[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by 13th angel, Feb 19, 2012.

1. DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy New Member

thank you yet again for this!

I do not fully understand how or why but on this latest buils, all my market apps are restoring automatically, hopefully this will help with the previous TiBu issues I had with faulty restored data/apps.

When I first turned on and tried to sync my acct it took a few tries, it seems to respond much easier via android keyboard in portrait, the actual qwerty kept freezing for me.

update:

Man I don't understand what I am doing wrong then, if everyone else doesn't have repeated FC and srs lag/random reboots. I flashed latest build, wiped data and everything, did not use TiBu, let every app update from the market, and still this thing is not usable as a daily for me.

In my noobishness I thought that since this was based on GB that I could use JBM and all would be right in the world... flashing JBM 18 or 19e results in lots of drama, more FC's etc. It still booted and ran (somewhat) but I was unable to overclock or undervolt, or get a diff gov to stick. I tried jrummy's overclock app too, first time using it since froyo I believe, and that was unable to overclock/undervolt or change get gov to stick either... would love to be able to help in any way I can to get this to work but for the next 24 hrs I need to retreat to cm7 [​IMG]
  2. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

Yay! They fixed my 103% battery!

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9
  3. loki993

loki993 New Member

Ok so I just flashed and I get the google screen and then nothing, no blue light. How do I get back into recovery?
  4. DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy New Member

if you are unable to get to reg your google acct, I would suggest booting into stock recovery ( hold "x" when turning on) and trying to wipe data in hopes that the flash went ok, and you will be able to try again, this is why I always enable boot to recovry from JBM, because in these situations it can really help!

I guess worse case scenario if you can't get into cwm @ all you could just SBF :(
  5. loki993

loki993 New Member

Yeah that didn't work. Had to SBF and all is fine now. It probably needed it anyway so no big deal.

Whats JBM?
  6. joeblow789

joeblow789 Member

Jakebitesmods, a collection of bundled tweaks, flashable through Clockworkmod, configurable through Terminal. There are many different versions for different phones, I'd suggest checking rootzwiki to see if one is compatible with this ROM.
  7. T3viin

T3viin New Member

I absoulutly Love it. :).
    It runs much smoother with out the appeared taps or touches if enabled.
    With no camera thres no camera plus the movie app with cause a reboot when u make a new project.
    My 3G Works fine even better then before if u ask me.
    Would Liike to know if theres a kernal with this so I may use Andriod overclock to get some juice left in this..
    Youtube Widget likes to lag.
    I just plugged my phone for usb storage to transfer some tones in. I tranfered but after i took the cord out it lagged, then rebooted.
    Honestly other then the camera not working its a great start and proof that ICS can run fine on droid 2 ._.
    God Its so beautiful... lol
    Live wallpapers are fine.ther than that,thats all i have for now since i flashed it about maybr 4 hours ago. will come back with more info on batttery accuratly later
  8. loki993

loki993 New Member

Yes Im familiar, I guess I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. I've used it before but for whatever reason my phone seems to hate it. It always runs worse when I flash it.
  9. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

New build in OP.

Should have working charge only mode and FM radio. Please confirm that FM works. Dont my D2G doesnt have the fm radio in it and X wont be here until Monday or Tuesday.
  10. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

OK I'll test

11. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow New Member

This rom is badass!!!
    Sweet to have ics on my droid r2d2
    So far its good enough to be my daily rom
  12. T3viin

T3viin New Member

Awesome yo. I wasnt sure at first before i flashed if it worked for just D2G or R2 But Ive got the D2 an dits been working fine. I've noticed also that it reboots after doing somethings i guess i had to change a few setting. Can't wait for camera to work.. Ill test out the new build. but I'd definitly work on battery life. id say i drop by 1% increments every 4-7 minutes. i usually only text and listen to music. 3g off unless i need to see pics in messaging. and wifi is mostly used for me..
  13. CrimsonCatalyst

CrimsonCatalyst New Member

Alright I have a potentially dumb question. What makes it so that the camera might take a long time to fix or might never work?
  14. T3viin

T3viin New Member

No Dumb Question here sir. But its usually the compatibliity of the apk an the rom im guessing. or the version of the rom and the apk outdatedness to it. or the actual hardware of the camera im not entirely sure. hopefully 13th angel can clear that but im just giving an honest guess.
  15. CrimsonCatalyst

CrimsonCatalyst New Member

Thanks T3viin. If it is apk related, I was on xda earlier and there was a tool to help troubleshoot problem ICS apk's.

[HOW TO] Compile/Decompile ICS Apk easily|100% working - xda-developers

But, my guess is that it probably wont solve the issues with it. Regardless, this rom is pretty awesome. I ran it for a few days and it only rebooted a handful of times during that period. However, it can't really be a permanent daily driver for me yet.
  16. brad92

brad92 New Member

Its not as much as an apk problem as it is a driver problem. As I understand it, Motorola has proprietary hardware drivers and since the X won't be getting ICS, there are no drivers for it. If we had unlocked boot loaders, this wouldn't be so hard to hack

CM9
  17. T3viin

T3viin New Member

Woot I was close :p. btw scratch the last comment before about the battery life. iI guess on this rom wifi takes up a bit more battery than usual. 3g as usual does as well but alot more than wifi of course.
  18. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow New Member

Before this i was running liberty 3 v2.0, it ran pretty good but lately its been rebooting alot and seems that my 3g wasnt all that great, but battery life was awesome(even though it would always jump from 30% straight to 20%).
    But so far with this rom i have no complaints other than not having my camera working.
    Im running today's build of cm9 2-24

Now quick question: Where can i get themes from?
  19. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

Themes are not supported yet!

20. Narley720

Narley720 New Member

First off I wanted to say thanks to 13th Angel for all the hard work he's put in to this ROM. I've been wanting this for a while now and It's great that there's a working version out there.

There was one issue that I have been having since I flashed cyanogenmod 9 on my droid 2. I'm not sure if this is due to the ROM itself, or just some of the settings have been changed or what, but it seems as though I'm not able to get my text messages or e-mails pushed to my phone right away. I know my stock droid was able to notify me almost instantaneously when I had an incoming message. However, now it seems like I don't get texts or e-mails until a few hours have passed. I was trying to look through all the settings and still haven't found a way to change this. If anybody could please help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Search tags for this page
cm9-d2-08192012.zip

cyanogenmod 9 droid 2

cyanogenmod 9 droid charge

cyanogenmod 9 htc thunderbolt
cyanogenmod centura
cyanogenmod for centura
cyanogenmod for samsung centura
cyanogenmod galaxy centura
galaxy centura cyanogenmod
htc thunderbolt cyanogenmod 9
thunderbolt cyanogenmod 9