Problems with 5.0.7.1

magnus

Reaction score
Just installed 5.0.7.1

Love it...but having a few bugs. Is anyone else having this?

+ Settings FCs anytime I hit to 'change pinlock' or 'require pinclock'. Anyone else have this? I put a message on my lock screen and now I get a FC everytime
+ I am not able to install swype.

I am running 5.0.7.1 off ROM manager with a smoked glass-esque skin.

Any comments?

Thank you in advance!

Taegost

Reaction score
I don't use the pinlock, but I do use Swype. I'm using Beta 5612, and it's been installed since I was stock and backed up/re-installed using Titanium Backup quite a few times.
It works perfectly.

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Hmm......thanks...good to know. I do have it on my backups....but it just won't install. Trying to do a manual install prompts an 'application not installed' message.

Thanks for your input!

Taegost

Reaction score
I got that when trying to do the manual update for Bloo yesterday, and I had to un-install it... Of course, that doesn't help you much since it's not installed :)
Try using System Panel to see if your system thinks it's still installed, Ihave that issue with Helix Launcher, my system thinks it's installed when it really isn't :)

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I used the PIN lock feature to test.....ran no problems, no FC's. Turned it off as I don't really need to lock my phone.

Running CM 5.0.7.1

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Thank you for the tests and replies!

I think a reinstall is in order.

Thanks

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Magnus, mine did the same thing after an update and a bunch of theming...

I jumped from 5.0.7 to .7.1 and then tried out about 5 themes for the hell of it. After I settled on smoked glass, no longer could I change the pin lock or anything in that section of the menu. Reflashing now and only lading SG to seee if too much theming was the issue...

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Reinstalled 5.0.7.1, still had the pinlock features...

Installed Smoked Glass, and it got rid of my Pin Lock features...

Something about Smoked Glass is killing that feature... bummer as that's the only reason I upgraded to 5.0.7.1

wiiman3601

Reaction score
I am having a different issue. I have been running CM5.0.7.1 ever since the day it came out and I haven't really had any problems other than my phone seems to think that I ALWAYS have a voicemail message to listen to. I have called the VMbox and even reprogrammed my phone a couple times... still have the same notification that I have 1 VM message. I have given up on trying to fix this. If anyone has any idea what could be the problem please let me know... its just annoying.

Moto Droid
CM5.0.7.1
P3Droid 1.2 Gh

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm that voicemail issue is odd..for me I am seeing the market and maps in my downloaded section of my Manage Applications...not a big deal, haven't really tested to see if there were bugs from it....this happening to anyone else?

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Yup........as soon as installed Smoked Glass, the extra menu options go away and Settings FCs.

Good to have gotten to the bottom of that. I still can't get swype to work. I've noticed that Titanium Backup is not able to restore a few apps.....namely swype, mobile defense, mixzing and few others...

I'd really like to get swype working. Maybe my copy got corrupted somehow. Anyone know where I can get another one?

When I try to restore swype, it tells me that that will 'reinstall over an existing app'....I checked in /data/app and system/app but sywpe is not there..... The installation fails.....and I just can't get any other back up to restore.

Thanks for your ideas guys!!!!

bodean

Reaction score
"PLANE MODE" widget with Beautiful WIdgets still does not activate Plane mode. Ongoing issue.