[ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 5 (JRO03R)

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by javroch, Mar 9, 2012.

1. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Build 2 posted, includes fixed Facebook Contact Sync. That's about it for now. Next thing I want to do is validate whether or not Google Wallet is working. I've been able to use NFC to beam, etc and everything else seems to be working fairly well so far. Let me know if anybody has any feedback for me

I tried to see if I could get Twitter's Contact Sync working in a similar fashion, but it seems it's an issue on their end: http://support.twitter.com/groups/3...cles/213727-known-issues-with-the-android-app

2. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not gonna add this as a "Modification" or anything... because I didn't really do anything to fix anything, but I just wanted to confirm that I was successfully able to use Google Wallet on Clean AOSP last night. Apparently, I just needed to "Reset Google Wallet" from when I flashed from stock

3. ALDO101T

ALDO101T Member

Ratings:
    +0
    will this work on the inc2 vivo_w??

4. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Currently only the LTE Galaxy Nexus is supported. I don't have any other phones, so it would be hard for me to support anything else

5. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    today, i will begin working on implementing the new root settings menu from cyanogenmod into clean aosp. i feel that this is really an essential feature for any ROM and so i think this is a necessary modification for clean aosp

6. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm currently uploading build 3. should be up tonight / tomorrow. it includes the root settings menu under developer options. the menu provides four options "Disabled", "Apps Only", "ADB Only", and "Apps and ADB". currently the default in build 3 is "Apps Only", however i will probably be putting out a build 4 which defaults it to "Disabled". my code is mainly based off of cyanogenmod's commits mentioned in the blog post here, and functions much in the same way. cm doesn't build Superuser from source, but i do, so I also added some of my own code related to this in Superuser. basically in CM it would say that superuser had granted apps permissions if they were on the whitelist, even when root was disabled via the settings and they didn't actually have root. i plan on launching the developer's settings intent as well, if you get denied superuser permissions because the setting is disabled. this way you can easily re-enable it. but that isn't in build 3.

i should note that this way doesn't seem to give you access to google play movies. i like to think of it as a selective root, rather than completely removing root altogether. but, the main purpose of this is security, not to enable google play movies. i've been leaving mine on "Disabled", and i really don't find that i have to re-enable root very often.

7. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    posted build 3..

8. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted to wait and get more features in, but I might be busy for the next week or so. So, here's build 4. The only change is that root is "Disabled" by default

9. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
  10. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    posted 4.0.4 build 1... as far as I can tell everything seems to work fine, GPS, facebook sync, keyboard auto-correct, wallet, etc. let me know what you guys think

11. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    posted 4.0.4 build 2. it includes reboot and screenshot options in the power menu. as well, i've built out settings in Settings > Developer options to disable/configure these options.

the reboot option in the power menu will by default simply reboot your phone when clicked. If you prefer the whole reboot options menu (regular, recovery, bootloader) you can configure this in Settings > Developer options > Reboot option. As well, if you would like to turn off the Screenshot option in the power menu you can do so via Settings > Developer options > Screenshot option. i generally leave it off as I think it's easy enough to take a screenshot in ICS as is via the volume/power key combo, but I figured some of you guys might like it.

as always, let me know what you think

12. javroch

javroch Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I just posted 4.0.4 build 3 which includes a "Clean extras" setting panel. This is now the home to all the settings I previously had in "Developer options". I also added a Settings shortcut to "Clean extras", so you can have a shortcut on your home screen if you like. In addition, I added a new setting to toggle the Battery Percentage Indicator that is now present in the Status bar.

Enjoy

Search tags for this page
download speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

htc rezound ics 4.0.4 gapps
speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip