy but miui graphics and gingerbread speed keep me from going back to froyo. Wish we could figure out the 3g deal.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROOIID

Reaction score
How is everyone doing after a couple of days running the deprimed kernel with the Su terminal code enabled?

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

chewy74

Reaction score
well your market is connected to your google accts...so if you tried to restore account data then thats probably what broke it.

That's what I tried before and it broke the App Market. It wouldn't download any apps at all after (kind of) restoring my application data. I also tried to restore my accounts with Titanium so maybe that stepped on something. I have several google accounts and don't like typing them back in. That's not a showstopper but my Robodefense stats MUST get restored.:)

I used TB

when restoring DO NOT restore system data, JUST app + data. if you find an app is FCing after, trying wiping data for the offending app. if it still FC then run 'Fix Permissions' in ROM manager

if you dont mind losing app data then just restore apps w/no data if you want to be on the safe side

I'm looking for the exact same answer, I'm coming from UD and I see that MIUI doesn't restore any apps. Hopefully somebody has some advice on the best way to switch to MIUI from another GB ROM.

loudaccord

Reaction score
just switched over to this from an early April version. Went with deprimed kernel and I have to say that this is pretty quick. It's about 1/3rd faster than my Incredible. Here is the quadrant I just ran.

attachment.php

iWordplay

Reaction score
Does this one have the old camera, I don't like the MIUI camera.

hawkfrost89

Reaction score
The keyboard on mine is not giving suggestions on this release. It's giving them, but they make no sense with what I type. Maybe I need to reinstall. I'm just running stock kernal. I tried loading up perfect keyboard and it wouldn't leave suggestions at all even when set up. Anybody having this problem?

Hawk

DROOIID

Reaction score
This might be a noob question, but how do i install a kernel? Do i just put it on the root of the sd card then go into recovery and "install zip from sdcard"?

Card

Reaction score
Just wanted to say how happy I am with 1.4.29.

The MIUI Rom Downloader on the Market for some reason downloaded 1.3.Something and I was having issues out the wazoo with it. Random reboots, leading to a bootloop, tons of apps force closing, and just general annoyances (and that was after a factory wipe, re-install). However, 1.4.29 has solved all these. Even before I went back to a 800mhz clock speed, my phone was running faster than an overclocked Droid on factory 2.2.2, which is simply swell.

Cheers to all involved in creating, translating, and working on this ROM!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DROOIID - Yep just put on SD and install in recovery just like a ROM. Then use SetCPU to setup your clock settings.

hawkfrost89 - Now THAT sounds strange!

Hey, does this version still kill playing music while trying to go into other apps? I am still on a Froyo MIUI because of that Gingerbread issue. I have not tested this version though and was curious...

zachdroid

Reaction score
Is the issue of recording in mms repaired? I didn't see if it was in the op.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey, does this version still kill playing music while trying to go into other apps? I am still on a Froyo MIUI because of that Gingerbread issue. I have not tested this version though and was curious...

I have been able to listen to music while pulling up facebook, navigation, and browser. I did not test it for a long period of time, but music was not killed initially.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I have been able to listen to music while pulling up facebook, navigation, and browser. I did not test it for a long period of time, but music was not killed initially.

Thats very good news, thanks a lot magiman7... Looks like I have something to flash tomorrow during work, haha... Don't judge me! I still do a good job!

rafiki1

Reaction score

Thats very good news, thanks a lot magiman7... Looks like I have something to flash tomorrow during work, haha... Don't judge me! I still do a good job!

*Judge* tsk tsk...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk