[ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 5 (JRO03R)

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
will this work on the inc2 vivo_w??

Currently only the LTE Galaxy Nexus is supported. I don't have any other phones, so it would be hard for me to support anything else

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
today, i will begin working on implementing the new root settings menu from cyanogenmod into clean aosp. i feel that this is really an essential feature for any ROM and so i think this is a necessary modification for clean aosp

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm currently uploading build 3. should be up tonight / tomorrow. it includes the root settings menu under developer options. the menu provides four options "Disabled", "Apps Only", "ADB Only", and "Apps and ADB". currently the default in build 3 is "Apps Only", however i will probably be putting out a build 4 which defaults it to "Disabled". my code is mainly based off of cyanogenmod's commits mentioned in the blog post here, and functions much in the same way. cm doesn't build Superuser from source, but i do, so I also added some of my own code related to this in Superuser. basically in CM it would say that superuser had granted apps permissions if they were on the whitelist, even when root was disabled via the settings and they didn't actually have root. i plan on launching the developer's settings intent as well, if you get denied superuser permissions because the setting is disabled. this way you can easily re-enable it. but that isn't in build 3.

i should note that this way doesn't seem to give you access to google play movies. i like to think of it as a selective root, rather than completely removing root altogether. but, the main purpose of this is security, not to enable google play movies. i've been leaving mine on "Disabled", and i really don't find that i have to re-enable root very often.

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wanted to wait and get more features in, but I might be busy for the next week or so. So, here's build 4. The only change is that root is "Disabled" by default

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
posted 4.0.4 build 1... as far as I can tell everything seems to work fine, GPS, facebook sync, keyboard auto-correct, wallet, etc. let me know what you guys think

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
posted 4.0.4 build 2. it includes reboot and screenshot options in the power menu. as well, i've built out settings in Settings > Developer options to disable/configure these options.

the reboot option in the power menu will by default simply reboot your phone when clicked. If you prefer the whole reboot options menu (regular, recovery, bootloader) you can configure this in Settings > Developer options > Reboot option. As well, if you would like to turn off the Screenshot option in the power menu you can do so via Settings > Developer options > Screenshot option. i generally leave it off as I think it's easy enough to take a screenshot in ICS as is via the volume/power key combo, but I figured some of you guys might like it.

as always, let me know what you think

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just posted 4.0.4 build 3 which includes a "Clean extras" setting panel. This is now the home to all the settings I previously had in "Developer options". I also added a Settings shortcut to "Clean extras", so you can have a shortcut on your home screen if you like. In addition, I added a new setting to toggle the Battery Percentage Indicator that is now present in the Status bar.

Enjoy

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
if you're curious, I'm currently working on a setting for changing the number of home screens for Launcher2 via Clean extras

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just posted 4.0.4 build 4. It includes an option for specifying the number of home screens. As well, you can now rent/view movies in Google Play Movies and the "Battery usage data not available" bug should now be fixed as well.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
posted build 5.. the "T-CDMA 64" bug *should* be fixed. let me know if it's not. i was never able to replicate it, but i think i implemented a fix for it. also, i cleaned up the home screen option a little bit and added options to remove "Airplane Mode" and the Silent Mode toggles from the Power Menu. let me know what you think

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I've put together a little preview build of jelly bean, rooted, works with the standard jb gapps. Enjoy and let me know what you think. I'll be bringing back the rest of the clean features little by little

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just posted build 1 for 4.1.1. It includes selective root, a separate Clean extras settings panel, a Clean extras settings shortcut, and paves the way for the rest of the settings to be implemented/have a home. Enjoy!

OP
J

javroch

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I have sip/voip, battery percentage text, and a possible gps tweak lined up for build 2 so far. i may also include reboot options which would include the option to reboot safe mode, like you can already via long press. it depends if i have time to get to it.

after that i'll probably look into seeing if fb contact sync is feasible in JB.