Who carries their Droid naked? How has it held up (scratches)

N54power

Reaction score
I've been carrying it around with the Verizon oem Hard Shell and Holster, but I love the sleekness of a "naked" Droid. I'm not so worried about dropping it but more so scratches on the phone from placing it on tables, sliding it around, etc.

For you brave souls out there, how has your Droid held up to scratches and such from normal contact with tabletop/coutertops, pockets/bags, etc?

P.S. Anyone try out a stick on clear film like Ghost Armor, 3M phone skin, etc? It's near impossible to find real world pics of an actual Droid with it installed. :greendroid:

Xerozix

Reaction score
I don't understand who wants to put on the Ghost Armor stuff because either way you risk your screen broken. I've been using my Droid without the case and screen protector, and managed to get a scratch on the screen (yikes). I went in and got it replaced yesterday because of the headphone jack and I also bought a screen protector and case while I was in.

tu3218

Reaction score
I've had the droid since it came out and no case, no screen protector and I still have yet to find any scratches on the phone. Now I am careful with my electronics but I'm assuming most people here are when they own a phone like this. I still should probably put a screen protector on but I know its a glass screen so it takes alot!! to scratch it. I won't get a case because I think a case will make it too bulky. I think it really is like a robot lol I bet this phone can handle a lot of use and "abuse".

LordKastle

Reaction score
naked but inside an old-school Zune pouch [happens to fit snug and tight right inside...almost like its fitted]...so when its in my pocket its covered. when I take it out..nothing.

good as new.

look around for various things like that instead of a case, etc..if you want no extra bulk.

Dejavoo

Reaction score
It's hard to fathom

It's hard to fathom any of my electronics without a screen protector. I currently use a Zagg. You can't even tell there is a protector on it. They even guarantee and stand behind their products will not scratch. I'm not talking about scratching your screen, they guarantee that their protectors will not scratch. I've had mine since day one with plenty of abuse, like keys and phone in the same pocket. I'm yet to find a single scratch on it.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
Naked here with a pouch..

Not a scratch or anything on it.

I did try to use it with a case for awhile but I always yearned for the feel of the naked one so I threw caution to the wind.

Reaction score
NAKED since day one which is about a month and have a couple of scratches on the screen very small and one tiny one on the case but i am 100% sure in the next two years I will get at least 2 refurbs from vzw for one reason or another so i dont care!

omnibus

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since introduction day. I've never had a screen protector or case. The phone is either in a shirt pocket by itself or at home mostly in the multimedia dock (as I write this it's exposed on my desk which is not rare). Anyway, a brief swipe with a lens cloth and it could pass for new back side and screen side.

Do a search for "gorilla glass" in this forum for an interesting article.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Naked since 11/11,,,not a scratch on it :)

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Naked until today with no nicks or scratches. I've only had it for three weeks. One of my presents today was a clip on case. I'm pretty careful with my stuff. I did buy a screen protecter the first day but when I put it on I didn't like it and took it right off.

lemodular

Reaction score
naked since 11/06. I carry it in my pants pocket most of the time. I have developed a habit of not carrying loose change or keys in the same pocket. No scratch...but haven't been to the beach yet.

moot

Reaction score
Naked for the past 3 weeks. I carry it in my jeans pocket exclusively. No scratches. Have you seen the torture test screen scratching on youtube. The screen really holds up very well, which influenced me to carry this thing naked.

MrBaz

Reaction score
Naked, but carried in a pouch here. I've never liked any of my phones with 'skins' on them.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I use mine with no case, no screen-protector. I carry it in my pocket, and the only precaution I take is that I don't put my keys in the same pocket with the phone... Still looks like new, and I've had it since Nov. 7th.

Million

Reaction score
Have mine naked for the month that I've had it... have dropped it 4 times, but no major scratches... just could not decide which case to get for it.... there are so many