Boot Manager with Galaxy Nexus Support

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
DancingNexus We are glad to announce Boot Manager for the Galaxy Nexus by our very own Gflam and XDA's Conap DancingNexus

a8u41.jpg

If you're not familiar with this app yet, maybe it's time; imagine all of your different ROM set-ups right at your fingertips easily available with a simple reboot.

1f7akw.jpg

Including Galaxy Nexus support here are a few key changes you can expect to see...

• Infinite slots!
  • Galaxy Nexus Support
  • License Check extended to a week
  • Hide su toasts (superuser elite only)
  • Fix for force close when setting screen shot in MIUI rom's
  • Thunderbolt defaulted to force large boot.img
  • Fixed unsupported device using a key
  • Manually setting variables only accepts numbers
  • ICS Support
  • Sms and Call Log synced between ROMs (you choose what ones too)

...and with a list of supported devices this long it's not only for the Gnex users

• Galaxy Nexus
  • HTC Desire
  • HTC Desire HD
  • Htc Desire S
  • HTC Desire Z
  • Htc Evo 3D
  • HTC EVO 4G
  • HTC G2(aka Vision)
  • HTC Incredible 1
  • Htc Incredible 2
  • Htc Incredible S
  • HTC Inspire4g
  • HTC MyTouch 4G
  • HTC Nexus One
  • Htc Sensation
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • Motorola Droid 1
  • Motorola Droid 2
  • Motorola Droid 2 Global
  • Motorola Droid X

Developer Notes

Boot Manager is Android's first multi-booter application. It allows you to boot up to 5 ROMs on your phone and switch between them with just a reboot. Each ROM is completely separate in that they all have their own file-systems and all data is preserved on each ROM so it's like having 5 different phones.

About the Devs

Team Init 2 Winit Apps includes GFlam from DroidForums.net and Conap from forum.xda-developers.com. We are both self taught Android developers who love to do the impossible, and create original never before done applications such as Boot Manager and Boot RANDimations.

Conap-started developing rom's for the Droid Eris with his line of CELB rom's and kernels at XDAForums as well as working on some previous dual booting projects for Android and eventually moved on to coding apps for Android. He is self taught through the power of Google search, and by day works in Law Enforcement for the State of Delaware.

GFlam-started as a themer at Droid Forums but soon moved on to code by deving a ROM known as Sourcery along with Eagle1967 and later moved on to applications. He is currently a student at the University of Delaware and studying finance with future dreams of going to law school.

[video=youtube;bU0VJ1jmbx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0VJ1jmbx8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Market Link and be sure to check out Init 2 Winit's Site Here

Last edited by a moderator:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
===Update===
Newest gapps for Boot Manager
http://t.co/XqPidSb1

ICS Gapps for Boot Manager

Click Here

Forgot this for the changelog
You can resize ROMs so if you run out of space on your ROM you can just resize the img to get more space

Explanation for why we can't run install scripts
Basically we install the roms at /data/local/tmp so the path for say system would be /data/local/tmp/system during install however the scripts in these roms have the path /system so if we were to run them all the changes that those scripts would make would actually be made on your phone rom which is why roms that use those scripts or any zip can't be done the paths would be wrong and we'd end up messing up your phone rom.

Last edited:

jawonder

Reaction score
Ok got the update o 3.2 in phone market now, working on Galaxy nexus now.

captdroid

Reaction score
This is good news. I bought Boot Manager a while ago and could not use it effectively on the D1 (the sdcard was just to slow). I am looking forward to using Boot Manager finally on my Gnex! :biggrin:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry was skating :) i'll put the gapps that you should use in the second post give them a whirl i'd be surprised if they don't work

jawonder

Reaction score
Sorry was skating :) i'll put the gapps that you should use in the second post give them a whirl i'd be surprised if they don't work

So does this mean that add ons for Galaxy Nexus roms won't work either ?, for example softkey mods and battery icons .

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If they don't have scripts that run during install they'll work fine things like themes and what not should be fine link me a zip you're talking about and I'll be able to tell your right away but I assume it's just an update.zip that has images in it so it'll work fine

I'll post an explanation in a few in the second post why we can't run scripts that are supposed to be run during install

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

jawonder

Reaction score
If they don't have scripts that run during install they'll work fine things like themes and what not should be fine link me a zip you're talking about and I'll be able to tell your right away but I assume it's just an update.zip that has images in it so it'll work fine

I'll post an explanation in a few in the second post why we can't run scripts that are supposed to be run during install

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

GApps worked fine setting up my rom now and going to install a few more . Thanks