OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Magi man
I am stuck in a human bootloop.
You mention a version c, but the dl link is for a version b.
Did I miss the link, or are we through the looking glass, people?
Black is white
Up is down
b is c

The 'b' refers to the 2nd version that I made. The 'c' refers to the language packs by Mark at miui-dev. He came out with an updated language pack that had some some bugs and quickly came out with a third.

Sorry for the confusion. Newest D1-Miui rom is 1.4.8b. The newest language packs are EN-Pack-1.4.8c

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sadly I am going to go back to last nights MIUI Froyo nandroid. I do love the new added UI features and speed, but I am hoping for stable release with memory fixes.

The reason I went to MIUI is not only because the cool UI but because EVERY gingerbread ROM I was trying had memory issues with the D1. My biggest issue is that if i am listening to music then try going into Facebook or TV Guide or somehting the music app kills itself. This is especially annoying when using navigation driving because you get NO music... Back to froyo...

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My biggest issue is that if i am listening to music then try going into Facebook or TV Guide or somehting the music app kills itself. This is especially annoying when using navigation driving because you get NO music... Back to froyo...

Have you tried the latest CM7 with Prime's deprimed kernel? Compcache with his kernel helped a lot with this on my droid. Granted, the music quitting still happens at times, but not quite as often.

I think we droid users will ultimately have to make a choice, either stick with froyo and multitask away or upgrade with GB and accept running 1-2 things at once. I don't think we are going to be able to play music while doing memory intensive tasks (ie switch between browser and facebook)

Granted, many of the droid users are nearing the end of their 2 year contracts and could be upgrading soon.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Miui itself is based on cyan only makes since to use cyan

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
magiman7 - I completely understand. I mean I cant expect this phone to last forever, but I really have see no other issues besides a once in a blue moon reboot and the music cutting off. But for me the music thing is a huge deal because dang... I need my beats...

I have an upgrade coming at the end of the summer and either am going to upgrade them or let my sister get the freakin iPhone with my upgrade haha, im a nice bro. I hope when I upgrade i can get a real snappy QWERTY dual core with a front camera... Untill then tho I think im going back to froyo MIUI...

PARick

Reaction score
I have tried a few GB ROMs and the same issues seem to persist:

Text messages not being sent/received
Email Notifications not working
Missed calls

Has anyone experienced any of these issues with this GB?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
(i dont mean to be stupid, but will there be any final versions of froyo MIUI builds in the future, or any additions or changes to froyo MIUI? I am only asking because all I have seen are beta builds coming to the D1, and now they have moved to gingerbread)

thanks.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Icc the 3.25 was the final froyo, I believe.
Magi in your effort to clear the a < b, c question, you confused me to the point of blacking out.

So b is the ROM, c is a Huk english translation pack. Is c just within b or c exists elsewhere and must be downloaded? And if c is within b, do we need to do anything to activate it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I like to measure twice and cut once.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Sparkimus

Reaction score
B is a lot better, but still a little buggy. I had a few reboots but no force closes. Text prediction is broken as well. Good job so far!

mjh68

Reaction score
B is a lot better, but still a little buggy. I had a few reboots but no force closes. Text prediction is broken as well. Good job so far!

No force closes, but continual reboots and hard lockups when sitting idle. Unfortunately , wasn't usable on my phone. I am not sure what else I could try, I did a complete wipe and manual download of all my apps. I was at the gym playing music and it rebooted, then another time I went to wake it from sleep and was hard locked and had to do a battery pull. This was all within .. 15 minutes so I got frustrated and flashed back to UD for now.
I really like the UI improvements so hopefully the next version will be more stable for me .

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Magi in your effort to clear the a < b, c question, you confused me to the point of blacking out.

So b is the ROM, c is a Huk english translation pack. Is c just within b or c exists elsewhere and must be downloaded? And if c is within b, do we need to do anything to activate it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I like to measure twice and cut once.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Let me try this again...
Chinese devs put out Milestone 1.4.8 and Mark Huk created a translation pack were he translated everything into english.

Mark found errors in his translation pack, so he released another version of his translations (There was no new Milestone rom from Chinese devs). Mark called this updated translation pack 1.4.8b because it was his update to the translations of the Milestone 1.4.8 rom.

This updated translation pack contained more bugs, so he released another update to the translations which he called 1.4.8c. Again, this is not a new Milestone rom, still the original 1.4.8, just new set of translations.

I made a new D1-Miui rom that incorporated these newest translation packs (Mark's 1.4.8c). The rom is still based on the original Milestone 1.4.8, but ported it with a newer CM7, nightly 38. Because this was an updated D1-Miui, I called it 1.4.8b. So the new D1-Miui rom (1.4.8b) is the updated rom that I built incorporating Mark's latest translations (1.4.8c). So if you install D1-Miui 1.4.8b, you have the newest version of everything.

Does that clear things up?

DROOIID

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it has the screen on and screen off "tube tv style" animations? Also is this stable enough for a daily rom or should i wait a couple of releases?

hixie5

Reaction score
Running 1.4.8b and this is what I have done so far:

Added the compcache settings to the /etc/init.d/99complete file as stated previously in this post.

Installed VM Heap tools and increased VM Heap size.

Running Set CPU for overclocking.

With all of this, I pretty much have a usable phone. I had the download problem that cowsquad and qkpony were having as well but that was resolved with the fix that bustadroid mentioned. I have not had one force close and only 3 reboots all day (Yes, 3 reboots still seems like a lot, I know). What I have noticed though, is that all 3 reboots came after sending a text and sliding the keyboard back in and rotating the phone back to portrait; this immediately rebooted the phone all 3 times. Hope that helps anyone with debugging.

I will stick with this for awhile unless I get more issues. All in all it is MIUI, it is Gingerbread, it is sooo nice!!! :)