[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

Wicked0ne

Reaction score
So i decided to try the cm9 beta and i followed all the steps listed(wipe data/cache) then flashed the rom....but no matter what i do it just gets stuck at the moto logo and does nothing. Ive tried rewiping cache/data in recovery mode with no luck. I originally flashed from a cm7 nightly(139 iirc) and i got this issue so i had to sbf back to stock. After rerooting and flashing again(also double checked the md5's this time) and once again my phone will not boot past the moto logo on cm9 beta. Am i missing something here? Everyone else seems to have this working...or at least booting. I followed these directions to sbf/reroot. Motorola Droid 2: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki ...id love to get cm9 working if anyone has any ideas/suggestions.

*UPDATE* im an idiot and was not doing the OTA update to GB. SBF -> ota update -> root -> flash cm9 seems to work

luckyj

Reaction score
Just loaded the 4/24 build. Was using the cm7-gb mod previously. So far, it's running well. After seeing all the battery life complaints, I was expecting the worst. After a day of light use, it's at 73%...not bad.

eoraptor

Reaction score
Downloading now... Just got done playing with LiquidSmooth 3.6, which was nice, but I was desperately waiting to get ICS, so I'm glad I broke down and did one more good search without the word Global in it... will let you know what my old A955 finds.

eoraptor

Reaction score
Alrighty, got a bug to report...
on the 4.24 build... if I change the cellular network type or try to force the phone to use only 2g, it causes Android.phone to crash, and immediately be relaunched and crash again in a loop.

Other than that, and the aforementioned horrendous battery life (which i was trying to fix when I discovered the issue) I love it.

ZeroUnderOne

Reaction score
Video playback is choppy for vids on sd card. Youtube works great for me. Is there a fix for the I missed in the last few pages? Other than that I love everything about it.

Cheers

rgschaef

Reaction score
Also stuck at the M logo...

I have this problem as well on my Droid 2 (non-global); I saw the above user's post, but I don't understand his fix - did he update after sbf-ing? To what version? I SBF'd back to 2.3.20 (I think that's right - the one on the Cmod 7 install wiki), bootstrapped, booted to CWM, factory/cache wipe, and then installed from zip. I used the second most recent build, 6/2 I believe. Upon reboot - silver M logo. I tried this a while back with a February build and got the same thing - surely there's something obvious I'm missing here? I've installed cmod7/liberty3 before and code Java 40 hours a week, so this is somewhat frustrating for me.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have this problem as well on my Droid 2 (non-global); I saw the above user's post, but I don't understand his fix - did he update after sbf-ing? To what version? I SBF'd back to 2.3.20 (I think that's right - the one on the Cmod 7 install wiki), bootstrapped, booted to CWM, factory/cache wipe, and then installed from zip. I used the second most recent build, 6/2 I believe. Upon reboot - silver M logo. I tried this a while back with a February build and got the same thing - surely there's something obvious I'm missing here? I've installed cmod7/liberty3 before and code Java 40 hours a week, so this is somewhat frustrating for me.

Update to GB first.... CM7 (except for the official builds) has been based on GB kernel since August or so?

rgschaef

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Genuinely surprised I couldn't find that information on my own! After I flash the sbf, will it actually boot on a droid 2? Do I need to root it from there? Oneclick-able or go the adb route?

rgschaef

Reaction score
Good guides, but no need. The gingerbread sbf was really the missing link here, thanks for the link. There are other threads that have multiple users agreeing that there is no GB sbf for droid 2... very misleading. I don't really see too many other people making the same mistake as me, but it might not be a bad idea idea to make a note somewhere.

On another note, awesome rom - was fearing the worst from battery life, but I'm finding it's actually quite acceptable. Main thing I wish I could do is remove/resize the shortcut bar on the homescreen.

havens1515

Reaction score
Good guides, but no need. The gingerbread sbf was really the missing link here, thanks for the link. There are other threads that have multiple users agreeing that there is no GB sbf for droid 2... very misleading. I don't really see too many other people making the same mistake as me, but it might not be a bad idea idea to make a note somewhere.

On another note, awesome rom - was fearing the worst from battery life, but I'm finding it's actually quite acceptable. Main thing I wish I could do is remove/resize the shortcut bar on the homescreen.

There is a D2 GB sbf... it's in my signature.

v941726

Reaction score
can someone tell me what radio to use asap with the ics version of cm9 please. keep getting unknown baseband and no signal