Boot Manager - Androids First Multi Boot Application

DavMar

Reaction score
Time wise - Is changing roms like a normal maybe a minute boot or more like an 8 minute restore process boot? Sounds like it's quick but want to be sure before i buy it... also how much additional space does it require on the sd card? thanks

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Time wise - Is changing roms like a normal maybe a minute boot or more like an 8 minute restore process boot? Sounds like it's quick but want to be sure before i buy it... also how much additional space does it require on the sd card? thanks

It's a normal boot. I have 3 ROMS installed, all I do is tell it boot this one, it reboots the phone and bam it's there!

leutbneot

Reaction score
Just bought this app for my (rapidly aging) D1... It's a great idea, I don't know why someone didn't think of it before. Can this run a stock version of the OS alongside Liquid and Simply Stunning and MIUI? If this app can pull that off, I swear to God it'll get ten of my friends to take the plunge and root their Droids. Most of them don't want to flash new ROMs because they're afraid they won't be able to "go back" to the familiar UI (which is totally idiotic to anyone who's already rooted and knows just how many improvements this awesome community has made on the stock Android OS, but people get stuck in their habits. As a great man once said, "We fear change").

Anyway, if this does everything I hope it does, I'm pretty sure you can count on a LOT of support from this community. Kudos.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
If only this was supported on my phone... then I'd have the comfort of a stable ROM and I'd finally try using CM7 even if it's still in a buggy beta phase. DAMN lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry chaos but locked boot loader you know how that is but we're going to try to get it supported as soon as we get a droid x we'll mess with that 2nd init stuff has that been done on your phone?

Also manual just finished for the app it can be found at
Boot Manager User Guide
Sorry it's in black and white pictures and all that fun stuff coming soon took a while to write in html is all

AndyMan

Reaction score
what is the correct way to set this up?

1) On stock rom rooted run setup
2) Flash non stock roms on slots?

Also, since you are selecting the roms for the slots, they dont need to be named update.zip, right?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what is the correct way to set this up?

1) On stock rom rooted run setup
2) Flash non stock roms on slots?

Also, since you are selecting the roms for the slots, they dont need to be named update.zip, right?

They never need to be named update zip whether its in recovery or through our app and you can be on whatever ROM makes you happy and flash whatever ROMs make you happy to the different slots just make sure to setup your phone ROM

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off!

Rebelxing123

Reaction score
This app is awesome, but it has also acted pretty glitchy for me. When I had Liquid Thunderbread in one of the slots, app kept saying that it expired. Also, all of my other apps besides GoSms and the ones that were preloaded kept force closing. Every single one of them. I rebooted, but my launcher started force closing as well, leaving me with no launcher. I was forced to reboot into recovery and flash a different rom. Any idea what happened?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This app is awesome, but it has also acted pretty glitchy for me. When I had Liquid Thunderbread in one of the slots, app kept saying that it expired. Also, all of my other apps besides GoSms and the ones that were preloaded kept force closing. Every single one of them. I rebooted, but my launcher started force closing as well, leaving me with no launcher. I was forced to reboot into recovery and flash a different rom. Any idea what happened?

Yea a lot of times things will force close usually a reboot will fix it, it doesn't happen a lot but the reboot usually helps as for expired is it about the beta stuff? that's do to a bad data connection we had that in before release but ended up forgetting to take it out :) but it's now out so that will be gone in the next release sorry about that lol but it won't happen if your data connection is good

AndyMan

Reaction score
Anyone know if Peter Alfonso's roms for D1 work? I tried installing and it asks if its ext 2 or 4, I tried 2, and then after a bit it says it wont work. Talked to Peter, and he said he didnt know because he hadnt heard of the app, but said if theres something he can switch to make it work to let him know..

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know if Peter Alfonso's roms for D1 work? I tried installing and it asks if its ext 2 or 4, I tried 2, and then after a bit it says it wont work. Talked to Peter, and he said he didnt know because he hadnt heard of the app, but said if theres something he can switch to make it work to let him know..

Dunno never tried using his ROM link of to the one you're trying

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.7ghz!

AndyMan

Reaction score

Dunno never tried using his ROM link of to the one you're trying

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.7ghz!

So an example would be whatever the latest update Pete Alfonso's Beta ROM Downloads is.. currently, its 8-2. It acts like it installed on slot 2, slot 1 is stock rooted. When I choose slot 2, after a few seconds, it pops up saying no rom installed on rom 2, even though it shows the name listed..