CM9 builds available for Galaxy Nexus

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Galaxy Nexus users! CM9 builds are available for your device. Okay I know none of them are official and none of them are supported by Cyanogen, but there are some pretty nice Kangs available for your use right now while we wait on CM to perfect their Rom for release! Developer Winner00 has put together his very own Kang of CM9 for your romming pleasure. Basically he has just pulled what is available from gerrit and made some mods. This should at the very least provide you with some more customization options as well as improved performance over stock ICS.

550x-cyanlogo.jpg

So as stated earlier this build is in no way supported by the Cyanogen team, and is just a Kang. This build is super solid and packs lots of features. Some features include Cmsettings (change toggles in notification), File Manager, support for caller name display, enabled face detection, facebook sync, removed japanese keyboard, hide adb notification, some Launcher speed tweaks, Battery percentage mod, configurable screen rotation, Home button animation tweak, LTE toggle button, onscreen controls customization, plus more!

This is running on the updated Tuna Kernel 3.0.16, XHDPI icons have been added to this version, There are also options for Blue Soft Keys, and battery percentage removal. This is a great preview of what is coming from Cyanogen!

For more info and Download links for this Rom click here!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Awesome, means the official build should be close.

jhhoffma

Reaction score
Yeah, except winner00's build has been out since the GNex LTE was released...and we have yet to hear from CM team.

I wouldn't correlate gerrit pulls and CM9 readiness.

On the positive side, I did like winner00's CM9 kang. Fabulous's build is very good as well. Pete's (Bugless Beast) builds are rock stable, as always. P3Droid's Tranquil Ice is VERY good, and getting a LOT of customization options.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, except winner00's build has been out since the GNex LTE was released...and we have yet to hear from CM team.

I wouldn't correlate gerrit pulls and CM9 readiness.

On the positive side, I did like winner00's CM9 kang. Fabulous's build is very good as well. Pete's (Bugless Beast) builds are rock stable, as always. P3Droid's Tranquil Ice is VERY good, and getting a LOT of customization options.

You are right Tranq is really nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There is no shortage of nice, stable ROMs but I think the official release of CM9 will be nice. Until then, a little kang is always nice :)...

chefb

Reaction score
i have never seen a cm9 non bet/ OFFICAL rom on any of my devices!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I prefer fitsnugly's CM9 Kang, less changes more stock CM9 but as said these have been out for a long time so the news is a bit late. Either way glad to see alot of development for the GN.

Big Ry

Reaction score
OK WTF is a gerrit and a kang? This terminology was not used back when I was flashing roms on my OG in 2010.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
OK WTF is a gerrit and a kang? This terminology was not used back when I was flashing roms on my OG in 2010.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gerrit is a source repository, Kang means "steal" or "borrow"