Netflix Updated for New Devices, DROID3 on the list

km75

Reaction score
Finally official support for my droid 2!!

Still says 7.99?

And alright, thanks! Good to know. Wanted to make sure I can't only just watch it on my phone.

The email I got from them said that the price changes go into effect on September 1st. They are splitting the instant watch from the one dvd plan and they will both be 7.99 making it 15.98 a month now instead of the 11.99 or whatever it was.
Ah.. I hate double posting, but it doesn't let me "edit" my post.

Anyways, so one or the other is 7.99, and both would be 15.98? Or you have to do both now? Because I'm completely just fine with streaming only. I can use Red Box for DVD's.

You don't have to have both. You can just pay 7.99 for streaming.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

revenge8

Reaction score
Droid Bionic is supported eh?

considering its not even out yet, thats pretty nice.. does netflix know something about it that we dont?

btw netflix, not happy about the price raises.. way to treat longtime loyal customers. update your app to work on my asus transformer and then ill consider forgiving you.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally official support for my droid 2!!

The email I got from them said that the price changes go into effect on September 1st. They are splitting the instant watch from the one dvd plan and they will both be 7.99 making it 15.98 a month now instead of the 11.99 or whatever it was.

Anyways, so one or the other is 7.99, and both would be 15.98? Or you have to do both now? Because I'm completely just fine with streaming only. I can use Red Box for DVD's.

Sounds good to me. If you ask me, the price up is good. I just got done reading it's because 1, liscening is getting more expensive and 2, it'll give more choices for movies when streaming instead of having to use DVD's to get the good new releases.

km75

Reaction score

Sounds good to me. If you ask me, the price up is good. I just got done reading it's because 1, liscening is getting more expensive and 2, it'll give more choices for movies when streaming instead of having to use DVD's to get the good new releases.

I hear you on that. I dont have a problem with the price at all. Now once hulu is supported on our devices I will be good to go.

g_what

Reaction score

considering its not even out yet, thats pretty nice.. does netflix know something about it that we dont?
That's exactly what I was thinking. Just one more piece of evidence that the Bionic will be out soon.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

That's exactly what I was thinking. Just one more piece of evidence that the Bionic will be out soon.

That, or Netflix has a time machine....

Im leaning towards the time machine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pappabacon

Reaction score
Downloaded it for thunderbolt, but it won't play.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SteveIrv

Reaction score
The Droid 2 is on the list as compatible. The Droid D2G is missing from the list. But......the marketplace this evening announced that the D2G is a compatible device and does the download and install.

But.......it doesn't work. Loads up the main screen and allows you to start streaming a title. You get a black screen, audio running VERY fast, and in about 1/2 a second takes you back to the main screen.

Guess someone over at Netflix (or the Marketplace, or both) didn't realize that the the D2 and the D2G aren't the same phone.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Do get too excited, they just doubled their fees.

Bye Bye Netflix!

Mine "doubled"...cost went from $14.99 a month to $19.99 a month. Wait a minute, for it to "double", it would have gone to $29,98. It didn't ...so it didn't double.

I blame the price increase on the movie studios asking for more money for their product. Face it.....the only cost that increased for Netflix was the cost of acquiring movies to send us in the mail and over the net for us to stream. If you don't think that's true......the contract N* had with Sony/Starz spelled out how many times they could stream their movies during the term of the contract. N* hit the target faster than anyone thought...so they had to pull the titles. Now Sony/Starz is going to want more $$$ because they have a better idea of how many times their movies will be seen.

The movie studios will ruin the movie business just like the record companies ruined the music business when they were unable or too greedy to adapt to developing technologies.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's not working correctly on my D3. The phone streams but it's green for some reason.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Atook

Reaction score
Installed and playing on my TB just fine.

I am rooted and running Liquid Gingerbread.

BenLand: You don't have to sign out of the mobile app to watch a movie on your computer, you just need to close the mobile app. Better yet, once on your computer, they may have saved your place in the movie if you're still watching it. :)

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Do get too excited, they just doubled their fees.

Bye Bye Netflix!

Mine "doubled"...cost went from $14.99 a month to $19.99 a month. Wait a minute, for it to "double", it would have gone to $29,98. It didn't ...so it didn't double.

I blame the price increase on the movie studios asking for more money for their product. Face it.....the only cost that increased for Netflix was the cost of acquiring movies to send us in the mail and over the net for us to stream. If you don't think that's true......the contract N* had with Sony/Starz spelled out how many times they could stream their movies during the term of the contract. N* hit the target faster than anyone thought...so they had to pull the titles. Now Sony/Starz is going to want more $$$ because they have a better idea of how many times their movies will be seen.

The movie studios will ruin the movie business just like the record companies ruined the music business when they were unable or too greedy to adapt to developing technologies.
WOW you were paying $14.99 a month!? For what? Cause I was paying just under $11.00

Yes I am sorry, I rounded and said doubled.

Bottom line, streaming, $7.99 a month, DVD rental, 7.99 a month....$15.98 to watch a few movies on demand and wait for a DVD to be delivered.

FnTwizted

Reaction score
Installed and playing on my TB just fine.

I am rooted and running Liquid Gingerbread.

BenLand: You don't have to sign out of the mobile app to watch a movie on your computer, you just need to close the mobile app. Better yet, once on your computer, they may have saved your place in the movie if you're still watching it. :)

I and most of the rooting community know u can use it on non official I was refering to the non side.