CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
where will it be announced when then nextheme is compatible? on nexusnation?

mph122074

Reaction score
Quick question, Is anyone else having a problem with the browser?. Almost everytime I open it about 3 minutes later it closes by itself without a FC notice, and goes right to my home screen? My phone has done this on Google Maps as well. I deleted cache and wiped before flash and all. Havent had this problem before this rom. Can someone shed some light?

I believe this is due to the kernal you are using...i had the same problem when running a 1.2 kernal so i had to go back to a 1.1...and now all is well...

I thought this as well so I switched to the 1.1 then the 1.0 kernal and am still having the issue. You think my phone can not handle 1.0 and abouve? if so my phone is lame..lol

Are you using the P3 kernels or someone elses???

sincal

Reaction score
I believe this is due to the kernal you are using...i had the same problem when running a 1.2 kernal so i had to go back to a 1.1...and now all is well...

I thought this as well so I switched to the 1.1 then the 1.0 kernal and am still having the issue. You think my phone can not handle 1.0 and abouve? if so my phone is lame..lol

Are you using the P3 kernels or someone elses???

P3.. That is the only one that works with 5.6.1 right?

hookerdj

Reaction score
P3 kernels are way sick very cool temps and lv

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mising

Reaction score
I think the one on Rom Manager is a complete ROM, not just the theme. I had to download the theme only from the above link to get it to work on 5.0.6...

I had the same problem, It flashed me backwards. I am going to try from the link now and upgrade to the 5.0.6.1

I just reinstalled from the link, about 9meg file...and it is making RM think I am on an older version than 5.0.6.1....should I keep running it or put 5.0.6.1 back on and forget about smoked glass for now.

smoman

I just re checked and the one that worked without going backwards is the 1.4, I tried 1.4.1 just now and it put me back on 5.0.5.7 again:blink:
Here are the differences, you may want to wait until 1.4.1 is updated depending on how important those features are

v1.4.1
Added wifi image for battery usage
Youtube HQ by default
Increased wifi scan times to 60
Decreased ring delay from 3 sec to 1 sec
Increased video record quality on highest setting
Removed some duplicate entriesin build.prop
v1.4
HelixLauncher2 0.7 beta (themed of course)
Bouncing animations (thanks to Bgill55)
Colored talk icon
Pandora and HTC_IME can be installed as addons as a separate download

Last edited:

jman09

Reaction score
I'm about to be running stock 5061 and wait for the update. I'm currently downloading 5061 and it seems slower than yesterday

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I am running 5.0.6.1 and it is fast...no this is coming from BD's 10. I installed smoked glass and it worked but my phone now said I was on an older version and I had to re update to 5.0.6.1...I am assuming it was due to the theme not being ready for this update?

Smoman

I installed the one one on Rom Manager and it flashed me back to 5.0.5.7.
I reinstalled 5.0.6 and downloaded the theme from http://thekilpatrickproject.com/downloads/Smoked Glass-Esque/Smoked_Glass-Esque_v1.4.1.zip
to my SD. I then used install rom from SD in Rom Manager, leaving wipe data unchecked, reboot, and yay new theme....

I think the one on Rom Manager is a complete ROM, not just the theme. I had to download the theme only from the above link to get it to work on 5.0.6...

I had the same problem, It flashed me backwards. I am going to try from the link now and upgrade to the 5.0.6.1

Not sure if this has been answered yet by anyone else but here's the official answer.

Smoked Glass-Esque will work with 5.0.6.1, however it still has the cell standby issue. It is also a THEME and NOT a complete rom. The reason why you think it "put you back" is because the build.prop file still has 5.0.5.7 in it. So your phone will say you're running 5.0.5.7 but you are in fact on 5.0.6.1
Other than that things should work as they did before.

I will be updating it in the next day or so. Been busy now with personal issues.

jman09

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been answered yet by anyone else but here's the official answer.

Smoked Glass-Esque will work with 5.0.6.1, however it still has the cell standby issue. It is also a THEME and NOT a complete rom. The reason why you think it "put you back" is because the build.prop file still has 5.0.5.7 in it. So your phone will say you're running 5.0.5.7 but you are in fact on 5.0.6.1
Other than that things should work as they did before.

I will be updating it in the next day or so. Been busy now with personal issues.

Thanks for the update. I was only at 5.0.6 yesterday, so I'm still updating to 5.0.6.1 and will try Smoked Glass-Esque again.

neoj2

Reaction score
im having a problem with rm. it keeps asking me to update when there is no update available. should i re-install?

i installed the black-ice theme and it started to do this

wow now its not even pickup my usb cord at all. hmmm coming from UD been a little tricky

Last edited: