Cannot reboot into recovery... HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by fishfood, May 25, 2010.

1. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Eeeek. Thats awful...
  2. P!X3L

P!X3L New Member

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one however I can't get RSD to flash SPRecovery_for_ESE81.sbf

At first I got a "Can not flash" error and now when I load up RSD Lite and select the sbf file the start button remains gray.

I never updated to 2.1 OTA. I was on droidmod1.0 (using SPR0.99.3b) for a while until I flashed Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 (first flashed clockwork recovery via rom manager) and then 5.0.7. I noticed that I actually got into recovery a couple times but all updates failed with an unsigned error. I flashed SPR via rom manager and tried but I just got the bootloop. I then flashed CWR and still all I got was the same bootloop.

So is there any other file I can try to flash via RSD Lite or command line or adb? anything I can do to get my recovery back?! Thanks to anyone with a suggestion!
  3. fishfood

fishfood New Member

TO ALL THOSE SUFFERING FROM THE LOSS OF THEIR RECOVERY:

I just updated my RM to the latest version ( I think he just released it today, as pilotcharles mentioned earlier...) and reflashed the latest CR and it worked! Now hopefully I can restore my nandroid so my phone will once again be something I can show off! Thanks a TON to everyone replying to this post and good luck!
  4. P!X3L

P!X3L New Member

I can confirm this works... even in my f*cked up scenario above. Thanks for the tip man! Now I can continue enjoying 5.0.7!!!
  5. machineheadg2r

machineheadg2r New Member

How did you use rsd to move the sprecovery2.1 rooted if its an update.zip? It only lets me open sbf?
  6. machineheadg2r

ok wrong file, found a .sbf
  7. machineheadg2r

Ok, rsd restarted my phone and it got stuck in the same boot loop :(
  8. machineheadg2r

ok stock 2.0.1 is working! Better then nothing :) Now i gotta root and rom it
  9. P!X3L

P!X3L New Member

To anyone who still has this problem, don't mess around with RSD Lite if you don't know what you're doing. Just update ROM Manager via market and reflash the clockwork recovery. You can also update to 5.0.7.1 if you want although I think that just fixes the 3d gallery on the nexus.
  10. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ha. If we all knew what we were doing we wouldn't be here posting questions and answers:)

RSD is an easy to use tool, but for this issue RM needed updating. Prior to updating and wanting a functional phone RSD was the answer. It's worth figuring out how to use it if you bounce from rom to rom. Just look at all the folks who have gotten stuck at various times. It's the one tool that time and again has saved someone's phone.
  11. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I was a skeptic....that was where me and christim was at odds was over rsdlite...but when this happened I went to christim's signature and I now have a different view about rsdlte. Not aying its should be the first solution. Because I tried everything from flashing another rom to trying to use rm to flash sprecovery. The only solution at the time was rsdlite.
  12. bigsal82

bigsal82 New Member

i didnt have any problems but my brother did. so ill just check and see if theres a rom manager update... i really dont feel like using rsd lite again on his phone. thats a nerve racking experience
  13. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Not being able to reboot into Recovery until RM was updated, and not knowing it needed updating until the issue cropped up for a bunch of people and PC talked to Koush would be way more nerve wracking to me.

What was so nerve wracking for you?
  14. bigsal82

bigsal82 New Member

I got it working now. I'm no expert at these things but people made the whole rsd lite thing sound very scary so yea it was nerve wracking or whatever at first.

After that experience I'll probably just back to doing it manually. I see ur point christim
Search tags for this page

cannot reboot in recovery using 4.2.2

rom manager reboot problem