Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

dieselbmw

Reaction score
okay we have given this person directions 27 times already...is he or she flooding threads..??? I would hate for someone to brick their phone........ however this person posted in about 9 threads. and repeated after we tried to help.

Its ok...people freak out sometimes. Gotta get him/her calmed down first. And in one thread.

Sent from my Droid

Yes sir....well said..I seriously hope they are ok! I know I would not want my phone bricked!!!! I know I would want full support from everyone!

anilraj420

Reaction score
nevermind i guess it connected it says it was at bottom right hand sign of screen im useing window vista..but when i click rsd lite and pick the file n hit start doesnt seem like anything happening

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Is rsd detecting your device?

Sent from my Droid

RoyaleWifCheese

Reaction score
The tip mentioned earlier about flashing back CW 1.8.1.8 through ROM Manager worked for me. I was able to get from the FRF84B source build to BB 0.4, no SPR reflash required. I'd recommend that route if you haven't already tried it.

Last edited:

Chris1980

Reaction score
Boot Loop

I recently rooted my buddies droid. I got everything up and running. I use the stock ESE81.zip. It booted up just fine. I installed Rom Manager and flashed the clockwork recovery and even did a backup. He then asked me to theme it with one of the Team chaos themes. Long story short when it went to reboot it got stuck on the m logo and now I can't go into recovery and do a restore. It says that the sd card is not mounted. Is there anyway to get past this or did I brick his phone?

Chris1980

Reaction score
Thank you. I tried it but now for some reasone I can't get it to boot up or boot completely into recovery. If it does go to recovery, I can't scroll down or aything without it automatically rebooting which stops as the M logo.

IwantFroyoGuy

Reaction score
2.2 BB Rom Manager issue

Running 2.2 on the BB .4 rom manager will only download the pro version, meaning it will only get the license but it will not get the actual app (free version) it will only go into market and say its downloading, but never start the file. If you try to cancel download market will FC and then restart. how can i get this crucial program I've already donated to?

Loving all Froyo but the Music/Media apps, thanks beast for the seamless roms!
:hail:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Running 2.2 on the BB .4 rom manager will only download the pro version, meaning it will only get the license but it will not get the actual app (free version) it will only go into market and say its downloading, but never start the file. If you try to cancel download market will FC and then restart. how can i get this crucial program I've already donated to?

Loving all Froyo but the Music/Media apps, thanks beast for the seamless roms!
:hail:

Make sure you can download other apps.
If the market doesn't appear to be the problem then you could try to uninstall and redownload it.
There may be a temporary issue with just that app in the market too.
You could contact the dev, Koush has his own subsection here.

You didn't say how long you have been on BB.4 and if the problem started with the install of this rom or not. To determine if its the market or your rom you could make a backup of what you have and then install one of your older backups to see if you still can't get it out of the market.

Chris1980

Reaction score
Thank you for all your help. I ended up having to put my sdcard in his phone and using one of my nandroid backups. I could only get his phone to reboot into sprecovery. I could not get his sd card to mount but he as an extra so everything is right with the universe. I really appreciate all of the help.

ttaylor0024

Reaction score
Just rooted yesterday, and everything was running great... untill I installed Simply Stunning v4.3. I went to make a back up and found that I cannot access my recovery, it was stuck at the M.

Now Rom Manager says that if this happens, flash a different recovery then flash clockwork back. Here is the catch- When I try to flash a different recovery I get this, "An error occurred while flashing your recovery."

What do I do now?! I have no idea where to go now...

EDIT: I also cant download from the market for some reason either... Just *228 option 2'd and tried it again... "Download was unsuccessful, please try again" I live a mile away from a tower and have full 5 bars of 3g

EDIT #2: after more tinkering around, my recovery works again..... All I did was press "Flash clockwork mod recovery" again.... odd...

Last edited: