Boot Manager with Galaxy Nexus Support

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
gflam any word on what you see in my log file?

I apologize went to a hockey game with my dad and in the car right now on my way to go snowboarding I'll take a look at it when I get back tonight. I'll skim it right now on my phone though see if anything jumps out

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

eyetek

Reaction score
Well I am having exactly the same issue as BOA, I have watched the video and read everything I can find...24 hours of working on this. I have a Nexus and have noticed a bug in Boot Manager, when I go to flash a ROM in slot1 and push the install zip...I select the ROM zip from my SD card I want to install and then the window pops up and asks if I want to flash the name of the ROM's zip into....ROM7 or ROM 4 when I am clearly in ROM1 slot. I cancel and start over and then it recognizes that I am in fact in ROM1 slot.

Funny thing was I was looking at the folders in the BootManger and in fact it had created a folder for ROM7 and deleted the folder for ROM1

I have uninstalled the app and re installed it twice...actually deleting the BootManager folder from my SD card so it would create a new one.

One other thing and I am not sure if its because I am using a Nexus....I know some options were removed from the app when it recognizes the phone is a Nexus but I have never seen the window for the Ext2/4 and I do not see where I can change the size of the partition for each slot for larger ROMs.

I have tried multiple slots and multiple different ROMs...three different ones that are verified to run on this app on a Nexus device.
I can verify that the app is creating .img files and a update.zip but funny thing is that when I attempt to use it in recovery mode to see if the phone will boot up I get the same boot loop issue as if I attempt to boot from within the app after flashing the ROM.

View attachment 46690

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The first time that I had problems, after an uninstall I noticed that the boot manager folder was still on SD card. I deleted it and reinstalled then program behaved normally! Just a suggestion!

eyetek

Reaction score
The first time that I had problems, after an uninstall I noticed that the boot manager folder was still on SD card. I deleted it and reinstalled then program behaved normally! Just a suggestion!

Interesting...I also uninstalled and then went back and deleted the folder and reinstalled the app and just finished flashing Liquid Ice into ROM1 slot and it worked!
I did still have issues with it not recognizing the correct slot the first time...I think it thought I was in slot 4 but I backed out and started the process over and it saw ROM1 slot...well It worked so now I will attempt to flash another ROM and see if that solved my problem.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i bought BM when i had my OG, but could never get it to work quite right (it was a refurb'd phone) - dang glad i kept it, tho. got the GNex now, and looking to do some flashing!

i'm assuming, and PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, that i can set my Phone ROM up as stock/rooted ICS, and then install custom roms in the other slots??

eyetek

Reaction score
i bought BM when i had my OG, but could never get it to work quite right (it was a refurb'd phone) - dang glad i kept it, tho. got the GNex now, and looking to do some flashing!

i'm assuming, and PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong, that i can set my Phone ROM up as stock/rooted ICS, and then install custom roms in the other slots??

That's my setup...I am using Franco's Stock Root ICL53F Rom as my PhoneRom and then load up the good stuff from there!

mr.marcus

Reaction score
Anyone using the GNex that has had consistent results with this?

I've tried 3x to get a rom installed. Even tried different rom's and still boot loop. Yes watched entire video plenty of times and checked all three options b4 installing .zip. After installing zip slot isn't empty so rom is there it just won't boot to it. Also phone rom is set up and is original Gnex rom unlocked/rooted. Any ideas??

BOA

Reaction score
It's starting to appear that the problem is not just isolated to me and that I'm not dumb after all!1 LOL. Clearly there's something wrong with the build for our phone. We just need to pinpoint what the problem is and why it affects some and not others. Hopefully the devs will figure this out soon. So far I've been unable to use this app which sucks. I love flashing ROM's... I think I have some issues! lol

mr.marcus

Reaction score
Man I feel the same way. This suck that I can't use Boot Manager. I change rom's like I change drawz lol. I'm msg dev now to see if they can help.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i tried it for the first time (on my GNex, at least), and it worked pretty much flawlessly. the only issue i had was that my apps didn't sync/download from the mkt. but, i have TiBu, so no big deal. now running some GummyNex Black Exodus!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep. No issues for me either. Perfect install every time. This is really nice because I can keep my daily driver and try out new ROMs all the time. Currently running Gummy as a daily and am giving Apex a run in slot 1. I'm thinking about loading up AOKP Milestone 3 and the Liquid Beta as well.

mr.marcus

Reaction score
Can someone provide some support on this PLEASE????
Well I figured it out with the help of the dev. I uninstalled BootManager. Installed from dev link http://goo.gl/xQR5u

IMO my phone rom su binaries would not update. Install/re-install Superuser, update binaries. Then downloaded busybox from market http://goo.gl/miOqP

Now I've got GummyNex as my phone rom, slot 1 AOKP milestone 3, slot 2 "bout to try foxhound Black Edition.
Hope this helps someone else...

BOA

Reaction score
I'll have to try that too then because obviously it doesn't like something on my phone. Where's the best place to get support on this app? Obviously it's not here. I was hoping he could look at my logs and provide some input.