[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

lankya

Reaction score
Here's a detailed walkthrough on how to install CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid X

4. Download the Droid 2 Bootstrapper and ROM Manager from the Market. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery in ROM Manager and then Bootstrap Recovery in Droid 2 Bootstrapper.

5. Press Reboot Recovery in Droid 2 Bootstrapper to reboot to CWM Recovery.

I had to use the DROID 2 BOOTSRAPPER to get this to work on my Droid X. I tried using the droid x bootstrapper and it would reboot to the Red M then it would go to a black screen and sit there. Then I used the Droid 2 bootsrapper and I got it to work. Thanks!

leftspin

Reaction score
I had to use the DROID 2 BOOTSRAPPER to get this to work on my Droid X. I tried using the droid x bootstrapper and it would reboot to the Red M then it would go to a black screen and sit there. Then I used the Droid 2 bootsrapper and I got it to work. Thanks!

No problem. It's an issue with Gingerbread and USB Debugging. If you want to use the Droid X Bootstrapper in the future you can turn off USB Debugging and it should work,

lambo4dx

Reaction score
ICS_MOTO_4.0.4_GAPPS_03_13_2012 is what I flashed and it worked fine first try.

Yeah the MOTO gapps should work just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Well guys, I just got back from the Verizon Store. They hesitantly threw my battery into a Droid X that they had lying around. Now, a full day later and after sbfing, rooting, flashing rom, and flashing the moto gapps for the first time, I've got everything up and running very smoothly. Thanks everyone for making this rom possible. I love the community lol.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
Glad you got it working!

Okay, so I know it's pretty unimportant to most, but I found an issue with Facebook on this rom. I can upload photos to Facebook from the gallery, but if I try to upload them from the Facebook app itself so I can select a gallery, tag, etc... it bombs out. The upload will get to 100% and then fail for some reason.

HowardZ

Reaction score
This evening I had the strangest thing happen.

Every single nandroid backup I have can not be restored.
Always an error restoring /system

very strange.

Howard

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

very strange.

Howard

Ya... I've had that happen before... I ended up going to advanced restore... And just restoring things individually

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

very strange.

Howard

Are you using OTA RootKeeper?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HowardZ

Reaction score
Are you using OTA RootKeeper?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, I am using OTA RootKeeper.

Last night I even RSDLite-SBF'd to 621, and upon reboot the data had not been wiped.
SBF'd three times.
Then Linux-SBF'd 604 Milestone.
Rooted It.
Still errors restoring all nandroids.

This morning I am wiping and reinstalling gummy .90 because that seems to be the only way to format /system. Reformatting the partition might be what is needed.

Howard

Yes, that solved the problem.
After installing gummy .90 and gapps,
I then successfully restored my gummy nandroid backup without any errors.

Last edited:

HowardZ

Reaction score
There is an update for APEX.
I took it and now APEX dies immediately after every reboot (of gummy .90)

I did a nandroid restore of my gummy system,
but before I can log in, it automatically updated to the new version
of APEX which will not work.
I can't seem to log in quick enough to turn off the auto-updating setting.

Howard

OK, just needed to do it out of wifi range.

Last edited:

mikey32230

Reaction score
Okay finally got gummy up and running correctly. waiting for all my apps to sync and install now. Ive noticed that the google search bar is not locked to top like in CM9 is there a setting to do this or will/can it be implemented? I really liked that feature actually.

leftspin

Reaction score
Okay finally got gummy up and running correctly. waiting for all my apps to sync and install now. Ive noticed that the google search bar is not locked to top like in CM9 is there a setting to do this or will/can it be implemented? I really liked that feature actually.

CM9 uses Trebuchet launcher, Gummy uses Apex. If you install Trebuchet you can get that back

mikey32230

Reaction score
actually.. wait. Everyone is saying how Gummy has more customization than CM9 but is that only really due to the Launcher? or will i still have all the customization that gummy has if i switch back to the Trebuchet launcher?

leftspin

Reaction score
actually.. wait. Everyone is saying how Gummy has more customization than CM9 but is that only really due to the Launcher? or will i still have all the customization that gummy has if i switch back to the Trebuchet launcher?

You'll still have the Gummy Settings in the settings menu to customize with but if Apex has more customization options than Trebuchet then yes you will lose some customizability. Personally I haven't used Apex or Trebuchet extensively enough to say. You can grab Trebuchet from xda [Android 4.0.1+] Trebuchet (CM9) Launcher - xda-developers