Best way to carry droid while running

jamsesh

Reaction score
I like to run and there are some great stats tracking apps in the market place. I was hoping for some advice from others about the best way to carry the phone around while running.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I like to run and there are some great stats tracking apps in the market place. I was hoping for some advice from others about the best way to carry the phone around while running.

In your pocket. A holster might not stay on secure enough while running, and holding it in your hand is a pretty bad idea.

If you don't have any pockets, carry some sort of backpack, or one of those girly "fanny packs". That should work just fine.

gdoane

Reaction score
I use a fanny pack with a concealed carry holster (CCW permit holder) when I'm out running, and the wired headset I got with the Droid for listening to it. The fanny pack doesn't interfere with the GPS any and if there's any trouble, the two things I want with me are my .380 and my Droid.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Putting the phone in any type of bag to carry around shouldn't affect the GPS much. Going inside building have a larger affect.

Personally, I would prefer a small backpack and a wireless Bluetooth headset.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a fanny pack with a concealed carry holster (CCW permit holder) when I'm out running, and the wired headset I got with the Droid for listening to it. The fanny pack doesn't interfere with the GPS any and if there's any trouble, the two things I want with me are my .380 and my Droid.

LOL now here's the guy wearing the fanny pack that you DON'T wanna piss off! LOL

SwordOfWar

Reaction score

LOL now here's the guy wearing the fanny pack that you DON'T wanna piss off! LOL

*goes and hides in a corner*

gdoane

Reaction score
Putting the phone in any type of bag to carry around shouldn't affect the GPS much. Going inside building have a larger affect.

Personally, I would prefer a small backpack and a wireless Bluetooth headset.

It's been my experience with the Droid that when I'm driving through the I-10 tunnel in Phoenix and it loses the signal (for obvious reasons, concrete and steel 8 foot thick can do that) it announces "GPS LOST". I've seen it do it in and out of car home mode.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Yeah, I expect tunnels or big buildings (such as wal-mart, target, etc..) would also cause problems, but thats not a big deal.

Who uses a GPS to navigate walmart? lol

All jokes aside, usually it pre-loads enough information to get you through any "bad or low signal" areas so most of the time you won't even notice it.

OP
J

jamsesh

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys. I'll make sure to avoid anyone running with a fanny pack from now on :)

s-one

Reaction score
I use that shell/holster combo from verizon. Its been working well on my daily 5 to 7 mile fast runs.

TheShaz

Reaction score
Who uses a GPS to navigate walmart?

Have you seen the SIZE of some of these Super Walmarts? Go in looking for a gallon of milk and I'm lost in the shoe section. A new app is needed...

:icon_ banana: MEGGA SHOPPING CENTER & MALL NAVIGATION :icon_ banana:

Trip

Reaction score
Something like this would work well for running, it straps on your arm.
f8m005-sml.jpg

You might have to cut out some of the plastic face so you can touch the actual screen on the droid since its capacitive, but it would probably work.

Can be found here if your interested...
Belkin Universal Cell Phone & MP3 Case w/ Armband F8M005-SML - Motorola DROID Cases & Holsters

Runnaked

Reaction score
I run with the Armpocket Sport 20 -- and I Love it!
It carrys my phone/music, ID, keys, and GU; has 3 pockets on the inside and a great locking audio port on the bottom so my ear-jack doesn't disconnect. I have small arms and all the other cheap armbands slipped right off. This actually comes in a small strap length with a vented, moisture-wicking strap that fits perfectly! Another reason it doesn't slip is the memory foam really contours to the shape of my arm, so I can really load this thing up and it won't slip.
Best of all it has a touch/heat sensitive screen that I can run my apps "on the move,"
and the double-pull zippers are super easy to get stuff out while running. I tried other cheap armbands, belts and various shorts/sweats with pockets and they all bounced and left sweat marks... not to mention bruises -- sweat and $300 smartphones... not a good combination.
The Armpocket is the gift I'm giving to all my running buds for Christmas. I recommend you check it out at www.armpocket.com. Happy Droid Running!

Card

Reaction score
I have an arm strap made of neoprene with a velcro strap. I think it was made for the iPod or iPhone, but my Droid fits in snugly. I think the manufacturer is Body Glove. I use it at the gym and on my bicycle, and I've never had any issue.