D1-Miui-1.4.29

groovydeus

Reaction score
Thanks figured it out. I just backed up the keyboard in the previous release then restored it.

Two bugs I found first there is chinese in the call app like after you hang up with someone, also on the boot animation. For some reason rom manager cannot fix permissions. Small things, but perfect besides that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

So, I did multiple wipes and restored programs from MIUI backup.

I was having the same issue - it was kinda strange, but any of the programs that I had moved to the SD card on the last build were giving me issues. ROM manager was giving me the fix permissions issue, and all others, after restoring with MIUI Backup would show as being 'on phone' but the file size gave the appearance of being on the SD card. When I tried to 'move' any of them to the SD card I received an error that there was not enough space (although I still have 8+Gb of space left).

The long and short is that for these programs I had to uninstall and reinstall from market - fixed everything...not a huge issue. Just odd.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've messed around with the ERI file and I'm not trying to remove it entirely. I just don't want it showing up like it is in the screenshot. I asked someone else who had installed the 4.29 port, as well as updated my friend's Incredible to the 4.29 port, and neither show "Verizon Wireless" unless the shade is pulled down. Any ideas?

I can understand how that is distracting. I cannot test this directly unfortunately. My account is a transfered Alltell account, so I have never had any network text show up on my notification bar. It is always blank. If you want, I can try some things if you are available to test them.

You mentioned two 4.29 ports that did not have this issue. One was the incredible, what was the other?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Where is or what happen with the miio.dev app

I have switched to using the Milestone builds and translations provided by miui.us instead of those by miuiandroid (miui-dev). You can get the apk from their english packs if you want it.

Miui.us is working on an app for their forums, but it will probably take a couple of weeks until it is ready.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
That network notification text (Verizon Wireless) would annoy the bejesus out of me. Not downloading until there's a "fix" for that.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Where is or what happen with the miio.dev app

I have switched to using the Milestone builds and translations provided by miui.us instead of those by miuiandroid (miui-dev). You can get the apk from their english packs if you want it.

Miui.us is working on an app for their forums, but it will probably take a couple of weeks until it is ready.

So we leaving markhuk?

That would explain the non translated boot animation as well.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So we leaving markhuk?

That would explain the non translated boot animation as well.

Mark and the group at miuiandroid.com have decided to support official devices, those that miui.com releases a version for, because most of the developers who ported builds to other devices have moved to miui.us. The Droid is not an officially supported device, and I have closer ties with those who moved to miui.us. I used the miui.us sources and will probably continue to do so in the future for my builds. I have no problems with Mark or anyone at miuiandroid.

Tp4bama took his mcat test this weekend so I do not know what involvement he is going to have in next weeks build. Obviously he is free to pick any source for his builds he wants. I haven't talked to him about this coming week's build.

As far as the boot animation, this is why there is still chinese on it. The devs at miui.us will be making their own boot animation, but it will be a few weeks until they have one.

sstidhem

Reaction score
Got a quick question: How do I switch from another ROM to this one if Titanium won't work? I'm using Liquid right now and tried to install MIUI. It looked great and ran fast but I couldn't restore my data or application. I can live without my apps -- I'll restore them. But the data is trickier. There are some apps that store their data online so no problem but others don't. That's why I use Titanium but it seems to not work correctly on MIUI. Is there a MIUI backup .apk I can install on Liquid and go that route?

kamisan

Reaction score
SD apps not showing up fix (at least it was for me)

Thanks figured it out. I just backed up the keyboard in the previous release then restored it.

Two bugs I found first there is chinese in the call app like after you hang up with someone, also on the boot animation. For some reason rom manager cannot fix permissions. Small things, but perfect besides that.

So, I did multiple wipes and restored programs from MIUI backup.

I was having the same issue - it was kinda strange, but any of the programs that I had moved to the SD card on the last build were giving me issues. ROM manager was giving me the fix permissions issue, and all others, after restoring with MIUI Backup would show as being 'on phone' but the file size gave the appearance of being on the SD card. When I tried to 'move' any of them to the SD card I received an error that there was not enough space (although I still have 8+Gb of space left).

The long and short is that for these programs I had to uninstall and reinstall from market - fixed everything...not a huge issue. Just odd.

If you take out your SD card and open it on a PC, there is a directory with all your APPS2SD on it, (I think .android_Secure) (it does not show even with root explorer) you probably have alot of old and uninstalled ones still showing. asec2 at the end is usually the sencond one. Alot of duplicates will show there as well. If you clean that up I.E. delete the dupes and non used ones, then put it back in your phone see what happens. For me all my sd loaded apps worked and ALOT faster load time than prior. Junk in the way may be your issue. Worth a look.

DROOIID

Reaction score

Use root explorer /data/data area find rom manager folder then the fix permissions file and change the permissions to 755. (Allow all) and it should work.

Is there anything else i can do to fix this problem with rom manager without downloading root explorer... i dont really want to drop 4 bucks. THanks

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
Im like everyone else, that verizon wireless banner on top is pretty distracting but not a deal breaker for me..i can live with it till a fix comes.

i do have a question though, is there any way to lock MMS on this build? all other gingerbread ROMs have this because of the overly aggressive task killer of gingerbread. i dont want to stop receiving messages! anyone know if it can be locked into memory?

another thing do any themes actually theme the pulldown notification? im not really a big fan of white i prefer dark colors

johall07

Reaction score

Use root explorer /data/data area find rom manager folder then the fix permissions file and change the permissions to 755. (Allow all) and it should work.

Is there anything else i can do to fix this problem with rom manager without downloading root explorer... i dont really want to drop 4 bucks. THanks

try to uninstall and reinstall rom manager...i usually would get this same problem if i restored it from TiBU or MIUI backup

DROOIID

Reaction score

try to uninstall and reinstall rom manager...i usually would get this same problem if i restored it from TiBU or MIUI backup

Good call, I just went in and deleted app data... then it worked like a charm.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i do have a question though, is there any way to lock MMS on this build? all other gingerbread ROMs have this because of the overly aggressive task killer of gingerbread. i dont want to stop receiving messages! anyone know if it can be locked into memory?

Are you missing text messages more so than other gingerbread roms? I haven't noticed any missing texts, but I am not a crazy texter either.

boinkman

Reaction score
Still got that dang ole data connectivity problem after receiving phone calls. I have to toggle data on/off a couple of times to get green icons back and use google apps etc.

c.r.ayala

Reaction score

Are you missing text messages more so than other gingerbread roms? I haven't noticed any missing texts, but I am not a crazy texter either.

well i havent noticed yet since i just flashed this but i wouldnt miss text messages on other ROMS mainly because i was able to lock MMS into memory under liquid settings or project elite settings. Without that safeguard there is really no way to tell if im missing text messages until someone says that they texted me back and i never got that message. i do have 2 or 3 messaging threads with no response so i guess ill ask them if they in fact did text me back to find out if all messages are coming through or not. i am a crazy texter :)