[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

rebretz000

Reaction score
I've tried so many ROM's.
AOKP, Liquidsmooth, Xenon HD, Redemption, Sourcery, Black Ice, Steel Droid. I wasn't going to try CM because of the lack of modifications but gave it try and realized on the first day the battery life would be better. I had 3% more battery left after my drive to work than on any other. I din't change kernels or anything on CM9_RC1, just went with how the dev's set it up. Glad I tried it.

rebretz000

Reaction score
Was just reading about Cyanogen Mod working on JB ROM. Can't wait. I'm torn, the first ROM I ever used was Liquidsmooth......then AOKP based Steel Droid. CM has treated my phone good I don't really want to try any others.

jkmish

Reaction score
Winner, I would just like to say THANK YOU! This is an awesome rom, very stable and responsive.

ohcop72

Reaction score
I have only ran CM back in the D1 Days, lately been pretty faithful to Sourcery until Th3ory dropped the JB Rom. I will definately try CM when they drop the JB, the Google Now app is kinda hard to give up and go back.

zero7404

Reaction score
someone chime in on some advise for me. i'm stock 4.0.4 rooted (not running a rom yet).

ive used cm 7 and 9 on my dX in the past and liked it. i want to run the latest build of cm9 now on my g-nex but some questions first:

i did not install cwm recovery. i use wug's toolkit for temp cwm to do backups. so i have a full cwm backup of my phone with my settings the way i like it.

first, can i use this temp cwm method to flash cm9 ?

second, can i restore data in cwm recovery from my stock rom to get my settings back on cm9 ?

third, no sd card but there is an sd card directory, does that directory get affected ? got lots of gb of stuff i dont want to do over.

fourth, does everything work properly in the latest build ?

posted via android ....

zero7404

Reaction score
^ anyone knows the answer to any of these questions ?

posted via android ....

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I can only answer one of your questions, yes everything runs great on the rc1. As for the rest you will have to wait for someone with more knowledge to come along.

zero7404

Reaction score
so i flashed cm 9 ... runs nice. i also flashed blue softkeys. how do i revert back to the white softkeys ?

posted via android ....

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
someone chime in on some advise for me. i'm stock 4.0.4 rooted (not running a rom yet).

ive used cm 7 and 9 on my dX in the past and liked it. i want to run the latest build of cm9 now on my g-nex but some questions first:

i did not install cwm recovery. i use wug's toolkit for temp cwm to do backups. so i have a full cwm backup of my phone with my settings the way i like it.

first, can i use this temp cwm method to flash cm9 ?

second, can i restore data in cwm recovery from my stock rom to get my settings back on cm9 ?

third, no sd card but there is an sd card directory, does that directory get affected ? got lots of gb of stuff i dont want to do over.

fourth, does everything work properly in the latest build ?

posted via android ....

Not sure about the temp cwm, never tried that method. You can restore certain pieces of data, takes some experimenting to see whwhat works (Bluetooth for instance works fine for me, but restoring data usage doesn't). Since you already flashed, I'm sure you'll already know it doesn't clear the SDcard, tho I recommend making regular backups of your most prized data, on a computer or the cloud, just in case something does go wrong. And your fourth was answered earlier, pretty much everything runs 100% in the RCs

so i flashed cm 9 ... runs nice. i also flashed blue softkeys. how do i revert back to the white softkeys ?

posted via android ....

Reflash the Rom and it should clear any mods you flashed after the Rom (including kernels).

Xoomin with Tapatalk 2

zero7404

Reaction score
dont want to go thru reflashing so ill wait for a zip that will flash the white softkeys

posted via android ....

jleeusa

Reaction score
Reflashing would take about the same amount of time as rebooting. You don't have to wipe data, just reflash.

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks ... i was thinking of having to do a reset .... takes more time.

so i had to flash cwm recovery for this, is recovery removable without plugging into my pc and restoring back to the stock/unrooted image ?

posted via android ....

zero7404

Reaction score
differences between cm9 and stock .... the sounds i set for my alarms sounded a bit different (same sound files) ... not sure if sound is normalized for speaker output on cm9 or if theres a tweaked preset in the stock rom.

also noticed dimming on cm9 doesnt get as low as it does on stock. on the lowest setting it appeared brighter than the lowest on stock.

just some observations

posted via android ....

threEchelon

Reaction score
differences between cm9 and stock .... the sounds i set for my alarms sounded a bit different (same sound files) ... not sure if sound is normalized for speaker output on cm9 or if theres a tweaked preset in the stock rom.

also noticed dimming on cm9 doesnt get as low as it does on stock. on the lowest setting it appeared brighter than the lowest on stock.

just some observations

posted via android ....

Yeah, I think they changed the dimming settings to avoid the low brightness levels where you can see the "fabric" of the screen (I'm not sure what to call it.).

You can change the settings manually, though.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
If you need the screen to go really really low, you can use an app like Root Dim too, I use it on my Gnex and Xoom.