Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

homeeey

Reaction score
sadly its nice to know i'm not the only one having issues with clockwork. i'm ganna chat it up with the dev and see what their take it with my issue. for me, i installed rom manger, inside rom manger flashed clockwork and then (paid for the lic) downloaded chey's 4.2 rom and flashed from there. i'd just like to be able to flash his ULV kernels and other fixes but i cant get into recovery for any thing. was told on my thread i started (before finding this one) to try a different build. looks like 2.0.0.3 might be the fix for me. and i will have to try that before i head to bed.

My problems have been with Rom Manager and not Clockwork Recovery. The safest bet for installing ROM is to power down and hold the x to get into recovery. Automated functions (ie backup current ROM) don't seem to be working too well from the Rom Manager interface. I have to flash an alternate recovery (either an different CW recovery or SP recovery) to be able to reboot into recovery, but even if it successfully reboots into recovery from the RM interface and it appears to be making a backup, no backup exists when the process completes. If I manually enter recovery it works fine.

cnmsales

Reaction score
I need some help in a bad way. I installed rom manager and cw. I flashed to Kangerade 1.1. Then accidentaly clicked on MAPS. That force closed and now my 3g is dead. Also, for some reason rom manager isnt showing clockwork as installed. ZAnd it wont let me install it from rom manager cause i dont have a data connection now. It is installed as i am able to boot into it manually. I dont know hwat I need to do to get this fixed.

Could use some guidance here.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can boot into recovery you can restore a backup and that should get you going.

Here is a link that my help.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I was having a problem using the latest version where I couldn't get into the reboot screen or apply any ROM from CM, and I tried doing the flash to SPRcovery 0.9x then 1.8.1.8 and this fixed it so I could finally get Chevy1s 4.2. Now I'm sticking with 2.0.1.3 until I know everything works with 2.0.1.4 or later.

Thanks for everyone posting their fixes so it could help me figure this out!

Last edited:

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I stated this same stuff in another thread, but it should have gone here.

Take a look at my sig. It has up-to-date information on what I am running. (updated hourly, basically) I have zero issues with either ROM Manager OR ClockworkMod Recovery. I keep up to date on the recovery version all the time. I see that lots of you are running 1.8.x.x versions of CM Recovery, and wonder why you havnt updated yet. I am on 2.0.1.3, and nothing is going wrong. No double flash to get CM Recovery to work, or flashing SP then back to CMR. Maybe I just have one of the few Droids that does what its told, the first time. lol

gloom

Reaction score
My worst nightmare.

If you can boot into recovery you can restore a backup and that should get you going.

Here is a link that my help.

I'm booting into recovery and when i navigate to the folders where my backup should be, CW command line says 'no file found'

I made 2 backups, one before going to 0.3, one after going to 0.3

My problems arose after trying to install an OC kernel. I may have compounded the problems just now by flashing an older version of BB. My android system tasks are force closing me into oblivion when i'm lucky enough to get past the boot animation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

gloom

Reaction score
Got it sorted out

Flashed an old recovery and was able to get into Rom Manager long enough to flash my backup of 0.3 ... all is well now. Sorry for the dumb questions! dancedroid:icon_ banana:

anilraj420

Reaction score
can someone please help me i was coming from bb.03 i loaded rom .04 from rom manger it reboted now it wont go past boot animation and if i try to hold x and power to go into recovery it wont go past moto logo sign ive pull battery dont know what to do someone please help me

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
can someone please help me i was coming from bb.03 i loaded rom .04 from rom manger it reboted now it wont go past boot animation and if i try to hold x and power to go into recovery it wont go past moto logo sign ive pull battery dont know what to do someone please help me

Ok this is the 3rd thread I've seen you post this issue. Cross posting not good.

The problem is your recovery was stripped when you flashed the new ROM. Its an issue with 2.2. Did you ever run sprecovery?

Sent from my Droid

anilraj420

Reaction score
no i was useing rom manager clockworld and i cant load anything cause i cant get past moto logo

dieselbmw

Reaction score
okay we have given this person directions 27 times already...is he or she flooding threads..??? I would hate for someone to brick their phone........ however this person posted in about 9 threads. and repeated after we tried to help.

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
okay we have given this person directions 27 times already...is he or she flooding threads..??? I would hate for someone to brick their phone........ however this person posted in about 9 threads. and repeated after we tried to help.

Its ok...people freak out sometimes. Gotta get him/her calmed down first. And in one thread.

Sent from my Droid