Droid wont recover. Need help...big time..

Delaney64

Reaction score
I have a rooted D1 droid with cynogen mod 6.12. I have updated to 6.12 a few weeks ago and has worked fine until last night. The clockwork mod has stopped working completey. In fact, any sort of recovery setting just normally reboots the phone. When the phone reboots it completely skips the splash screens and just goes straight to the home screen. I cannot factory reset, reboot in recovery, or back up. Is there anything I can do to fix this...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From rom manager flash spr and then CW. Continue to flash CW until it completes install on 5-6 seconds. Should be fine then

Sent from my Droid

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
in RM, go down to the "flash alternate recovery" option, and press it. that will flash SPRecovery. then select "install ClockworkMod recovery". if you don't get a "successfully flashed recovery" message within 3-5 seconds, then repeat the process of flash SPR and then CWM. it can take several times doing so for CWM to "take".

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash spr?

Sorry I was at lunch. Here's the full story:

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

OP
D

Delaney64

Reaction score
I stupidly unrooted my phone using z4root thinking I could reroot with that same program. And of course it is not rerooting now... I cannot use any sort of recovery mod and I have been suggested to SBF my phone...is there another app I could use to root?
I am stuck in limbo here using Cyanogen mod 6.12, 2.2.1 froyo, unrooted. ahh ><

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
D

Delaney64

Reaction score
My phone does not boot in to the boot loader..

missjamie

Reaction score
I am trying to restore a back up and when I go into clockwordmod recovery, I am getting an error "can not mount data. Phone will not boot at all. Its stuck on the unrevoked screen. I tried to recover the system in sections, but data still fails

Last edited:

brando56894

Reaction score
@Delaney: It seems like your only option is to use an SBF

@Miss Jamie: what kind of phone do you have?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am trying to restore a back up and when I go into clockwordmod recovery, I am getting an error "can not mount data. Phone will not boot at all. Its stuck on the unrevoked screen. I tried to recover the system in sections, but data still fails

On your pc, download a rom that you like and put it on the sdcard (you can pull the card and put it in a card reader if you have to. The boot into CW recovery and install the new rom.

missjamie

Reaction score
@Delaney: It seems like your only option is to use an SBF

@Miss Jamie: what kind of phone do you have?
I managed to find an old backup of my sd card on my PC and copied over to the sd card after formating. It got me thru. However, when the phone rebooted ( incredible) it looked like a stock unrooted phone. I then was able to go back in and install Gingerbread 5 (what I was running before. Everything was back to normal. But not leaving all things alone, I went back into rom manager and downloaded Gingerbread 7. With the download, it also downloaded Google apps. After the reboot, Google kept popping up with 2 options. Force close or report. I think reporting to Google was the last thing I needed to do. I am sure the google apps that downloaded would have fixed the problem but I couldn't find where the file was. Sooo now I am going to now wait to find out how to get around this before I try to install version 7 again.

OP
D

Delaney64

Reaction score
Is there any way install the update.zip files through the terminal emulater? My phones recovery menu is shot