Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

pappy53

Reaction score
I installed Sapphire.7, and now I can't do things in ROM Manager. Tried to flash CW recovery, and got "error occurred while trying to run privileged commands". Same thing with fix permissions and flash alternate recovery. I went back to BB.4, and everything works, so it must be a Sapphire problem. Anyone else?
And yes, I did re-install Sapphire, and had same results

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two things to check.

1. Did you wipe data and cache?

2. The file (rom) you download was corrupted. Download a new file and try again.

Mike

complacent

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having problems using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.0.1.3 to make a backup of my current ROM (BB V0.4) as well as simply booting into recovery mode.

If I try to make a backup of my current ROM, my Droid will hang up at the Motorola boot logo and never enter the recovery/backup process and eventually boot into the normal OS. The backup is never created.

If I try to boot into recovery mode (power +x, correct?) I get the same behavior as above... Boot sequence will hang at the Motorola boot logo for a bit and then finally boot into the normal OS.

I have tried flashing SPRecovery and then ClockworkMod Recovery to no avail. Should I be trying one of the newer (alternate) versions of ClockworkMod Recovery? Everything (BB V0.4) is working wonderfully, I'd just love to have a solid ROM backup and recovery available.

Sorry for the n00b questions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree that you need a solid and reliable backup. I would try two things:

1. Flash an older version of CW and see if that will allow you to make a backup.

2. Flash SPR the alternative recovery in RM and make a backup.

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Mike

complacent

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Here's what I did...

I re-flashed SPRecovery via RM. Again. I then flashed CW 2.0.1.3 via RM. Again.

I shut down the phone and booted into recovery (power+x). After holding a while, the CW menu finally appeared. I was then able to go into nandroid and make a backup from there and reboot. I can now view the backup in RM.

Any idea why the backups weren't working directly from the ROM Manager? Is there a particular log I can tail to puzzle it out?

Either way, I'm happy to finally have a current BBv0.4 backup available should I really dork this thing up.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
RM has been having lots of issues lately. Not sure why or when it may be resolved. Some members report that their version of RM is very stable. I have RM installed but I keep SPR flashed. I've never had a problem with SPR and just feel more comfortable with it.

The good news is that you were able to make a backup.

Mike

kdug1020

Reaction score
problems in rom manager

my mot. droid is stuck and wont flash into sprecovery. error when attempting to run priviledged commands.no busybox google maps wont update.my system is running 2.2 baseband c_01.3e.01p kernel 2.6.32.9-p3droids build#voles-userdebug2.2frfxx33333test keys

brendankruse

Reaction score
Stuck at the "M"

I am getting stuck at the white motorola "m" and having trouble getting into clockwork recovery. When I press 'x' before the power button, nothing happens either, it just stays at the white 'm" screen. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this or am I screwed?

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
my mot. droid is stuck and wont flash into sprecovery. error when attempting to run priviledged commands.no busybox google maps wont update.my system is running 2.2 baseband c_01.3e.01p kernel 2.6.32.9-p3droids build#voles-userdebug2.2frfxx33333test keys

Can you get to recovery mode??
Sent from my Droid

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I am getting stuck at the white motorola "m" and having trouble getting into clockwork recovery. When I press 'x' before the power button, nothing happens either, it just stays at the white 'm" screen. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this or am I screwed?

Will it boot up at all or just not into CW recovery?

Sent from my Droid

mikryd

Reaction score
Will only boot into SPRecovery not CM recovery

I just installed Cyan Mod 6.0.0 and rebooted.I was having some small problems with it so decided to go back to my backup ROM. I can not reboot into CM recovery. It will only boot into SPRecovery. I have reflashed CM several times. Flashed SPrecovery then tried to reflash CM again. Nothing seems to work. How do I reboot back into CM recovery. I also cleared my download cache. Please help. Thank you.

mikryd

Reaction score
Actually already tried using an older version of CW but had same affect. Thank you for your input. I will try the developer next.

jayb

Reaction score
I have had some serious issues with rom manager the past 2 days.

I get stuck at the " M " also.........can not boot into cw.

Ok this is the only workaround I have found to work for me. Just flash spr. then reboot..........then re-flash cw and reboot. That has worked for me but its a major pain in the butt!

O BTW I am now running CM rc-1 and trying to put 928's theme for it on.