[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

t.crawford714

Reaction score
Installed and running (Only about 5 minutes) I like the set up so far, hopefully it doesn't become too laggy and buggy. CM9:icon_ lala:

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay finally got gummy up and running correctly. waiting for all my apps to sync and install now. Ive noticed that the google search bar is not locked to top like in CM9 is there a setting to do this or will/can it be implemented? I really liked that feature actually.

There is a setting. Not sure exactly where it is but I have used it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lowvolt

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with bluetooth media audio cutting out?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yes, I am using OTA RootKeeper.

Last night I even RSDLite-SBF'd to 621, and upon reboot the data had not been wiped.
SBF'd three times.
Then Linux-SBF'd 604 Milestone.
Rooted It.
Still errors restoring all nandroids.

This morning I am wiping and reinstalling gummy .90 because that seems to be the only way to format /system. Reformatting the partition might be what is needed.

Howard

Yes, that solved the problem.
After installing gummy .90 and gapps,
I then successfully restored my gummy nandroid backup without any errors.

You need to remove the OTA RootKeeper SU backup (with the app) before attempting a nandroid restore. I had the same issue and ran down the problem, CWR can't wipe the file so it errors out upon a restoration attempt. A bit of future reference for next time.

Last edited:

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
When car docked and I receive a call, the dialer screen reverts back to portrait mode basically meaning I have to read the screen sideways. Is that default behavior of the ICS dialer app or what? It kinda sucks.

HowardZ

Reaction score
actually.. wait. Everyone is saying how Gummy has more customization than CM9 but is that only really due to the Launcher? or will i still have all the customization that gummy has if i switch back to the Trebuchet launcher?

Mike,

The search BUTTON does the exact same thing as the search bar on the top of every home page in CM9.

Personally, I deleted the search bar as being a waste of valuable home page space and redundant to the search button.

But everyone has their preferences.

Howard

HowardZ

Reaction score
You need to remove the OTA RootKeeper SU backup (with the app) before attempting a nandroid restore. I had the same issue and ran down the problem, CWR can't wipe the file so it errors out upon a restoration attempt. A bit of future reference for next time.

Thanks Prime,

I'm learning some things the hard way :icon_eek:

yusky03

Reaction score
No matter how many times I wipe and install the latest build (27th) will not sync my calendar. It does not show up in the list of things being synced. I also tried to remove the account and sign in for the first time through the calendar and it gives me a notification saying there was an error signing in but everything works but the calendar. The last build (19th) works just fine. I also had to wipe data and cache to keep it from doing constant reboots with the latest build (27th).

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thanks Prime,

I'm learning some things the hard way :icon_eek:

No problem.

I learned the hard way also, had to SBF before I was able to check the CWR log as /system gets partially wiped leaving you in an unbootable state.

wallowinginfun

Reaction score
Are there any plans to include the CM9 music app? I'd install it myself, but I'm not really all that keen on messing with things at that level. Just curious.

Last edited:

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with bluetooth media audio cutting out?

I have not had that with BT Audio, but the BT phone was screwed up in the 3/24 build, I don't see a mention in the 3/27 build about it being fixed.

I have noticed one two possible problems with BT audio problem.

1) Remote pause/play is not working at all (although I have Apollo/CM9 music installed).
2) I have the BT phone profile disabled so it only connects BT Audio. When I shut the car (2012 Hyundai Sonata with factory radio) and pull the phone from the cradle, sometimes the music will start playing about 30-60 seconds later.

Sadly I think I'm abandoning my DX (just picked up a Razr cheap), but my wife is going on CM9 as soon as BT phone works and I can reproduce it there if need be.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
I just ended up restoring my Liberty 2.3 backup. I love the interface and speed of ICS, but this CM9 beta is just a little too buggy for daily use. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this thread though and flash again once more progress is made. Keep up the good work!

wallowinginfun

Reaction score
Is anyone else not having the Play Store install apps to their device when instructed to from the web interface? After putting the CM9 music app in the system apps folder with File Expert, I haven't been able to get it to work even after restoring a backup from this morning. It makes me think it's a problem with the ROM that I just didn't notice previously.

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
I just ended up restoring my Liberty 2.3 backup. I love the interface and speed of ICS, but this CM9 beta is just a little too buggy for daily use. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this thread though and flash again once more progress is made. Keep up the good work!

You should check out gummy, its pretty stable

BAD ASS X

Jaredh.d2012

Reaction score
What's the deal with the "don't flash unless posted somewhere" on the system index page? Did malicious code get in somehow?