Netflix Updated for New Devices, DROID3 on the list

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Do get too excited, they just doubled their fees.

Bye Bye Netflix!

Mine "doubled"...cost went from $14.99 a month to $19.99 a month. Wait a minute, for it to "double", it would have gone to $29,98. It didn't ...so it didn't double.

I blame the price increase on the movie studios asking for more money for their product. Face it.....the only cost that increased for Netflix was the cost of acquiring movies to send us in the mail and over the net for us to stream. If you don't think that's true......the contract N* had with Sony/Starz spelled out how many times they could stream their movies during the term of the contract. N* hit the target faster than anyone thought...so they had to pull the titles. Now Sony/Starz is going to want more $$$ because they have a better idea of how many times their movies will be seen.

The movie studios will ruin the movie business just like the record companies ruined the music business when they were unable or too greedy to adapt to developing technologies.
WOW you were paying $14.99 a month!? For what? Cause I was paying just under $11.00

Yes I am sorry, I rounded and said doubled.

Bottom line, streaming, $7.99 a month, DVD rental, 7.99 a month....$15.98 to watch a few movies on demand and wait for a DVD to be delivered.

I was paying $14.99 a month (plus tax) for 2 discs at a time and streaming. Heck may have been $15.99 a month (plus tax)....if so my plan is only going up $4 a month.

Depending on what I want to do in any given month I can switch plans back and forth to/from disc only or streaming only ($11.99 and $7.99) or just eat the $5 a month. That's about what it costs me to go to Mcdonald's for coffee once a month.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Installed and playing on my TB just fine.

I am rooted and running Liquid Gingerbread.

BenLand: You don't have to sign out of the mobile app to watch a movie on your computer, you just need to close the mobile app. Better yet, once on your computer, they may have saved your place in the movie if you're still watching it. :)

Really? Nice! That's pretty sweet. I'll definitely be signing up tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Herbules

Reaction score
Running a stock TBolt, but hopefully not for long... and it refuses to play any movie.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
It doesn't work on the Droid 3 or the Droid Charge or the HTC Thunderbolt from what I've been reading (these are all stock phones).

Looking at the Market they are saying Netflix 1.3 (listed as below the supported device list) but the app that downloads is Netflix 1.2.2xxxxxx

I'm wondering if the Market info was updated but the wrong app was placed?

Reaction score
I've been waiting for Netflix since I got my TBolt in March and now that I'm about to cancel my streaming in a month due to the price increase it's finally released!

Chocula78

Reaction score
I was hoping to see support for Samsung Galaxy SII as an indicator it would be coming soon. Sigh, I guess I will still be waiting a little longer.

I wrote an extensive post on my G+ account about the Netflix increase. I wouldn't mind it so much IF the streaming library's quality improved. It was a big deal when Iron Man 2 started streaming, but there hasn't been any major blockbuster since that I want to see.

I will be downgrading to streaming only. Netflix is still, hands down, THE BEST STREAMING SERVICE ON THE INTERNET. $8/month for unlimited streaming of that extensive library can't be beat. Yeah, the quality of the selection is meh, but it is still huge. Great for those of us who love watching older shows like Buffy and X-files.

The other $8 I am saving will be spent renting DVD's from Red box. I get a new DVD from Netflix every 4th day if I am good about watching them the day they arrive. This is the equivalent of 7.5 movies/month. But with my lack of ability to watch DVD's the day they arrive, I get about 5 or 6 a month. So, I will just spend my money at Redbox.

Also, you can find free rental codes for Redbox all over the internet. Just use google.

Netlfix wants to head more towards streaming. Their biggest expense is shipping DVD's, so the profit margins on streaming are much higher. If more people stream and less rent DVD's, then I think Netflix will spend more to improve the quality of its streaming selection.

/rant.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
It doesn't work on the Droid 3 or the Droid Charge or the HTC Thunderbolt from what I've been reading (these are all stock phones).

Looking at the Market they are saying Netflix 1.3 (listed as below the supported device list) but the app that downloads is Netflix 1.2.2xxxxxx

I'm wondering if the Market info was updated but the wrong app was placed?

Damn...hadn't noticed THAT.....

Aiesline

Reaction score
Green pixilated screen then a reboot anytime I try to actually stream something on a Droid 3. Hope they fix it soon :)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Anyone know if it runs on CM7? HuluPlus doesn't work on my DX with CM7. Has to be stock phone. Is it the same with Netflix?