CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

VolDroid

Reaction score
I tried installing this over my UD9.8 using ROM manager tonight but kept getting a fail with something about it being "bad". I tried several times before giving up for the night. I chose 5.0.6.1 and google apps. any idea what might be going wrong?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So when you attempt to turn on the wifi you get "will not turn on" Are you using a toggle or short cut or are you taping menu, settings, wireless & network, wifi? Airplane mode if off?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to verify so that I'm clear.
You are taping menu, settings, wireless & Networking, wifi. Correct?

Did you verify the wifi settings which is just below the wifi (turn on Wi-Fi) button?

Has wifi worked before?

Georgeofjungle52

Reaction score
Yes! Under the wifi button, it says error. It won't turn on. I think I will try reinstalling. Sorry for the delay, I'm diabetic and passed out for a few hours. I was using 6.0 before with no problems. If all else fails I'll go back for a while. Thanks fore the reply's.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, my suggestion was based on the fact that the new CyanogenMod 6.1 RC-1 just dropped, so your current ROM will be outdated by two generations very soon. Lots of improvements, including to the WiFI system. :)

Georgeofjungle52

Reaction score
Well, my suggestion was based on the fact that the new CyanogenMod 6.1 RC-1 just dropped, so your current ROM will be outdated by two generations very soon. Lots of improvements, including to the WiFI system. :)
Thanks. I'll just hold out until the next update. This is the best ROM I've tried yet (4). Thanks for the help.