Boot Manager with Galaxy Nexus Support

jawonder

Reaction score
Hmmm either missed it or it didn't ask me witch extensions I wanted to use. Booting new ROM now; I'll see how it goes.

If have installed a rom there before and did not clear the slot it will not ask about extension it will just ask if you want to overwrite .

BOA

Reaction score
It was a new install though but I was getting that license check failed error. The ROM seems to be working fine though. Thanks for responding...

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Phone has serious lag when creating first two files

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yea those system and data.imgs can be a killer what's good though is after you've made them you can just overwrite them next time just check the wipes and install over it then the imgs don't have to be made and the install will be like a third of the time easy

lfylove

Reaction score
I installed gapps and boot manager keeps getting permission? Keeps coming up and coming up really annoying

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WyldRyce

Reaction score
This is an incredible app for us people that constantly flashes multiple roms. Definitely worth the price. One thing I'm having problem with though is SMS and call log syncing. Anyone has this working fine?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is an incredible app for us people that constantly flashes multiple roms. Definitely worth the price. One thing I'm having problem with though is SMS and call log syncing. Anyone has this working fine?

You know to be honest I myself have never even used it conap actually wrote that one in and I never even tried it ha I'll give it a whirl today and let you know how it works for me

Although I would think it might take a couple of seconds to happen since I'm pretty sure he wrote that into our on media mounted receiver meaning it would happen until the sd mounted after booting

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had to enable the "keep screen on during install" option to get ROMs installed. Just to clarify for those having problems :
As far as your SD slots go, choose install zip then you MUST check the 3 boxes to wipe. If the ROM requires a gapps flash, choose the same SD slot and install zip. Find your gapps and choose it but leave the 3 boxes UNCHECKED! Great app guys, my Nexus is thankful! Patiently awaiting the Sourcery release!

jawonder

Reaction score
Installs on the Galaxy Nexus is very fast about 3 times as faster than the Thunderbolt and the Roms runs very smooth it's like all the roms are PhoneRoms.

creaky

Reaction score
I had to enable the "keep screen on during install" option to get ROMs installed. Just to clarify for those having problems :
As far as your SD slots go, choose install zip then you MUST check the 3 boxes to wipe. If the ROM requires a gapps flash, choose the same SD slot and install zip. Find your gapps and choose it but leave the 3 boxes UNCHECKED! Great app guys, my Nexus is thankful! Patiently awaiting the Sourcery release!

How about flashing kernels? Can I assume it's the same process? I like to wipe Dalvik and Cache before install. Thanks....

Last edited:

jawonder

Reaction score
How about flashing kernels? Can I assume it's the same process? I like to wipe Dalvik and Cache before install. Thanks....
On my thunderbolt i just flash kernels without wiping anything and never had a problem, i haven't flash a kernel yet with the GNexus but i'll assume it's the same.

Update:- Just tried Franko's kernel on AOKP but it didn't install.

Last edited:

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Ok, I have 3 questions:
Once you install the rom with Boot Manager, can you delete the original zip or do you have to keep it?

Also, do you have to use the SD Booster option if you're using the GNexus?

Would all my files be shared throughout each rom?

joshp214

Reaction score
OK I installed a new rom in slot one and it installed fine. Now the phone keeps saying "boot manager has been granted superuser permissions" over and over

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! This app is awesome. I can't believe how smooth it runs even from the SD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jawonder

Reaction score
OK I installed a new rom in slot one and it installed fine. Now the phone keeps saying "boot manager has been granted superuser permissions" over and over
This happen to me too after i install Apex 1.0.1 in slot one i have roms in slot two and three and there's no problem with those slots . I also noticed that when i open BootManager slot one takes the longest to appear with the rom name and screen shot . Slot one is really acting funny. I'm gonna try Apex in a different slot when i get home to see what's going on because i'm stiil not able to return to phone rom from slot one when i press boot into phonerom i keep getting "BootManager has been granted superuser permission" and nothing happens i have to boot into recovery an flash updated zip, this only happen in slot one.

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just found one issue. The gapps don't have the dictionary included in them. Do we HAVE to use those gapps?

Edit: Also, slot 2 will no longer let me install anything. It instantly errors out. All other slots work though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited: