CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

neoj2

Reaction score
im getting some weird error. it says error in sdcard/update-cm-5.0.6-N1-signed.zip
(status 0)
installation aborted
prob wrong download. i only see updates. where is the whole rom?

nevermind just saw previous post

windexh8er

Reaction score
Maybe I need a little more coffee today - but I just upgraded from 5.0.5.4 to 5.0.6.1 and am a little confused about the launcher. I'm not too concerned about going from 7 screens to 5, but how do I get back the sticky launch buttons on the bottom row? Now there's the buttons to move from screen to screen in the lower left and right and, well, those are just more annoying than anything.

TIA!

Other than that fabulous ROM. :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need a little more coffee today - but I just upgraded from 5.0.5.4 to 5.0.6.1 and am a little confused about the launcher. I'm not too concerned about going from 7 screens to 5, but how do I get back the sticky launch buttons on the bottom row? Now there's the buttons to move from screen to screen in the lower left and right and, well, those are just more annoying than anything.

TIA!

Other than that fabulous ROM. :)

You're running launcher2 instead of helix. Make sure you have helix installed, and then you can clear defaults in launcher2 in the applications menu, then hit the home button and helix should be an option.

stanrc

Reaction score
The shortcuts in the launcher were part of helix launcher which isn't included in CM anymore.

mising

Reaction score
Smoked glass 1.4.1 working on 5.0.6.1?
I installed the one one on Rom Manager and it flashed me back to 5.0.5.7.
I reinstalled 5.0.6 and downloaded the theme from http://thekilpatrickproject.com/downloads/Smoked Glass-Esque/Smoked_Glass-Esque_v1.4.1.ziphttp://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/topic/978-theme-smoked-glass-esque-v141-updated-41310/
to my SD. I then used install rom from SD in Rom Manager, leaving wipe data unchecked, reboot, and yay new theme....

Last edited:

montoyad

Reaction score
After upgrading my rom version from 5.0.5.7 to 5.0.6.1 my GPS in maps and in weather shows my location as Nanchang, China and I'm in Cleveland, OH USA! Is this a ROM error?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
After upgrading my rom version from 5.0.5.7 to 5.0.6.1 my GPS in maps and in weather shows my location as Nanchang, China and I'm in Cleveland, OH USA! Is this a ROM error?

Sorry, that just made me bust out laughing.

jbfickler

Reaction score
You mean the differences between 5.0.6 and 5.0.6.1? It is in the first post of this thread. WiFi is fixed with the default kernel, and SetCPU was removed.

For questions like this, all of the info you're looking for can be found easily in the change log. Just a heads up.

Actually Im on 5.0.5.7 right now and would be updating to 5.0.6.1. Looking for the difference in those two. I'm looking for the change log now. Sorry for the noob question, I'm still learning.
CyanogenMod 5.0.6 – Tax Deductible | CyanogenMod

do i download both of them or just one.

Just the latest 5.0.6.1 from here http://koush.romraid.com/motorola/sholes/cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush_5.0.6.1.zip
and after that also download the google apps from here gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip

Lot easier to do with RM if you don't know what you're doing.

After I download the roms, where do I put them on my SD card? Root or in clockwork mod folder? Do I rename as well?

angryunibrow

Reaction score

My GPS is working just fine.

But that also made me laugh!

Could you pick me up a souvenir while your in China? :icon_eek:

nphil

Reaction score
Actually Im on 5.0.5.7 right now and would be updating to 5.0.6.1. Looking for the difference in those two. I'm looking for the change log now. Sorry for the noob question, I'm still learning.

Just the latest 5.0.6.1 from here http://koush.romraid.com/motorola/sholes/cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush_5.0.6.1.zip
and after that also download the google apps from here gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip

After I download the roms, where do I put them on my SD card? Root or in clockwork mod folder? Do I rename as well?

You can put it wherever you want on your SDcard. No need to rename if you're using Clockwork Recovery. Just select install ROM from SD card through ROM manager or CWrecovery, and install. Don't forget to install BOTH zips.

angryunibrow

Reaction score

I believe you can place them anywhere, and you DO NOT need to rename them.

Clockwork should install any file name (does not need to be update.zip for example)

trumpet444

Reaction score
i had that same problem once with DM 1.0. Google maps showed me in alabama moving a little fast and not following roads. It looked like it was following an airplane. It corrected itself after a reboot an hour later. I'm in richmond, va so it was a little annoying because i was actually showing the navigation off to someone!

Slipstream

Reaction score
i had that same problem once with DM 1.0. Google maps showed me in alabama moving a little fast and not following roads. It looked like it was following an airplane. It corrected itself after a reboot an hour later. I'm in richmond, va so it was a little annoying because i was actually showing the navigation off to someone!

That has to be trippy. :icon_eek:

"I don't know, man... apparently I'm flying over Alabama right now..."

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I'm having issues dl CM 5.0.6.1. Rom Manager takes forever to dl and then it aborts instalation cause the zip file is bad. When I dl the update.zip file on my comp it's taking over an hour to dl. I have never had any problems with dl a rom. This sucks.

smomandroid

Reaction score
I am running 5.0.6.1 and it is fast...no this is coming from BD's 10. I installed smoked glass and it worked but my phone now said I was on an older version and I had to re update to 5.0.6.1...I am assuming it was due to the theme not being ready for this update?

Smoman