Clockwork Recovery Not Staying On Flash

seriousfix

Reaction score
I had several ROMs on my Droid. The other night I reset it to rooted 2.1. Now, when I try to get into CW I get a Triangle with a ! in it. This is the really odd thing. I can reflash CW and it will work once. The time I try after that I get that Triangle !. This also happens with SPR. The first time it will work ... and then nothing.

I tried uninstalling RM, reflashing CW and same thing. I downgraded CW and nothing. I bounced from old versions, tried them and nothing, back to new CW and nothing. Sometimes it actually flashes and other times is states that it was flashed but the yellow bar never showed up and it states that only a second after I start.

Please help.

I searched the forums but did not see this exact issue. I also tried wiping cache and nothing. My Droid works fine, but I can not put any custom ROMs on it without CW.

Thank you.

rjax

Reaction score
In the Settings for ROM Manager, do you have the box checked for Erase Recovery?

OP
S

seriousfix

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to fix this? At this point I feel my phone is unROMable. Is this true?

Please help. I really need wireless tether.

Thank you.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to fix this? At this point I feel my phone is unROMable. Is this true?

Please help. I really need wireless tether.

Thank you.

Have you tried the ole "Flash SpRecovery and then re-flash Clockwork" thing yet?

Also you might try using the Fix Permissions option in Rom Manager.

OP
S

seriousfix

Reaction score
Tried the flash and reflash to no avail. Just tried fix permissions and nothing. Also tried to flash and reflash after fixing permissions. It only works once and then there is no more recovery. While flashing it doesn't even look like it's doing anything.

I feat I am stuck with stock.

Thank you.

mofofoodstamp

Reaction score
flash recovery never takes

I have a stock motorola droid 1, I did the manual 2.2 update which may change before verizon does a complete over the air update.

After that I used easy root put on busybox and rom manager and downloaded premium too for what ever price it was.

I ran it and flashed clockwork recovery and booted into it from the rom manager menuw. But it seems temporary, I did everything from flashing back and forth between spr and cw recovery, turned on erase recovery, and keep flashing again and again it keeps reverting back to the regular recovery and it scares me, i don't want to flash a new rom before I trust cw recovey to be there when I need it.

The only thing I didn't do is fix permissions and I would hope to have it qork before mucking with that.

OP
S

seriousfix

Reaction score
this is how i fixed this. i simply installed another rom knowing that the first reboot would kick into clockwork ... hoping actually. and it worked. back in business. quite a fright.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk