Cannot reboot into recovery... HELP!

fishfood

Reaction score
Hopefully I can find a solution to this problem. I just flashed CyanogenMod 5.0.7 from the test-1 version of 5.0.7, and now I cannot reboot into recovery. All I get when I try is a perpetual "M" logo... After a battery pull, I am able to boot into my newly flashed version of CM, but cannot get into recovery by any means (tried ROM Manager, Quickboot, and holding the "X" key down when turning on the handset.) Also noticed that I can't seem to do a factory reset, either. When I try from Settings/Privacy/Factory Reset, all I get is a reboot to my current settings.

Any input to a relative noob would be greatly appreciated!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you try using ROM Manager to install a different ROM?

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
Try a battery pull when its starting up on the. Moto symbol, yhat should work then try to put it in recovery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just installed a rom that did the same thing I have to rsdlite it

OP
fishfood

fishfood

Reaction score
MBK: I did try installing a different ROM, but it always has to go into CM Recovery to install it, and when it tries, it freezes on the "M"

DROIDMODDER: Pulling the battery is my only option at that point, and when I did attempt to enter recovery by long pressing "X", it just freezes again...

... and to the last response (sorry, I didn't remember your screen name!) what is "RSDing?"

Thanks to all of you responding!

Hiroller173

Reaction score
Here also.

Started by updating clockwork recovery per update suggestion. Once 5.0.7 was installed, wanted to reinstall bekit 7-slot 1.0. When Rom Manager reboots, just the M. After battery pull, reboots with stock kernel. Rom Manager manual CR sticks on M again.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
I'd say CR got hosed, you could either try flashing it back on via ROM Manager, or flashing SPRecovery on via RSDLite, then try to put CR back on via ROM Manager.

-Mike

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I installed a rom (MyDroidWorld) from here and I could not reboot into recovery. If you made a nandroid backup make a copy and put it on your desktop just in case (will save you time). Back up all apps with titanium.

Then follow rsdlite 2.1 sprecovery. Now I will admit I was against it because I did not want to see pete 81 so at first I was going to go the long way by installing 2,01. Ok I will admit that it was stupid, took forever, and accidently clicked installed for the 2.1 ota. So I had to use rsdlite again to flash the 2.1 sprecovery. It worked and I was able to use it to reinstall my 2.1 rom that I had backed up (so it now says 2.1 ota ese 81 update 1 (like it did before)).

For the person asking about rsdlite.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Kmart95

Reaction score
Here also.

Started by updating clockwork recovery per update suggestion. Once 5.0.7 was installed, wanted to reinstall bekit 7-slot 1.0. When Rom Manager reboots, just the M. After battery pull, reboots with stock kernel. Rom Manager manual CR sticks on M again.
So that makes two people who have had the same problem with 5.0.7.? Can someone who has 5.0.7. on their phone verify that they can boot into recovery before i go install this on my phone because i really dont want this happening to me!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here also.

So that makes two people who have had the same problem with 5.0.7.? Can someone who has 5.0.7. on their phone verify that they can boot into recovery before i go install this on my phone because i really dont want this happening to me!

3 if you include me. Seems as if the rom I installed..the guy used 5.07 and just themed it and added his little touch.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Here also.

Make that 4 people. I installed Cyanogen 5.07 last night. At first I was able to boot into recovery. I even made a couple of backups using Clockwork. Now I can't boot into recovery at all. I didn't make any modifications and can't figure out what caused to no longer boot into recovery. I tried everything but I'm stuck on the "M". My last option is RSD Lite. I'll let you know if that works.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here also.

Make that 4 people. I installed Cyanogen 5.07 last night. At first I was able to boot into recovery. I even made a couple of backups using Clockwork. Now I can't boot into recovery at all. I didn't make any modifications and can't figure out what caused to no longer boot into recovery. I tried everything but I'm stuck on the "M". My last option is RSD Lite. I'll let you know if that works.

Rsdlite worked for me..hopefully you have similar success.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
talked to the dev of the rom that caused me the prob. Koush is aware of the issue...apparently it is being caused by RM. Koush is pushing an update to fix the issue.

samiusmc

Reaction score

Rsdlite worked for me..hopefully you have similar success.

RSD Lite did work. Thanks for your support!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
talked to the dev of the rom that caused me the prob. Koush is aware of the issue...apparently it is being caused by RM. Koush is pushing an update to fix the issue.

hopefully that prevents a large scale stuckidness, (new word!)