CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

jman09

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't know why I missed that before. Subtitles would have told me it was going back..

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
it should be an .apk your browser changed it to php on download. Rename to .apk and move it to /system/app or /data/app, change permissions (if needed) to 466, good to go

this worked...thank you very much

smomandroid

Reaction score
I am running 5.0.6.1 and it is fast...no this is coming from BD's 10. I installed smoked glass and it worked but my phone now said I was on an older version and I had to re update to 5.0.6.1...I am assuming it was due to the theme not being ready for this update?

Smoman

are you saying UD is fast or cyanogen is fast?

I am saying Cyanogenmods is fast...and running much smoother than v10 I had installed.

Smoman

smomandroid

Reaction score
I am running 5.0.6.1 and it is fast...no this is coming from BD's 10. I installed smoked glass and it worked but my phone now said I was on an older version and I had to re update to 5.0.6.1...I am assuming it was due to the theme not being ready for this update?

Smoman

Smoked glass 1.4.1 working on 5.0.6.1?
I installed the one one on Rom Manager and it flashed me back to 5.0.5.7.
I reinstalled 5.0.6 and downloaded the theme from http://thekilpatrickproject.com/downloads/Smoked Glass-Esque/Smoked_Glass-Esque_v1.4.1.zip
to my SD. I then used install rom from SD in Rom Manager, leaving wipe data unchecked, reboot, and yay new theme....

I think the one on Rom Manager is a complete ROM, not just the theme. I had to download the theme only from the above link to get it to work on 5.0.6...

Duh....I feel dumb....right on and thank for the response.

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I'm having issues dl CM 5.0.6.1. Rom Manager takes forever to dl and then it aborts instalation cause the zip file is bad. When I dl the update.zip file on my comp it's taking over an hour to dl. I have never had any problems with dl a rom. This sucks.

I think our download links are getting completely hammered. Please be patient while I bring up a few more mirrors.

Thanks for responding :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Smoman

are you saying UD is fast or cyanogen is fast?

I am saying Cyanogenmods is fast...and running much smoother than v10 I had installed.

Smoman

I don't want to get too much into a UD/Cyano compare, for obvious reasons, but I had a lot of bugginess, FC, etc. on the few UD10 installs I tried. Whereas CM 5057 is rock solid, a few quirks initially but now running with ZERO issues for me.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and tried CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 with the nextheme and love it....I am using p3 1ghz.

I don't want to upgrade to 5.0.6.1 until the nextheme is available for it (yes I realy like that theme).

Any ETA for Nextheme support?

sincal

Reaction score
Tsitalon1... you like the nextheme? I have yet to try it. Do you have screen shots?

smomandroid

Reaction score

Smoman

I installed the one one on Rom Manager and it flashed me back to 5.0.5.7.
I reinstalled 5.0.6 and downloaded the theme from http://thekilpatrickproject.com/downloads/Smoked%20Glass-Esque/Smoked_Glass-Esque_v1.4.1.zip
to my SD. I then used install rom from SD in Rom Manager, leaving wipe data unchecked, reboot, and yay new theme....

I think the one on Rom Manager is a complete ROM, not just the theme. I had to download the theme only from the above link to get it to work on 5.0.6...

I had the same problem, It flashed me backwards. I am going to try from the link now and upgrade to the 5.0.6.1

I just reinstalled from the link, about 9meg file...and it is making RM think I am on an older version than 5.0.6.1....should I keep running it or put 5.0.6.1 back on and forget about smoked glass for now.

smoman

mph122074

Reaction score
Quick question, Is anyone else having a problem with the browser?. Almost everytime I open it about 3 minutes later it closes by itself without a FC notice, and goes right to my home screen? My phone has done this on Google Maps as well. I deleted cache and wiped before flash and all. Havent had this problem before this rom. Can someone shed some light?

I believe this is due to the kernal you are using...i had the same problem when running a 1.2 kernal so i had to go back to a 1.1...and now all is well...

sincal

Reaction score
Quick question, Is anyone else having a problem with the browser?. Almost everytime I open it about 3 minutes later it closes by itself without a FC notice, and goes right to my home screen? My phone has done this on Google Maps as well. I deleted cache and wiped before flash and all. Havent had this problem before this rom. Can someone shed some light?

I believe this is due to the kernal you are using...i had the same problem when running a 1.2 kernal so i had to go back to a 1.1...and now all is well...

I thought this as well so I switched to the 1.1 then the 1.0 kernal and am still having the issue. You think my phone can not handle 1.0 and abouve? if so my phone is lame..lol