D1-Miui-1.4.29

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I have been quite happy with the performance of this MIUI the past 48 hours. Really great UI. My music apps have been getting killed easily as usual though. And now I have been getting a lot of 'freezing' with my droid. Seems to just lag up for a long time trying to figure out what to do or something, then usual FC's something.

Not sure what to do... might go back to froyo again (sad face)

bullswife98

Reaction score
Try changing out kernals. Sometimes that's the issue. Worth a shot.

Rooted,RZRecovery
Rom: D-1 Miui v1.4.29
Kernal:Corcor smrtmod,250/1100oc
customized my way!!

element192

Reaction score
Try changing out kernals. Sometimes that's the issue. Worth a shot.

Rooted,RZRecovery
Rom: D-1 Miui v1.4.29
Kernal:Corcor smrtmod,250/1100oc
customized my way!!

Do you happen to have any suggestions? How is the kernel in your signature working for you? I've had a few "hiccups" with the ROM as well.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My issues were on the stock kernel, and a few hours back I flashed a P3 1100 LV kernel and seem to be having the same junk... meh

Not that I am mad, its a constant Beta ROM so stuff is expected...

element192

Reaction score
Yeah, I was on MIUI for months and months then finally switched to UD once it was unclear who would takeover the porting. I just came back with this ROM and absolutely love the MIUI "experience" so as frustrating as it may be at times I will probably just suffer through some of the quirks. Luckily for me I don't mind the orange at all!

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
If you go to the web android market and install an app from there, the device comes up as "Verizon Phone."

Is there anyplace in the ROM where we can change that?

mrblackhp

Reaction score
N E 1 having an issue with the spell checker/suggestion thing? It doesn't seem like its working as well as it has in past versions. Not getting the obvious suggestions, not getting the number of suggestions as i did before. Letting misspellings go without correcting. N E 1?

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
Found some Chinese characters in Latitude today. Not sure what is supposed to be there. I can send a screen shot if it'll help.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
N E 1 having an issue with the spell checker/suggestion thing? It doesn't seem like its working as well as it has in past versions. Not getting the obvious suggestions, not getting the number of suggestions as i did before. Letting misspellings go without correcting. N E 1?

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, I forgot to include the LatinIME.apk from CM7. The Miui version does not include any dictionaries. You can either grab the one from CM7 or download the gingerbread keyboard from the market. Either option should get you setup. If you need details, read through this thread, several people posted step by steps.

mrblackhp

Reaction score

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, I forgot to include the LatinIME.apk from CM7. The Miui version does not include any dictionaries. You can either grab the one from CM7 or download the gingerbread keyboard from the market. Either option should get you setup. If you need details, read through this thread, several people posted step by steps.
Thanks Magiman. downloaded and works.

loudaccord

Reaction score
My issues were on the stock kernel, and a few hours back I flashed a P3 1100 LV kernel and seem to be having the same junk... meh

Aren't P3 Kernels for 2.2? or does it not matter?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Aren't P3 Kernels for 2.2? or does it not matter?

Haha. I am quite out of the loop man so I dono. Still, the kernel took fine and seemed to work so I am guessing thats fine...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I was just using navigation in my car, and my phone randomly rebooted (which tends to happen on most any gingerbread ROM I have tested) and when it started back up all of my home-screen widgets were gone. Everyone knows how annoying it can be to set up widgets again... mmmm

fox_dye

Reaction score
I got bored last night and I was a little drunk. So I decided to pull out the old D1 and flash this to it. I got to say I miss this rom so much. I wish my dx was unlocked so I could get some miui love. But at least I still got the old D1 to play with. Rom works like a charm haven't had any issues with it so far. But it is not activated so I can't report on anything that has to do with the dialer. Runs great on wifi though. Keep up the good work guys.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........