How do you carry your droid on you?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
ive always had crappy phones and im about to upgrade to the Droid so i was just wondering, how do you recommend carrying the phone? on a belt(clip on holder or one that you set it down in) or in your pocket?
Whatever suits you best. It's a subjective matter. You could read countless opinions and not find an option suited to you.

Steve H

Reaction score
I have the MOTA855HOC case. It's been on for three days and may come off. Without the case it will fit in my pocket better.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally I used the holster that I had from my Voyager. It was really for a Samsung smart phone, but it fit both. Unfortunately it used a magnet for closing and that meant that when I took my phone out of the holster it came out of Car Home. I ended up getting a holster made for the Droid which uses Velcro.

Mawnee

Reaction score
In my pocket, no screen-protector, no case.

I do take the precaution of carrying my keys in the OTHER pocket. No sense in risking a scratch on the screen, even though it's glass and shouldn't scratch easily.

Same here. :)

boatman2220

Reaction score
I got the hard cover with the slip-in belt clip. I noticed that the phone had slid out several inches several times with this clip. I went to the Verizon store and got a belt pouch with Velcro that's made for the Droid. I can keep the hard cover on it and use either the pouch or the slide-in belt clip if I want to. I never have to take the hard cover off now that battery pulls are a thing of the past. :byeBB:

Last edited:

jasonb

Reaction score
my droid is in my right pocket (by itself) with no case or screen protector. the guy at best buy was trying so hard to get me to buy a case. he thought it was a terrible idea not to use a case, but i just don't like cases and really don't think it needs one.

91rangerturbo

Reaction score
my droid is in my right pocket (by itself) with no case or screen protector. the guy at best buy was trying so hard to get me to buy a case. he thought it was a terrible idea not to use a case, but i just don't like cases and really don't think it needs one.
Agreed and i bought insurance threw best buy for 10 dollars per month. I don't have to worry about a thing. If it gets scratched or the screen broke or whatever. NO Deductible and NO questions asked. I get a new phone.

radd

Reaction score
I bought a small plastic case - on back and around screen - then just throw it in the pocket.

macminn18

Reaction score
Is there a problem with magnets on a pouch? I've been using my old BB pouch that has a magnet on it.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Is there a problem with magnets on a pouch? I've been using my old BB pouch that has a magnet on it.
Magnets are what activate function for it when in car dock or home dock. It's where the magnets are placed. The BlackBerry will go to sleep when placed in their holster or case that has the magnet in them. The Droid comes alive when it comes in touch with magnets placed in certain locations. Each dock has a magnet placed in a location that triggers the function of that dock. I've read where people use the magnet closure cases with no effect. I forget if they turn the Droid screen in or outwards.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
"I'ts just a phone?!!??! Ban him please. :icon_ banana:

throw it in your pocket and be done with it. it's just a phone.

don't let technology dictate how you lead your life.

that being said, if you really want to, throw a case on it.

Bill M

Reaction score
I don't like holsters any more than I like to see people walking around with bluetooth headsets ALWAYS on.

I just stick it in my pocket, I have a body glove case for it. I don't have a screen protector on it, the glass is pretty tough.

dd1sk

Reaction score
I'm running around with the Shell/Holster combo. Though I don't actually use the holster, as your phone faces in, rendering it useless when holstered.

The top right corner of the bottom shell (right next to the camera lens) does NOT snap into place. Or if you position that corner first and then snap the other 3 corners, that edge will pop out of place. I returned it to get another, because I really like the look; same results. Perhaps your mileage may vary, but I'll be looking for another case soon.

-dd1sk