Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jstafford1, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

We've been seeing a drastic increase in issues with CW and 2.2. If you have a problem post it here and we'll work to get you fixed up.
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Those having problems word from Koush from his twitter page is to flash sprecovery and flash back. Try it and let us know if it works.
  3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I know that when RomManager recently updated and then you flashed to CWM v8.1.8, it wouldn't apply ROM flashes thru RomManager... but flashing to an experimental CWM v8.2.0 and then flashing back to v8.1.8 fixed it.
    I think I read that from the RomManager Market update page...can't remember but that's what worked for me.
  4. projektorboy

projektorboy New Member

I'm one of those people having problems. I initially rooted with CWM 1.8.1.8 and used it to install Bugless Beast 0.2

There was the BB 0.2.1 update that came out yesterday, so I went to update to that version. Phone was still on CWM Recovery 1.8.1.8 and when I went to "Install ROM from SD" the phone just rebooted, no update.

So I ran a "Fix Permissions" first & rebooted. I wasn't able to upgrade.

Then, according to this thread, I flashed to SPRecovery and rebooted, then restored CWM 1.8.1.8 and rebooted.

The BB 0.2.1 update is now in progress. I'm assuming the combination of fixing filesystem permissions THEN reinstalling the CWM Recovery is what helped set things straight in my phone. Probably is a good thing to do just to be on the safe side when updating your ROM anyway.
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I'm glad Mbk and Projektorboy were able to get things in place. My opinion, users paid $4.99 for an app that is not functioning correctly. The developer needs to step up and correct. The user should not need to go through such gyrations!

Mike
  6. pc747

Because this has been a common issue and we need to get a fix on it; I am going to stick this thread for now.
  7. Double_D

Double_D New Member

So I've been all over the place trying to figure out how to fix this. It started happening after I installed the second FroYo 2.2 that was released.

Anyways, I open Rom Manager and hit 'Download Rom'. It says I need to update to the new version of Rom manager. It takes me to the market, and the download just sits there and does nothing. I hit Cancel, and it FC's. Try it a couple more time with the same result so I just left it like that for a while (days).

Finally I decide to go into my Applications under settings and uninstall it this way. That worked, then I go back to the market to re-download. Start the download, and it gets hung up again. Download bar makes no progress. So I leave it there for a day. Come back the next day, still sitting there. Can't press 'Cancel Download' or it just FC's. Now I am totally stuck.

HELP!!!!
  8. pc747

If you can not download the rom through rom manager just install it through sprecovery .
  9. EvilDobe

EvilDobe New Member

The main issue I'm having with the ROM manager is that my current rom is not showing up under "Check for ROM Updates". I started out with the FRxx base then went to the FR57 base and now I'm using Kangerade. Nothing seems to work when I try to get that to work. It may be related but when I do getprop ro.secure it returns a 1 instead of a 0. I can't fix that either. Any suggestions?
  10. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I think ROM manager is having trouble recognizing 2.2 ROMs and that could be part of the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. Double_D

Double_D New Member

The problem I'd like to fix now would be that I can't download Rom Manager itself.
  12. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I have yet to be able to boot into recovery in CW/RM, no matter what I try. Not a big deal for me personally as I can do everything I need to in SPR, but FYI. Tried flashing/reflashing, etc, still no luck.
  13. mwhartman

Currently, members seem to be experiencing issues with RM/CM especially with the new 2.2 Roms. If you are not able to make progress, may I suggest that you go to the IRC site
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/38233-real-time-irc-support-click-here.html and speak directly with Koush and his team regarding your particular issue. Hopefully, they will be able to provide guidance that will allow you to successfully install a new 2.2 rom that runs on your phone without any issues. Additionally, I ask that you relay back to this thread any advice, suggestions, or recommendations that you receive from Koush's team.

Mike
  14. stark23x

stark23x New Member

Has anyone else had problems with 2.0.0.5? Every time I flash it and try to boot into recovery it hangs at the Motorola M forever. Literally, if I let it, or at least until the battery ran out. I flashed down to 2.0.0.3 and everything is fine again.
  15. Rudy

Rudy New Member

I was able to restore mine from Titanium backup, and this solved my updating problem. See if you can find the .apk somewhere online and do it that way. It is a free program right?
  16. gloo

gloo New Member

I was trying to go from SPRecovery to CW Recovery and when I flashed CW Recovery from the program it said installed successfully. Reboot into recovery only to be at the M forever until a battery pull.

SOLUTION:
    So I flashed SPRecovery back on from Rom manager, rebooted into recovery all is well. I Wiped Cache, rebooted and reinstalled CW Recovery from Rom manager, and BLAM now I am finally running CW Recovery.

Bottom line: Rom manager needs to be updated to wipe cache BEFORE flashing CW Recovery.
  17. mwhartman

I suggest that you and others forward your concerns/observations/request to Koush and his team at the IRC Real Time IRC Support, CLICK HERE!
  18. stark23x

stark23x New Member

Honestly every release - and there have been what, 6 in the last 3 days, maybe 7? - makes it worse. The last CW Recovery that works for me is 2.0.0.3.
  19. mwhartman

Yes there have been several releases. For me, ones best option is to flash SPRcovery and stay there until RM/CW gets stabilized.

Mike
  20. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

the only way i've been able to get things to work with both rom manager and sprecovery is just to flash back and fourth multiple times. flash sprecovery 3 times in a row then flash rom manager 3 times in a row etc. it is amazingly frustrating. i really wish devs could decide on one recovery to focus on so all the geniuses could put their heads together and make the user experience much better. i don't know much about it, but the impression that i've gotten is that it's a pissing contest from devs not actual dev preference due to functionality.
Search tags for this page
2.2.2 clockwork download
clockwork froyo
clockworkmot rom manager -recover
download rom manager android froyo
download rom manager droid 2 for android 2.2

rom manager 2.2

rom manager 2.2.2
rom manager apk for froyo
rom manager apk froyo
rom manager for 2.2
rom manager for froyo