[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

mikey32230

Reaction score
I read about somepeople increasing Battery life by doing certain things.. Im on Gummy, and its draining my Battery much faster than CM9 i think. what can i do?
I think i was reading about governors or badass x governor or something? do those help a lot? if so what do i do to put those on my phone? Thanks

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I read about somepeople increasing Battery life by doing certain things.. Im on Gummy, and its draining my Battery much faster than CM9 i think. what can i do?
I think i was reading about governors or badass x governor or something? do those help a lot? if so what do i do to put those on my phone? Thanks

InteractiveX governor and undervolting helps tremendously.

My battery life is great on latest Gummy (previous version battery life was not good), notice the heavy GPS (navigation) usage in this sshot:

aefd6043-6d7a-7a0a.jpg

mikey32230

Reaction score

My battery life is great on latest Gummy (previous version battery life was not good), notice the heavy GPS (navigation) usage in this sshot:

aefd6043-6d7a-7a0a.jpg

So how do i put interactive x governor on? and how do i set it to undervolt? could u give instructions of how i put this stuff on my phone? can i use it with CM9 too?

blankemail

Reaction score
just installed 3/27 build, after wiping data/cache/dalvik

works awesome, love that camera and mms is fixed. not having any issues w/bluetooth or battery life, but my SD card will not mount at all. works in recovery and in my computer. weird. :frown:

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What's the deal with the "don't flash unless posted somewhere" on the system index page? Did malicious code get in somehow?

That was me getting tired of people either pulling while still uploading then QQ'ing about it or me giving stuff to a tester that isnt exactly stable. Most of the time i remove it right after they download but doesnt always happen fast enough.

kernelhappy

Reaction score
just installed 3/27 build, after wiping data/cache/dalvik

works awesome, love that camera and mms is fixed. not having any issues w/bluetooth or battery life, but my SD card will not mount at all. works in recovery and in my computer. weird. :frown:

I know you said no issues with BT, but can you confirm that BT phone calls are working properly? (No garbled audio)

Last edited:

imp3r10

Reaction score

aefd6043-6d7a-7a0a.jpg

which latest gummy are you on

JumperPunk

Reaction score
I played with the garbled phone audio issue a bit. With just a bit of poking around, it looks like it is related to the /system/lib/libmot_b*.so files. The 4/3 build includes libmot_bluetooth_jni.so and libmot_btpan_jni.so files. The stock .605 build also includes a libmot_bthid_jni.so.

When I took all 3 of these files and put them in the /system/lib folder, all the audio playback (such as music etc) worked, but it would not give me the option of disabling the phone audio in the settings. Yet, when I placed a phone call, it did not give me the option of using the bluetooth headset, only mic and speaker. When I copied only the missing file in, nothing changed from what is normal behavior for this rom. My guess is that the missing file needs to be compiled to the ICS build rather than the GB build. I thought it would be the same since it was the same kernel, but the file sizes are different, so apparently it does need to be compiled against ICS.

I've not actually done any android development before, so I may be way off on this. I have been wanting to get into it, so this may be a good excuse, but I wont have the time for it by the end of the week. Personally, this has been the only bug holding me back from using this as a daily driver (even when there were plenty of other bugs).

Well, hopefully this is useful to those who are actually doing the development for this and not distracting. If by chance I get to this before the developers do (not likely), I'll post an update.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
Runs way better now that it's based on 4.0.4, the interface is much more responsive and the screen rotation doesn't take a day and a half to switch. Great update! Can't wait for the camera issues to get corrected, then it'll be a sweet rom! Any chance we can run the Blur camera app on this build of Android or are we totally beat since there's no underlying framework for it?