D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice job Jamez and magiman7. Trying it out now.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When the phone boots, if you let it sit for a min or so to fully load, it seems to work ok. After a little time it gets laggy. I think it is probably because the memory is getting full. I can change the build.prop to increase the vm heap, but it would probably be better if we could get compcache working. I want to see if Prime can help me get his kernel working w/ compcache on this build.

The launcher also appears to be buggy. I have been flipping back and forth with the default launcher and launcher pro. I think LP seems to be a little more stable. The default launcher seems to have issues with long pressing to go into editing mode.

We could definitely spend some time going through some logcat files to try to see what is going on, but I think a lot of it is rooted in low memory.
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Magiman7, you're probably right as GB is memory intensive to begin with. This may be tougher to get stable than previous MIUI builds for sure.

Sent from somewhere...

wakey

Reaction score
You can make compcache working by adding this lines to /etc/init.d/99complete
Code:
modprobe zram
echo 32000000 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0
This gives you a 32M compcache swap.

When the phone boots, if you let it sit for a min or so to fully load, it seems to work ok. After a little time it gets laggy. I think it is probably because the memory is getting full. I can change the build.prop to increase the vm heap, but it would probably be better if we could get compcache working. I want to see if Prime can help me get his kernel working w/ compcache on this build.

The launcher also appears to be buggy. I have been flipping back and forth with the default launcher and launcher pro. I think LP seems to be a little more stable. The default launcher seems to have issues with long pressing to go into editing mode.

We could definitely spend some time going through some logcat files to try to see what is going on, but I think a lot of it is rooted in low memory.
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can make compcache working by adding this lines to /etc/init.d/99complete
Code:
modprobe zram
echo 32000000 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0
This gives you a 32M compcache swap.

This seems to help my phone some. Setting the Launcher to run in compatibility mode (Manage applications -> All -> Launcher -> Turn on compatibility mode) seems to improve the performance as well.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Im having issues with market, if i try to download any app on 3g, it wont do it, but if i turn on wifi, it will, what could be the problem, I did wipe/data before installing, i havent installed anything, beside a theme
any help

open the downloads app and make sure it is set to download over mobile network.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Another problem. The phone doesn't seem to want to come back on if it's plugged in and the screen turns off.

no thats just a hard reboot sort of it doesnt happen all the time and is not isolated to being plugged in. but i have also seen this just pull the battery and put back in then power up. this is the first d1 miui gingerbread expect problems. lots of them.

frostthejack

Reaction score
magiman7 great job on the port not having any serious problems but there are a few broken things that im not sure are related to the build or the port of it. also was curious as to why no app tab in notification bar is that something you took out cause it wasnt working or was it not included in the milestone build

Anathema

Reaction score
Now the impatient can go back to their caves. Actually going to try this out too :)

For a day or two until they want to cry all over the forums again.

Surprised to see it up and running, I'll give it a go later today.

Anathema

Reaction score
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yeah and don't trip over and smash your face on a gingerbread cookie with miui flavor added. :)

complaing for mms **** and facebook awwww :icon_evil: who cares about those issues.

Why are they not fixed after 4+ versions of miui? It's not a lot to ask, and if I wanted a phone without Facebook integration and no mms, I'd get an iPhone 1 buddy.

Sent from my D1 running Project Elite 5.02

MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! also there is a problem across all build with problems attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN

This has been in the OP for every MIUI release for months now, it's nothing new. And since it's not a lot to ask.... then you do it. If you can't do it, then obviously is was too much to ask, wasn't it?

alias12345

Reaction score
What happened to the LEDs? Mine don't light up anymore

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

juggalo4271

Reaction score
is anyone having problems with missing texts? i know this has been a problem on GB roms for the D1. was curious if it was happening on miui. i have to say this new ui is very atrractive.

Last edited: