anyone running or theming 5.0.7.1 yet ?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Installed the Smoke Glass-Esque 1.5.3 over Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 and it's great!! smooth as butter!!

Awesome work m3kilpat!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Back to BB v1.0 w/Smoked Glass ..... see no compelling reason to stay with CM 5.0.7.1... it seems to be sticky at times, especially when it's booting back up and loading the Home screen... that's been my personal experience so far.

Zodduska

Reaction score
Some people mentioned problems with setting custom wallpapers from the gallery in 5.0.7 with them looking like crap, I seem to be having the same problem with 5.0.7.1.. can anyone confirm?

David522

Reaction score
i loaded it up, but quickly went back to bb1.0
just wasnt the same

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the CM forums down?

B

budmonster

Is anyone having Market problems or setCPU issues?

My Market app is extremely slow, takes minutes for apps to load up when click on. Also my "Downloads" section doesn't come up. The Market has been giving me connection type errors.

I don't know if the OC kernel I'm using are causing the issue or what but setcpu keeps foreclosing. For some reason CM seem to be chugging along. I downloaded the latest version from Rom Manager and check the "Wipe" box before installation.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Asked this in another thread but no one answered...

What does enabling compcache do exactly?

Benefits/downsides?

Thanks for any info

m3kilpat

Reaction score
If you have Pandora installed through the market, uninstall it before applying the themed version. The themed version is installed to /system/app whereas the market version installs to /data/app. The market version will take precedence I believe.

Yes there seems to be a problem installing the extras. I'm not sure why. I installed them all manually without a problem, but after downloading those same apk's through Rom Manager they aren't working. All the extras can easily be found online anyways if you must have them.

B

budmonster

I don't know why I'm having these problems, it seems to me always on CM roms.

Also I wondering if their is any way to pull the Spare Parts app from the latest CM rom that has the color changer etc. I'm curious to know if it would work on ESE81 w/ just root and su?

EDIT: I'm also curious on what all the settings in Spare Parts actually do? Like compcache, etc.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Giving 5.0.7.1 with Smoked Glass-Esque a go today. SG loaded fine thru Metamorph. I also downloaded DroTang to try out tomorrow.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Quick dumb question.... I haven't run SetCPU (Bugless Beast) in a while and I just installed 1.53 and I set my profiles the way I did before (I think) but I can't get it to show more than 550 as a max. I loaded a P3Droid 1100 kernel to use with SetCPU. What have I forgotten to do?

Last edited: