[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

T3viin

Reaction score
This rom is badass!!!
Sweet to have ics on my droid r2d2
So far its good enough to be my daily rom

Awesome yo. I wasnt sure at first before i flashed if it worked for just D2G or R2 But Ive got the D2 an dits been working fine. I've noticed also that it reboots after doing somethings i guess i had to change a few setting. Can't wait for camera to work.. Ill test out the new build. but I'd definitly work on battery life. id say i drop by 1% increments every 4-7 minutes. i usually only text and listen to music. 3g off unless i need to see pics in messaging. and wifi is mostly used for me..

CrimsonCatalyst

Reaction score
Alright I have a potentially dumb question. What makes it so that the camera might take a long time to fix or might never work?

T3viin

Reaction score
No Dumb Question here sir. But its usually the compatibliity of the apk an the rom im guessing. or the version of the rom and the apk outdatedness to it. or the actual hardware of the camera im not entirely sure. hopefully 13th angel can clear that but im just giving an honest guess.

CrimsonCatalyst

Reaction score
Thanks T3viin. If it is apk related, I was on xda earlier and there was a tool to help troubleshoot problem ICS apk's.

[HOW TO] Compile/Decompile ICS Apk easily|100% working - xda-developers

But, my guess is that it probably wont solve the issues with it. Regardless, this rom is pretty awesome. I ran it for a few days and it only rebooted a handful of times during that period. However, it can't really be a permanent daily driver for me yet.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not as much as an apk problem as it is a driver problem. As I understand it, Motorola has proprietary hardware drivers and since the X won't be getting ICS, there are no drivers for it. If we had unlocked boot loaders, this wouldn't be so hard to hack

CM9

T3viin

Reaction score
Woot I was close :p. btw scratch the last comment before about the battery life. iI guess on this rom wifi takes up a bit more battery than usual. 3g as usual does as well but alot more than wifi of course.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Awesome yo. I wasnt sure at first before i flashed if it worked for just D2G or R2 But Ive got the D2 an dits been working fine. I've noticed also that it reboots after doing somethings i guess i had to change a few setting. Can't wait for camera to work.. Ill test out the new build. but I'd definitly work on battery life. id say i drop by 1% increments every 4-7 minutes. i usually only text and listen to music. 3g off unless i need to see pics in messaging. and wifi is mostly used for me..
Before this i was running liberty 3 v2.0, it ran pretty good but lately its been rebooting alot and seems that my 3g wasnt all that great, but battery life was awesome(even though it would always jump from 30% straight to 20%).
But so far with this rom i have no complaints other than not having my camera working.
Im running today's build of cm9 2-24

Now quick question: Where can i get themes from?

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Before this i was running liberty 3 v2.0, it ran pretty good but lately its been rebooting alot and seems that my 3g wasnt all that great, but battery life was awesome(even though it would always jump from 30% straight to 20%).
But so far with this rom i have no complaints other than not having my camera working.
Im running today's build of cm9 2-24

Now quick question: Where can i get themes from?

Themes are not supported yet!

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

Narley720

Reaction score
First off I wanted to say thanks to 13th Angel for all the hard work he's put in to this ROM. I've been wanting this for a while now and It's great that there's a working version out there.

There was one issue that I have been having since I flashed cyanogenmod 9 on my droid 2. I'm not sure if this is due to the ROM itself, or just some of the settings have been changed or what, but it seems as though I'm not able to get my text messages or e-mails pushed to my phone right away. I know my stock droid was able to notify me almost instantaneously when I had an incoming message. However, now it seems like I don't get texts or e-mails until a few hours have passed. I was trying to look through all the settings and still haven't found a way to change this. If anybody could please help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I just noticed something strange. When I'm using poweramp and I lock my screen with the music playing it makes the screen turn off right away when I try to unlock my phone. But as soon as I unplug my headphones(which makes the music stop playing) I can unlock it.

*Edit*
I think it had something to do with the widget, I removed it and everything seems to be working fine.
Sent from my Droid R2D2 running Cm9

mlb917

Reaction score
Thought Id add that the "portable wifi hotspot" will not engage...so I used one from market with no issues(Open Garden). Running this through the gambit daily. Awesome Job to all involved in making this possible.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Battery level is having some major issues. Dropping 10% or more per hour. When I closed out CM9 I was at 23%, when I reflashed Galnet MIUI I was at 73%. Something is off.