1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best way to carry droid while running

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jamsesh, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jamsesh

jamsesh New Member

I like to run and there are some great stats tracking apps in the market place. I was hoping for some advice from others about the best way to carry the phone around while running.
  2. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

In your pocket. A holster might not stay on secure enough while running, and holding it in your hand is a pretty bad idea.

If you don't have any pockets, carry some sort of backpack, or one of those girly "fanny packs". That should work just fine.
  3. gdoane

gdoane New Member

I use a fanny pack with a concealed carry holster (CCW permit holder) when I'm out running, and the wired headset I got with the Droid for listening to it. The fanny pack doesn't interfere with the GPS any and if there's any trouble, the two things I want with me are my .380 and my Droid.
  4. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Putting the phone in any type of bag to carry around shouldn't affect the GPS much. Going inside building have a larger affect.

Personally, I would prefer a small backpack and a wireless Bluetooth headset.
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

LOL now here's the guy wearing the fanny pack that you DON'T wanna piss off! LOL
  6. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

*goes and hides in a corner*
  7. gdoane

gdoane New Member

It's been my experience with the Droid that when I'm driving through the I-10 tunnel in Phoenix and it loses the signal (for obvious reasons, concrete and steel 8 foot thick can do that) it announces "GPS LOST". I've seen it do it in and out of car home mode.
  8. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Yeah, I expect tunnels or big buildings (such as wal-mart, target, etc..) would also cause problems, but thats not a big deal.

Who uses a GPS to navigate walmart? lol

All jokes aside, usually it pre-loads enough information to get you through any "bad or low signal" areas so most of the time you won't even notice it.
  9. jamsesh

jamsesh New Member

Haha thanks guys. I'll make sure to avoid anyone running with a fanny pack from now on :)
  10. s-one

s-one New Member

I use that shell/holster combo from verizon. Its been working well on my daily 5 to 7 mile fast runs.
  11. TheShaz

TheShaz New Member

Have you seen the SIZE of some of these Super Walmarts? Go in looking for a gallon of milk and I'm lost in the shoe section. A new app is needed...

:icon_ banana: MEGGA SHOPPING CENTER & MALL NAVIGATION :icon_ banana:
  12. Trip

Trip New Member

13. Runnaked

Runnaked New Member

I run with the Armpocket Sport 20 -- and I Love it!
    It carrys my phone/music, ID, keys, and GU; has 3 pockets on the inside and a great locking audio port on the bottom so my ear-jack doesn't disconnect. I have small arms and all the other cheap armbands slipped right off. This actually comes in a small strap length with a vented, moisture-wicking strap that fits perfectly! Another reason it doesn't slip is the memory foam really contours to the shape of my arm, so I can really load this thing up and it won't slip.
    Best of all it has a touch/heat sensitive screen that I can run my apps "on the move,"
    and the double-pull zippers are super easy to get stuff out while running. I tried other cheap armbands, belts and various shorts/sweats with pockets and they all bounced and left sweat marks... not to mention bruises -- sweat and $300 smartphones... not a good combination.
    The Armpocket is the gift I'm giving to all my running buds for Christmas. I recommend you check it out at www.armpocket.com. Happy Droid Running!
  14. born2golf

born2golf New Member

15. Card

Card New Member

I have an arm strap made of neoprene with a velcro strap. I think it was made for the iPod or iPhone, but my Droid fits in snugly. I think the manufacturer is Body Glove. I use it at the gym and on my bicycle, and I've never had any issue.
  16. GT944

GT944 New Member

*blushes* umm.... you mean you guys DONT need gps in Wal-Mart? Some of those things are pretty gargantuan...

+1 for arm holster btw.
Search tags for this page

android holder for running

android holders for running

android phone holder for running

best way to carry cell phone while running
best way to carry smartphone while running
best way to hold phone while running
best way to run with phone

droid holder for running

how to carry phone while running

how to carry smartphone while running