Boot Manager - Androids First Multi Boot Application

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know if Peter Alfonso's roms for D1 work? I tried installing and it asks if its ext 2 or 4, I tried 2, and then after a bit it says it wont work. Talked to Peter, and he said he didnt know because he hadnt heard of the app, but said if theres something he can switch to make it work to let him know..

Dunno never tried using his ROM link of to the one you're trying

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.7ghz!

So an example would be whatever the latest update Pete Alfonso's Beta ROM Downloads is.. currently, its 8-2. It acts like it installed on slot 2, slot 1 is stock rooted. When I choose slot 2, after a few seconds, it pops up saying no rom installed on rom 2, even though it shows the name listed..

I'll give it install and let you know how it goes and I'll check the ROM zip out been a while since I've run one of Pete's ROMs but do you have a boot.img in that slot?

AndyMan

Reaction score

So an example would be whatever the latest update Pete Alfonso's Beta ROM Downloads is.. currently, its 8-2. It acts like it installed on slot 2, slot 1 is stock rooted. When I choose slot 2, after a few seconds, it pops up saying no rom installed on rom 2, even though it shows the name listed..

I'll give it install and let you know how it goes and I'll check the ROM zip out been a while since I've run one of Pete's ROMs but do you have a boot.img in that slot?

no clue, I just started fresh today with a like new replacement. I rooted, then I ran the boot manager setup, which seems to have also created a spot for slot one. then I went to install rom, selected 8-2, chose slot 2, didnt select any of the clear boxes, and it "installed". then when it finished it asked if I wanted to run, I said to, and it just booted right into stock again, and then when I went to boot installed rom, and chose 8-2, thats when it said no rom is installed..

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

no clue, I just started fresh today with a like new replacement. I rooted, then I ran the boot manager setup, which seems to have also created a spot for slot one. then I went to install rom, selected 8-2, chose slot 2, didnt select any of the clear boxes, and it "installed". then when it finished it asked if I wanted to run, I said to, and it just booted right into stock again, and then when I went to boot installed rom, and chose 8-2, thats when it said no rom is installed..

Sounds like the boot img wasn't made use a file explorer like root explorer or any one for that matter or mount your SD card to your computer and check the folder /sdcard/BootManager/rom2 and let me know if theres a boot img there may have just been a random bad install but i'll check the rom out as well

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know if Peter Alfonso's roms for D1 work? I tried installing and it asks if its ext 2 or 4, I tried 2, and then after a bit it says it wont work. Talked to Peter, and he said he didnt know because he hadnt heard of the app, but said if theres something he can switch to make it work to let him know..

Aright so i downloaded 8-2 today and installed it to my sdcard via boot manager and it booted up fine no issues what so ever install went quick had zero problems so the rom is fine so i recommend sending us an email at [email protected] and we'll figure out what's up if you haven't already got it

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry yea check your pms

hf132071

Reaction score
I was stuck on the motorola M on og d1, had liquid 2.4 installed and when i tried to change to miui 1.8.12 (new sd install) i was stuck and had to reflash to get back to my phone? Any ideas what might have happened?:icon_eek: BTW no kernal updates.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was stuck on the motorola M on og d1, had liquid 2.4 installed and when i tried to change to miui 1.8.12 (new sd install) i was stuck and had to reflash to get back to my phone? Any ideas what might have happened?:icon_eek: BTW no kernal updates.

So wait u had liquid installed and tried to overwrite it with miui is that right? Did u select the wipes? And u knew how to get back to your phone rom right?

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.8ghz!

hf132071

Reaction score
So wait u had liquid installed and tried to overwrite it with miui is that right? Did u select the wipes? And u knew how to get back to your phone rom right?

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.8ghz!

i had forgot to make a new nandroid backup before i started on this project, it took 3 times before i was able to install the miui 1.8.12.zip. it works now, just need to get a faster sd card now :), so thanks again for a good product!!. any ideas on how to get og d1 faster with out overclocking?:)

hf132071

Reaction score
no i didn't try to overwrite my liquid install with miui, i choos miui 1.8.12 as the second slot, and had my liquid install as my phone rom. Yes, i did choose the wipes (new installs right ;)) But it took 3 times before the miui 1.8.12 would install correctly with your program, works now, just slow, as not sure what class card i have

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
no i didn't try to overwrite my liquid install with miui, i choos miui 1.8.12 as the second slot, and had my liquid install as my phone rom. Yes, i did choose the wipes (new installs right ;)) But it took 3 times before the miui 1.8.12 would install correctly with your program, works now, just slow, as not sure what class card i have

Out of curiosity, did you get any texts, emails, or phone calls while trying to install your roms? I had this happen to me a couple of times and the rom wouldn't load. Now I try to disable notifications before flashing. I'm not sure if I can do that with phone calls though. I also lock boot manager into memory, this seems to help and the installs go smoother most of the time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea the update right after this one should have a much better install process that texts and phone calls shouldn't distrub like they do now.

But an idea has been to format your card to get a better experience when running from your sd card. The idea is to move all your sdcard data over to your computer format the card to fix your bad blocks and delete all the junk stuff that builds up with time then move your data back also clean out these directories to gain some more space /sdcard/LOST.DIR and /sdcard/.Trash-1000 these things haven't been tested yet but formatting your card makes a lot of sense to me and conap if you wanted to give it a shot

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried to reformat the SD card yet but will sometime after getting off work. Only did it once before but that was months ago, took a while too and I had alot less files on it back then.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums