[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

CyanogenMod 9 for D2

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if your phone randomly bursts into flames, starts howling like a wookie, or does anything else weird.

Screenshot_2012-04-03-11-13-57.png
Screenshot_2012-04-03-11-14-17.png
What works/doesn't work:
I have no idea what does not work at this point. Most everything does work though. If you need to know what doesn't then look through the last few pages of this thread or this thread.

READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. CHANCES ARE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED.
Downloads
Builds are spread out over several different locations and the one here may not always be the latest.

http://synibox.info/synik4l/x13thangelx/D2/CM9-D2-08192012.zip
a8f61fcff79a5fa2f362b045d8034150

Gapps:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use latest ICS if using these)

Other builds:
[D2/D2G/DX] CM9 Build Thread - may have newer builds or may not. Will often have the same build as above
http://synibox.info/...x13thangelx/D2/ (Only up to 4/24 and after 8/19)

Credits:
Entire CyanogenMod team
Bikedude880 - Base d2g repo that much of this is based off of
Hashcode - frameworks and several other things
JackpotClavin - First got data on the Droid Pro which got me to start work on this.
CyanogenDefy team
Jonman409

Install instructions:
Boot into CWM recovery
wipe data/factory reset
Flash CM9-D2-<date>.zip
Flash Gapps
Reboot

There will be no changelog anymore. This is mostly because there are very minor changes between builds now. If you want one then look at the github commit logs.

Source: https://github.com/CM9-D2G (source for DX/D2/D2G/ and DPro)

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Confirmed on D2G (what i use as my daily driver) and D2 is confirmed to boot on my second D2G but thats it so far....

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a note as most people will at least read through the first page before flashing:

For whatever reason this doesn't play nicely when coming from MIUI. Seems best to go into advanced and format then mount system before trying the install. I've had to SBF otherwise.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Wow, awesome. It runs really well. Thanks! I've been waiting for this for a while.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
As soon as some of the other launchers become updated for this it will be great. Thanks for the hard work you guys have put in.

Abs

Reaction score
Based off of Gingerbread or FroYo kernal?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Abs

Reaction score
This ROM is AWESOME!!! I'm so happy that the D2 is getting some ICS love. Props to you 13th Angel for coming through for us.
One question though:

I currently am not getting 3G service. My texts and calls are going through just fine although I can't use data. I see up top that the radio is confirmed to be working for data. Do you think a reflash would help anything?

EDIT:

I misread the top... you're asking for us to confirm that those things are working. I have found everything to be working except for data. Anyone else had any trouble?

fishaholic

Reaction score
so i installed wiping data and cache in CW and in factory recovery..... awaiting !st boot now, ill post details as to how everything works tomorrow :)

fishaholic

Reaction score
keyboard backlight and hard buttons dont light up.... is there a fix or setting i should try?

Abs

Reaction score
I tried reprogramming and got nowhere. I trying reflashing without wiping data and I still don't have any 3G. Is anyone else having this problem or is it specific to my device? If so.. I might try flashing a different ROM temporarily and seeing if it gets fixed

Sent from my Droid2 using DroidForums