[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

Briankbl

Reaction score
"Linaro stuff" ... What exactly? lol Just wondering if this is THE Linaro build that is supposed to super boost performance. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Durandgir

Reaction score
Briankbl said:
"Linaro stuff" ... What exactly? lol Just wondering if this is THE Linaro build that is supposed to super boost performance. Thanks!

Yeah that be it. It also truly does boost performance.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yeah that be it. It also truly does boost performance.

Thanks, one more question. I see in the OP that there is no link for a stable build. Are only experimental builds available?

Durandgir

Reaction score
Briankbl said:
Thanks, one more question. I see in the OP that there is no link for a stable build. Are only experimental builds available?

Yep currently its still just nightlies though I know they are going to freeze the code and start releasing RCs

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yep currently its still just nightlies though I know they are going to freeze the code and start releasing RCs

Do you think the latest nightly would be a suitable (permanent) replacement for BlackICE ROM until a stable CM9 is released?

Durandgir

Reaction score
Do you think the latest nightly would be a suitable (permanent) replacement for BlackICE ROM until a stable CM9 is released?

Well I was going to jump back on the CM bandwagon since they are moving more towards a stable build I truly believe it is a suitable replacement, heck CM runs better on my phone than any build of AOKP I have ever ran.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Hi -

Running the 0515 build.

With the last several updates I've tried (anything after 0516), after everything's flashed and I reboot, all goes well until it gets to the lockscreen, then I get a monologue box saying "Unfortunately, SystemUI has stopped". I cannot clear this box. Processing is obviously going on behind it, but as I can't clear it, the phone is unusable. I restored this morning's 0515 backup and all is OK. Anyone else seen this?

Using Franco's milestone-4 kernel and the 0429 GApps.

Thanks!

OK. Finally got around to playing with this again. After a full wipe and install of *just* the newest build (0613) and the 0429 GApps, it booted. But if I use ANY of the other mods I had previously (softkey changes, boot animation OR the latest Franco kernel) - I get the "System UI has stopped" lockup on boot. I went back to last night's backup (version 0515 and Franco's milestone 4) and everything's fine.

This is getting rather frustrating; while I'm fairly happy with the older build I'm running, not being to update any further without changing to another ROM is annoying. Others on the GNex forum have had the same issue since 0516.

Anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?

drumst1x

Reaction score
Hey All.

First of all, as usual, thanks Winner for continuing all the hard work. :)

Now, for my frustrations....

For a while, i was using bluetooth audio no problem. Then, i upgraded to one of the April/May builds, and audio died, though I could still use the bluetooth for phone. It was paired, and i could even advance tracks via car controls (which would then move my Google Music tracks forward), however the audio wasn't streaming. Normally, on my car (Toyota Highlander 2012), when the audio is working, it will say "Streaming" or "Paused" when it's play/paused. This was no longer the case.

I thought maybe it was because I didn't do a full wipe first, as others have not seemed to have had this problem. However, I cracked my screen Friday (blech) and just got the replacement. Before doing anything on the replacement, I tried bluetooth as stock. it worked fine. I did a wipe (data/cache) as well as system and Dalvik. I installed the most recent (June 18th) CM9 of winner's .... no dice. Talking via bluetooth still works, and changing channels still works, but streaming music does NOT.

Anyone able to help me debug this weird issue and figure out how to fix it?

:)

**edit on 6/21/2012** I also notice now that GPS is not working. I seem to remember this being an issue (reading about it, not experiencing it). I absolutely can't use a ROM with broken GPS for my daily driver as I use GPS almost daily. Winner - I saw somewhere that you've moved to be working on the LiquidSmooth roms ... do those have working GPS/BlueTooth? Hoping to have some good quality ICS 4.04 rom with working BT and GPS..... maybe Liquid is where it's at for me? Any other suggestions? The only rom i've ever used for my galnex is the CM9 Winner build..... Maybe time to look around elsewhere? Please give any advice any of you may have :)

Another thought, I haven't tried this yet, but would using Franco's kernel fix the BT/GPS?

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new to CM and it's developers. I just got CM9-RC1 from rom manager (cyanogenMod). But I also see a section for Winner00. Are these two separate ROMs? Why are both called CM9? Rom manager does't show the changelog show I can't tell if there are any differences.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new to CM and it's developers. I just got CM9-RC1 from rom manager (cyanogenMod). But I also see a section for Winner00. Are these two separate ROMs? Why are both called CM9? Rom manager does't show the changelog show I can't tell if there are any differences.

Yes, these are two separate ROMs. Both are CM though. The CM9-RC1 you refer to is the official build from CM. The build Winner makes is based off of this, but then he adds in his personal tweaks. Winner's builds are every bit as stable as the official, but with added stuff you won't get in the official.

For differences, check the OP.

rebretz000

Reaction score
I've been running CM9_RC1 for 5 days now I think. So far this ROM has been the most fluid and responsive of any of the GNEX ROM's I've tried. (I've been through quite a few) I have also gotten better battery life out of this ROM than any other. I almost threw in the towel because of the lack of modifications that this ROM has but I am glad I stuck it out. Top notch.
Where Can I find a link to winner's version? If its as stable and quick as CM9_RC1, but with some more tweaks, I'd really like to play with it.

CM9_RC1.PNG

SwagTech

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing!!. I can never get battery stats like that... I have tried every rom(not really) out... I'm currently back to AOKP but I will go back to CM once they release CM10