Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

gloo

Reaction score
I was trying to go from SPRecovery to CW Recovery and when I flashed CW Recovery from the program it said installed successfully. Reboot into recovery only to be at the M forever until a battery pull.

SOLUTION:
So I flashed SPRecovery back on from Rom manager, rebooted into recovery all is well. I Wiped Cache, rebooted and reinstalled CW Recovery from Rom manager, and BLAM now I am finally running CW Recovery.

Bottom line: Rom manager needs to be updated to wipe cache BEFORE flashing CW Recovery.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was trying to go from SPRecovery to CW Recovery and when I flashed CW Recovery from the program it said installed successfully. Reboot into recovery only to be at the M forever until a battery pull.

SOLUTION:
So I flashed SPRecovery back on from Rom manager, rebooted into recovery all is well. I Wiped Cache, rebooted and reinstalled CW Recovery from Rom manager, and BLAM now I am finally running CW Recovery.

Bottom line: Rom manager needs to be updated to wipe cache BEFORE flashing CW Recovery.

I suggest that you and others forward your concerns/observations/request to Koush and his team at the IRC Real Time IRC Support, CLICK HERE!

stark23x

Reaction score
Honestly every release - and there have been what, 6 in the last 3 days, maybe 7? - makes it worse. The last CW Recovery that works for me is 2.0.0.3.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes there have been several releases. For me, ones best option is to flash SPRcovery and stay there until RM/CW gets stabilized.

Mike

nerdkill

Reaction score
the only way i've been able to get things to work with both rom manager and sprecovery is just to flash back and fourth multiple times. flash sprecovery 3 times in a row then flash rom manager 3 times in a row etc. it is amazingly frustrating. i really wish devs could decide on one recovery to focus on so all the geniuses could put their heads together and make the user experience much better. i don't know much about it, but the impression that i've gotten is that it's a pissing contest from devs not actual dev preference due to functionality.

druss2001

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with 2.0.0.5? Every time I flash it and try to boot into recovery it hangs at the Motorola M forever. Literally, if I let it, or at least until the battery ran out. I flashed down to 2.0.0.3 and everything is fine again.

I have the same issue, updated to 2.0.0.5 and trying to boot, phone just hangs at Motorola M. How did you get it to flash back since the phone sat at the Motorola M?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
When I had that issue I just set the phone down and eventually it booted after hanging at the end. I'm on a 2.2 rom and have had all the issues here happen to me. Whenever I can when something errors out that's not my fault within cw I go under the advanced menu and create an error log to send back to Koushik. Last time I did he released a fix for it a few hours later and emailed me back letting me know the issue I specifically logged him (not being able to backup or restore) was a 2.2 issue and that he updated rom manager with the fix. Now the latest update solved all my problems but that may be that he used my error log as reference so the fix was kinda tailored made...get it? So yeah if you can, send the error log to him. If you can't get into clockwork to create the log then try flashing different recoveries until you can. Eventually it should work.

Oh yeah...when I was hanging on the M it did take a long time to finally boot so just stick the phone down for 10 minutes and cross your fingers...

Droidee

Reaction score
Hi Rescue Squad. I have, of course, a newbie question. I was once able to listen to my droid's music as soon as I attached the USB cord. That is no longer working. Is there something I am doing wrong? Did froyo 2.2 have anything to do with that? Is there something I can do to fix it? OK, I had 3 newbie questions. LOL

Help!! I miss my droid music

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Double_D
So I've been all over the place trying to figure out how to fix this. It started happening after I installed the second FroYo 2.2 that was released.

Anyways, I open Rom Manager and hit 'Download Rom'. It says I need to update to the new version of Rom manager. It takes me to the market, and the download just sits there and does nothing. I hit Cancel, and it FC's. Try it a couple more time with the same result so I just left it like that for a while (days).

Finally I decide to go into my Applications under settings and uninstall it this way. That worked, then I go back to the market to re-download. Start the download, and it gets hung up again. Download bar makes no progress. So I leave it there for a day. Come back the next day, still sitting there. Can't press 'Cancel Download' or it just FC's. Now I am totally stuck.

HELP!!!!

This is my exact issue. I can't cancel the download, re-boot doesn't help, killing all apps doesn't help.....Market just continues to "work" on downloading without ever finishing. A couple times it said download completed but failed to install. ?????

brbheels

Reaction score
I'm totally stuck. Running bb .2.1 and after trying to install a different chevy kernel, i have major issues. At first I couldn't get Titanium to restore anything and no matter what I flashed for a rom or kernel it wouldn't actually take after rebooting. Now, I cannot boot into recovery, it just sits at the m forever. Titanium backup flat out does nothing. I try to restore and it just sits at 0% for hours. I tried to download from market and nothing works. I can't even get ROM manager to download which is now gone. About 10% of my apps restored, but most of what I need I can't even get to download or restore from backup.... PLEASE HELP!!!

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
Just FYI...although my ROM manager "downloads" continuously the program itself is actually working fine. I have just been going about things normally except for waiting on that fix.

brbheels

Reaction score
I FINALLY got my phone back up!! I couldn't connect to RSD LITE even though it would launch when I connected. I couldn't mount the phone, it would just freeze and reboot. I couldn't get anything to download from the market, including rom manager and an update to titanium. I pulled the sd card and rebooted. I was then able to download the titanium update. I reinstalled the sd card, rebooted, and low and behold everything came back! I can only believe that apps2sd is causing major issues...dancedroid

ecfiffer

Reaction score
sadly its nice to know i'm not the only one having issues with clockwork. i'm ganna chat it up with the dev and see what their take it with my issue. for me, i installed rom manger, inside rom manger flashed clockwork and then (paid for the lic) downloaded chey's 4.2 rom and flashed from there. i'd just like to be able to flash his ULV kernels and other fixes but i cant get into recovery for any thing. was told on my thread i started (before finding this one) to try a different build. looks like 2.0.0.3 might be the fix for me. and i will have to try that before i head to bed.