[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

mikey4226

Reaction score
So how do i put interactive x governor on? and how do i set it to undervolt? could u give instructions of how i put this stuff on my phone? can i use it with CM9 too?

I would also love to know what/how to change the governor and voltage settings to improve battery life. That is the one thing holding me back from using ICS as a daily. Thanks!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I would also love to know what/how to change the governor and voltage settings to improve battery life. That is the one thing holding me back from using ICS as a daily. Thanks!

Easiest way is flash Jakebites Mods then run the command modcentral in a su terminal and use the menus to set various options.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
Anybody else having charging issues? Sometimes my phone won't charge via USB or via my car dock. It says it's charging, but the battery % keeps going down instead of up.

Jaredh.d2012

Reaction score
Anybody else having charging issues? Sometimes my phone won't charge via USB or via my car dock. It says it's charging, but the battery % keeps going down instead of up.
I have the same issue when charging via USB. I don't have a car dock but my car charger charges it just as fast as the wall charger does. One thing that I noticed is if I plug in the phone to USB, unplug and plug it back in the phone charges.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
Okay, so it's not just me. Sometimes I have to unplug/plug the USB to get it to allow me to mount the sdcard too.

killrroyale

Reaction score
the usb charge does the same thing for me too.. can anyone direct me on how to link my FB contacts and pics. im having a heck of a time trying to get all my contacts back through google. i did get most of them.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
To sync FB contacts with Android 4.0 you have to use a 3rd party app since FB and Google disagree on contact syncing I guess. I used HaxSync, worked even better than FB's contact sync actually.

killrroyale

Reaction score
To sync FB contacts with Android 4.0 you have to use a 3rd party app since FB and Google disagree on contact syncing I guess. I used HaxSync, worked even better than FB's contact sync actually.
thanks ill look for it in the market.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
So back to Jakebites and the governers, do I just flash the GB ones that were posted earlier in this thread or what?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody have signal issues with CM9/Gummy? I went back to GB because my phone was mostly in 1X unless I was in a really strong area.

X

killrroyale

Reaction score
If u used to have a altell service. U may need vzw to send u a tower update not just the *228 .

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, I've always been Verizon. I've been running this and Gummy off and on since February and noticed it.

X

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hahahahaha! Sure can't! It was bootloop city, I had to SBF!

Actually I did flash the one listed here and it works fine. But there is an ICS specific version in the JMod thread although I haven't tried it.

The mod activates interactiveX by default and it shouldn't do that without being able to test first.

I extracted the overclock/interactiveX modules and run the following script with scripter (works without worrying about a random bootloop):

-------------code--------------

#!/system/bin/sh

# Set variables:
doFreq=4
doSleep=1
doOverclock=1
LOG_FILE=/mnt/sdcard/CM7D2GB.log
sleepTime=5s
Caddress=`busybox grep -m 1 " T omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table" /proc/kallsyms | busybox cut -d ' ' -f1`
Saddress=`busybox grep -m 1 " t cpufreq_stats_update" /proc/kallsyms | busybox cut -d ' ' -f1`

# Check if module is there and overclock on boot is enabled:
if busybox [ -e /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko -a $doOverclock -eq 1 ]; then

# Load the module
insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr=0x$Caddress
echo 0x$Saddress > /proc/overclock/cpufreq_stats_update_addr

# Wait for the system to be sane:
if busybox [ $doSleep -eq 1 ]; then
sleep $sleepTime
fi

# Make sure the module loaded:
if busybox [ -d /proc/overclock ]; then
echo 60 > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo 1200000 > /proc/overclock/max_rate
echo 1 300000000 20 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 2 600000000 30 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 3 800000000 40 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps