HELP: Stuck at M logo

Big Ry

Reaction score
I was running a modified cyanogen 5.0.7 ROM, but it was running like total crap so i decided to try another. I went into Clockwork and partitioned system/boot/data/etc 2 times, and also wiped cache and factory reset twice. now the stock OS wont load. i need to get into ROM manager to download a new ROM...

NoKz

Reaction score
When you install a ROM, there is no "stock OS" left on there. When you wipe the data, the phone is blank. So you need to load a new ROM or recover a previous one from a Nandroid backup. Download a ROM VIA your computer and put it on the root of your SD card and install it. Try...

Bugless Beast:
Download

If you need instructions on how to accomplish this, let me know.

Last edited:
OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
When you install a ROM, there is no "stock OS" left on there. When you wipe the data, the phone is blank. So you need to load a new ROM or recover a previous one from a Nandroid backup. Download a ROM VIA your computer and put it on the root of your SD card and install it. Try...

Bugless Beast:
Download

every single other time i did this it loaded an OS...

NoKz

Reaction score
When I wipe, it never does. LOL. I have to load a ROM. Then again, I don't rely on apps to do the work. :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bugless Beast:
Download

What were you coming from when you accomplished this before?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
When I wipe, it never does. LOL. I have to load a ROM. Then again, I don't rely on apps to do the work. :)
ive actually only used RM a couple times, every other one was a ZIP

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score

Bugless Beast:
Download

What were you coming from when you accomplished this before?
somewhere between UD10, BB1.0, and my most recent CM ROM

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So when you did that before, you must've applied a zip after you wiped, b/c there's no way to simply revert back to the stock OS just by wiping. Once you flash a ROM, whatever was there before is gone, it IS your OS. Like Nokz said, give that a shot and you should be up and running in a few minutes!

edit: or, if you were using Rom Manager, you chose to flash 2.1 within Rom Manager and it did it for you...

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
So when you did that before, you must've applied a zip after you wiped, b/c there's no way to simply revert back to the stock OS just by wiping. Once you flash a ROM, whatever was there before is gone, it IS your OS. Like Nokz said, give that a shot and you should be up and running in a few minutes!

edit: or, if you were using Rom Manager, you chose to flash 2.1 within Rom Manager and it did it for you...
well, this is definitely not what happened. ive wiped before and powered up before installing any new ROM. im not saying that you guys are wrong, im just saying it has DEFINITELY gone that was in the past more than one time. perhaps my droid isnt working correctly...which i already suspected.

anyway, i just DL a new ROM and will load it in CW. thanx