[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

fshgrind

Reaction score
Kind of new to all this. I want to stay on cm9. Any way to get better battery life? Ifi had to switch roms, which one would u prefer for battery life? Also do I just boot to recovery and flash ROM or do i have to do something special since I'm on 621? Thankd

volfan537240

Reaction score
wifi stays on for me and will not stay off. i turn it off and it turns right back on. i searched for this problem and didnt see any info on it anywhere.

killrroyale

Reaction score
Only thing I'm having a problem with is Google plus. It keeps crashing will not open if ne1 has a fix please let me know. Thanks.

lfd1351

Reaction score
Install 09/27/2012

Installed runs and works flawlessly on the .621 update rooted with .15p base band. Only issues are the known ones like camcorder. but other then that great great rom can't wait to see more updates.

lfd1351

Reaction score
Only thing I'm having a problem with is Google plus. It keeps crashing will not open if ne1 has a fix please let me know. Thanks.

i had same issue make sure you are doing the IC Gapps and not GB. Reinstall GAPPS, wipe cache after install load up accept terms then restart phone right after should work w/o and issue.

lfd1351

Reaction score
wifi stays on for me and will not stay off. i turn it off and it turns right back on. i searched for this problem and didnt see any info on it anywhere.

The way i fixed it was a created to profiles in the settings one that had all the settings i want normally enabled and one with wifi set as disabled for some reason switching profiles leaves the wifi off. Hopefully that helps

I have done that I have 4-29 ics gaps but still having issue

You got me stumped atm I'll keep looking around to see if I can find anything on it. Try maybe rolling back to the 4/22 update then letting google update the apps for you. Did you flash over a diffrent rom to upgrade? If so which one? I noticed that with Titanum backup and data restore I had an issue and just had to reinstall all apps from scratch.

killrroyale

Reaction score
I was on 605 when I flashed cm9. Never updated to 621 ever. I'm thinking of trying the roll back I'll let u know how that ends up. Thanks for the info. And this rom is so sweet I've even donated to the developers.

killrroyale

Reaction score
Ok I found a fix it seems to b working I flashed to 4-22 then tried to dl Google plus "fail" ok so I looked for the latest version 3.1.1on 4 shared found the apk. Installed and it seems to b working so far.

lfd1351

Reaction score
Ok I found a fix it seems to b working I flashed to 4-22 then tried to dl Google plus "fail" ok so I looked for the latest version 3.1.1on 4 shared found the apk. Installed and it seems to b working so far.

hey glad you got it working. This is an awesome rom it has put new faith in my droidx.

TinCanFury

Reaction score
just finished installing 08192012, so far runs quite nicely.

I haven't been able to get Spotify to log in however, has anyone else running CM9 had this issue?

rcglider

Reaction score
I've been running Liberty 3 2.0 on .605, thinking of trying something new, but it's been a long time since playing with this stuff, probably need a refresher.

What the pros and cons of the various roms including CM9? Can CM9 be installed over my current build?

Thanks.

TinCanFury

Reaction score
just finished installing 08192012, so far runs quite nicely.

I haven't been able to get Spotify to log in however, has anyone else running CM9 had this issue?

nevermind, I cleared my previous data and tried logging in again and it worked fine.

now I'm having some "authentication errors" with my home wifi which is kind of annoying.

TinCanFury

Reaction score
WiFi WPA2 Authentication error on one network, works fine on another...

My WPA2 network at work is fine, the network at home gets the "authentication error".

Both are set up the same and work for all other devices, the only difference I can tell between the two is that one is an all numeric password(the one at home that doesn't work), and the one at work is all letters(and works fine).

is there some other level of debugging I can do to try and figure out why one works and the other does not?